Netflix

Biscuits

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

The Last Dance is one of the best sports documentaries for many years. Epic stuff. Good that you get to see a different side to Jordan, almost a bully at times, coming from someone who loved MJ as a player.

Must admit, I was absolutely shocked when he was on the brink of tears when the interviewer asked if he thought people saw him as a nice person. Seemed to really hit a nerve.

I saw his tears as coming about due to him talking about his desire to win. It was so fucking intense that need of his to win, with how any perceived slight against him he used as fuel going into a match. That ending of ep.7 was brilliant stuff.

Im not sure im really enjoying The Last Dance. Most people on it are arseholes and Jordan is no exception. Whilst clearly one of the best basketball players ever, theres something about him i dont like. The match footage and interviews are tremendous but the incessant need to keep time jumping is off putting and completely unnecassary

Trial By Media, interesting docuseries about criminal cases that were heavily published and influenced by the US media. Worth a watch seen a few now and it shows how the media really can sway a case one way or another.

Not hugely surprising news. 531433045_Screenshot_20200506-195633_Twitter2.thumb.jpeg.f33f76568261c82b83af6102ed8e45c9.jpeg

I’m working my way through Series 2 just now, the Dennis Pennis character psychiatrist is making me want to switch off every time he’s on screen. Just there for some sort of shock value, he’s not shocking, he’s just shite.

White Lines. Just a couple of episodes in but loving this. In the first few minutes I worried it was going to be like a BBC1 drama but that didn’t last. Mostly in English but with some Spanish/subtitles. 

Drug dealing, murder mystery, Ibiza, orgies and classic house music. What’s not to like? 

White Lines. Just a couple of episodes in but loving this. In the first few minutes I worried it was going to be like a BBC1 drama but that didn’t last. Mostly in English but with some Spanish/subtitles. 

Drug dealing, murder mystery, Ibiza, orgies and classic house music. What’s not to like? 

Watched first episode. Looks decent. Anything with Daniel Mays is usually good.

On 16/05/2020 at 08:40, Shandon Par said:

Is it aimed at a younger audience ? Rather like Power is for example 

3 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

Is it aimed at a younger audience ? Rather like Power is for example 

I don't think so - probably my agegroup (42 just over 40). There's plenty of flashbacks to mid 90s raves, lots of house and also lots of stuff like Happy Mondays as the current background music. A young club promoter/dj turns up dead after vanishing on Ibiza in the mid 90s so most of the characters are growing old disgracefully types in their early 40s. Shame @Dele doesn't like it but I'm gutted I have to be at work today and couldn't stay home and finish it. 

Steve Kerr [emoji33]
Yeah, absolute sin. One of the good guys in The Last Dance. How Jerry Krause was allowed to dismantle a team that had won 6 of the last 8 championships was disgraceful. And thats not even including binning Phil Jackson

6 hours ago, Twinkle said:
6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Steve Kerr emoji33.png

Yeah, absolute sin. One of the good guys in The Last Dance. How Jerry Krause was allowed to dismantle a team that had won 6 of the last 8 championships was disgraceful. And thats not even including binning Phil Jackson

A bit more sympathy for him when it turned out the owner was a bit of a two faced c**t

Iv never watched a full game of Basketball in my life but The Last Dance was one of the best documentaries iv seen. Jordan's will to will and focus was incredible even if it did make him a dick at times but I don't think you get to that elite level without a bit of cuntery in you! 

Jerry Krause dismantling that team after 6 championships was a shambles. He clearly believes he was responsible for those championships as much as the players! 

You also have to love Rodman missing practice to go wrestle! 

Rodman was living the dream in the 90s. Playing with the Chicago Bulls in the NBA, wrestling with Hulk Hogan and to top it off, pumping Carmen Electra. Cant see that being topped any time soon

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Steve Kerr :o

What a career he had after he left Chicago, winning the championship with San Antonio Spurs the next season to make it 4 titles in a row, he won it again with The Spurs in 2003, decent coaching record as well. 

Thoroughly enjoyed The Last Dance. Gutted it's finished. Some of my 'analysis':-

Jordan was an absolute monster on the court. I'm not a big basketball fan but some of the shit he was pulling off was incredible. One of the shots where he had the ball in his right hand, was coming down then threw it to his left hand and scored was unreal.

He was clearly a bit of a tyrant but I didn't get a sense of his being a tosser as such. He wanted to win and I expect him pushing folk to the limit played a bit part. I'd go as far to say that if you asked every player that won with him "would you trade his behaviour and the success for him to be more pleasant but win nothing" not one player would choose the latter.

I actually think given how much the press obsessed over him that he conducted himself really well. The guy was the best there's been but I didn't get much in the way of arrogance from him. Apart from when folk challenged him. But he didn't appear to play into the one man team sort of behaviour.

Jerry Krause is the epitome of wee man syndrome. To announce a coach will be sacked before a ball is thrown is absolutely mental. And the owner is just as big a dick.

Fair play to Karl Malone for coming on to the Bulls bus to congratulate Jordan. That took some balls IMO. Far more dignified than Thomas and The Pistons with their walk out.

Cracking documentary all-in.