Netflix

Biscuits

On 03/06/2020 at 11:27, welshbairn said:

I grew into it. Sophisticated sci fi spoof it is not, but it has its moments. More The Three Stooges than Galaxy Quest.

The space side of things is purely incidental. John Malkovich steals the show IMO, doing a bit of a Werner Herzog voice. Quite sweet and good hearted and a bit shonky in a good way. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

The space side of things is purely incidental. John Malkovich steals the show IMO, doing a bit of a Werner Herzog voice. Quite sweet and good hearted and a bit shonky in a good way. 

Obviously John Malkovich is the best thing in it by a factor of about 100, but I'll not be bothering past the first episode.

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Obviously John Malkovich is the best thing in it by a factor of about 100, but I'll not be bothering past the first episode.

It's funny how tv can be so divisive. You'll never get to see the chimp attempting to rescue the satellite. 

4 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone watched Medical Police?

Apart from being excellent in an old school, Naked Gun type way, it also absolutely called the whole Covid situation. Right down to the 'Stay Alert' slogan.

I watched the first episode and thought it was awful. And I love Naked Gun and Police Squad

On 31/05/2020 at 15:05, Dee Man said:

Just finished watching the Jeffrey Epstein documentary 'Filthy Rich'. A very interesting watch especially as I didn't know much about him other than allegations of under-age sex. I don't want to ruin it for anyone so here's my review in the spoiler. 

Hide contents

He was a filthy beast and so is Prince Andrew. 

Finished it tonight.

The names getting thrown under the bus by staff and the abused girls was something else.

The telecommunications fella was excellent and for Clinton to come out and think we believe a word he says after ML and various photos really shows how certain people have a perception of reality.

I liked how everyone started distancing themselves from Epstein not after he done time but after he was finally hauled in to face the music and denied bail.

The way it finished is what I kept asking. I won't post it here incase folk watch it but I hope we see a mass raid in the wealthy and powerful from both sides of the pond.

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Finished it tonight.

The names getting thrown under the bus by staff and the abused girls was something else.

The telecommunications fella was excellent and for Clinton to come out and think we believe a word he says after ML and various photos really shows how certain people have a perception of reality.

I liked how everyone started distancing themselves from Epstein not after he done time but after he was finally hauled in to face the music and denied bail.

The way it finished is what I kept asking. I won't post it here incase folk watch it but I hope we see a mass raid in the wealthy and powerful from both sides of the pond.

My main take from that series was hoping that Ghislaine Maxwell has a really painful death. Under-age girl trafficking c**t that she is. 

The interviews with his clearly broken victims were harrowing stuff. I was also quite surprised that they just threw the names out there. 

33 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

My main take from that series was hoping that Ghislaine Maxwell has a really painful death. Under-age girl trafficking c**t that she is. 

The interviews with his clearly broken victims were harrowing stuff. I was also quite surprised that they just threw the names out there. 

Yep I'm 100% with you.

She's got some superb fantasy ideas if she thinks she's innocent in all this.

We all knew a few of the names linked to this case and Epstein, but the way the victims and the Telecoms guy were throwing names around shocked me that this went out.

I'd also love to know what the FBI found in his safe after she said about his love of cameras everywhere.

The 2nd autopsy was new to me.

Never believed he had committed suicide and it was far too convenient that he was dead after all he knew.

1 minute ago, Gaz FFC said:

Yep I'm 100% with you.

She's got some superb fantasy ideas if she thinks she's innocent in all this.

We all knew a few of the names linked to this case and Epstein, but the way the victims and the Telecoms guy were throwing names around shocked me that this went out.

I'd also love to know what the FBI found in his safe after she said about his love of cameras everywhere.

The 2nd autopsy was new to me.

Never believed he had committed suicide and it was far too convenient that he was dead after all he knew.

We'll never know the extent of his political pals' noncery. No way is that shit ever seeing the light of day. The one thing that surprises me about his suicide is that I'd have expected him to have arranged to release every single piece of dirt he had on the rich and famous upon his death. He was an absolute narcissist and would, I imagine, have wanted to burn the whole fucking house down if he wasn't going to get to play in it any more. 

33 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

We'll never know the extent of his political pals' noncery. No way is that shit ever seeing the light of day. The one thing that surprises me about his suicide is that I'd have expected him to have arranged to release every single piece of dirt he had on the rich and famous upon his death. He was an absolute narcissist and would, I imagine, have wanted to burn the whole fucking house down if he wasn't going to get to play in it any more. 

That's why I assume his "suicide" happened so quickly.

He must have believed his pals would get him out on at least bail and once that bridge was burned before he could get a plan together he's found dead.

When you hear the stories about the place he was in it seemed very convenient he was there. Perfect for a murder/suicide.

Why wasn't he in a high security building and on suicide watch given his come down?

To go from where he had lived to prison wasn't gonnae be a smooth transition. His brother and the hired doctor certainly aren't buying it.

On 04/06/2020 at 16:02, Shandon Par said:

It's funny how tv can be so divisive. You'll never get to see the chimp attempting to rescue the satellite. 

Maybe it's just me , but , the chimp and the drill.....I laughed at that bit like I haven't laughed in a few months.

23 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

22 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

That's why I assume his "suicide" happened so quickly.

He must have believed his pals would get him out on at least bail and once that bridge was burned before he could get a plan together he's found dead.

When you hear the stories about the place he was in it seemed very convenient he was there. Perfect for a murder/suicide.

Why wasn't he in a high security building and on suicide watch given his come down?

To go from where he had lived to prison wasn't gonnae be a smooth transition. His brother and the hired doctor certainly aren't buying it.

Clearly a limited hangout.

There's an interview on the True Anon podcast with Maria Farmer who's on the doc that's worth a listen but fucking hell it's a rough listen at times. If anything it just hammers home how weird Epstein and Maxwell were. 

Edited by NotThePars

Started watching Afterlife for something easy to watch and it's fine even if it feels a bit lazy and mainly a vehicle for Gervais to share his worldview.

Edited by NotThePars

Started watching Afterlife for something easy to watch and it's fine even if it feels a bit lazy and mainly a vehicle for Gervais to share his worldview.
Easy to watch?!

IMO >>>

a8b63ab0bcb32b69ba92a741c853556a.jpeg

Somebody Feed Phil is quite a nice watch. Phil Rosenthal, the writer/creator of Everybody Loves Raymond, goes to various cities to try the local cuisine. Usually follows a standard path - local market, street food, cafe/bar, lunch, fancy Michelin starred restaurant, dinner at the home of a local chef/writer/noted citizen of some sort. Some incredible looking food and Phil himself is very affable and makes friends wherever he goes. Quite similar to the Anthony Bourdain programme I guess.