Netflix

Biscuits

Finished After Life, a lot to like about it but felt it could have been better. Paul Kay's psychiatrist character added nothing to the show imo.

Annette Crosbie playing the 100 year old woman was on of the highlights of the series for me. Reminded me so much of my granddad when he made it past 90. "All my pals are dead, I don't know any c**t."

I lost my Dad just over 2 years ago, so some of the last 2 episodes brought back a lot of not so good memories. One thing that did raise a smile though was Penelope Wilton and Peter Egan walking off together at the end. Back in the day of 4 channels and 1 tv in the house, my Dad used to watch Ever Decreasing Circles, just found it ironic that those 2 actors wandered off together, albeit as different characters, 30 odd years later.

"Into The Night" - action-packed Belgian scifi nonsense. A man hijacks a plane at gunpoint and demands that they head west because if they don't... they're all going to die, for reasons which will be explained.

You could probably spot plenty of plotholes but, at six episodes of only 40 minutes or so each, it (excuse the pun) flies by. A welcome lockdown distraction.

Not hugely surprising news. 531433045_Screenshot_20200506-195633_Twitter2.thumb.jpeg.f33f76568261c82b83af6102ed8e45c9.jpeg

Dug will definitely die IMO. Said it after 1 but really dunno where he goes from here. It can't be as hard a view as 2 or folk will chuck it I reckon.

14 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

True, although fair to say Nike subsequently made a similar mistake with Steph Curry

Adidas missed out on LeBron too, even though both him and Jordan were wanting to sign with them.

The Last Dance has been brilliant. Loved the footage of Rodman being given 48 hours off to go to Vegas. Phil Jackson is an absolute boss but all the characters are interesting.

It must have been a nightmare being Jordan at that time - absolutely exhausting. I think to be so good and so much of a winner you probably have to be a bit of a dick at times - it has got me seeking out a Jordan biography to find out more.

On 16/04/2020 at 20:13, Bairnardo said:

Maybe "doing it wrong" but I watched I'm Alan Partridge which was fantastic. I start Knowing Me Knowing you lastnight and didnt like episode 1 really. It was nowhere near subtle enough. Should I stick with it?

I’ve just went and rewatched these episodes, as this post had cast an unwelcome shadow of doubt upon them. I can say now, without any prejudice , that if you don’t find these episodes funny you should hand yourself into the nearest police station at the earliest opportunity, surrender your passport, and explain that you are there under the conditions of Operation Yewtree. 

KMKY Episode 1 has one of Alan Partridges best ever quotes...

‘Oh yeah, people go on about the Titanic, the Titanic... Let me tell you something about the Titanic, people forget that on the Titanic's maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg!’

Edited by IrishBhoy