Netflix

Biscuits

I hated the first series of After Life and was quite impressed how much worse the new one was.

Dropping c-bombs left right and centre (an old woman did it this time!) does not replace actual writing.

The talent show that lasted half an episode was terrible.

The 'sad' scenes may as well have a siren ringing and red text flashing "cry now".

His wife is not even slightly endearing.

Everything being filmed for no reason.

I hated the first series of After Life and was quite impressed how much worse the new one was.

Dropping c-bombs left right and centre (an old woman did it this time!) does not replace actual writing.

The 'sad' scenes may as well have a siren ringing and red text flashing "cry now".

Why did you watch the 2nd series if you hated the 1st?

10 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

The Last Dance has been fascinating and I think basketball is rubbish.

im the same its been good. Jordan seems a bit of a tit to be honest.

This lead me onto Last chance U, just watching the latest season, may dip back to the others.  Certainly an eyeopener 

She wanted to watch it.

She liked the first series but was less receptive to the second one, pretty much following the consensus on here.
The number of houses nowadays that only have one tv per household startles me :o

FWIW, I'm a Gervais fanboy and it was a well made programme as his generally are. It had some light comedic relief throughout but was again a hard watch. Maybe that's the point Gervais is trying to make? 6 episodes isn't enough to overcome grief? I don't know. I wasn't keen on a second one and it was OK but I'd still have left it after 1. I hear he's going for a third and I really don't know where he goes. I know it contradicts what I've suggested but another 6 episodes that hard wouldn't be good TV IMO. And I fully expect the dog will die.

After life is a decent watch, I worked with a guy who was late 50’s and lost his wife a few years back and he was going through the exact same thing as Gervais is and it is very sad to see. I’m a big fan of Paul Kay’s character in season 2.

Watched the Coronavirus documentary that was added yesterday which was pretty good and cleared a few things up without leaving me completely terrified.

Just finished watching A Secret Love. Beautiful piece of documentary making.

Would have been nice to hear about their early years together but leaving that out didn't take away from the story. No surprise whatsoever that Ryan Murphy was involved.

On 29/04/2020 at 07:51, Steve_Wilkos said:

I usually like Gervais and think both The Office and Extras are superb. I usually do like his style of humour and writing. The first season of After Life was pretty good I thought, but we are just a few episodes into this second one and I agree with most of your points. Gervais has turned everything up to 11 and not in a good way. It veers between these incredibly sad, sad moments (much worse than in season one), to extremes of the therapist who's character is now this caricature version of what he was before.

It feels forced so far, whereas the first season did have value and worked well as a stand alone mini-series. A bit like Killing Eve, a great original season and then a bit forced thereafter (and a rehashing of things they have already done).

Started watching season 2 of Kingdom but got halfway through the first episode and couldn't remember who anyone was or the storyline from the first series.
Think I'll need to rewatch season 1 again first.

16 hours ago, The Naitch said:

Just finished watching A Secret Love. Beautiful piece of documentary making.

Would have been nice to hear about their early years together but leaving that out didn't take away from the story. No surprise whatsoever that Ryan Murphy was involved.

Decent documentary but agree it felt as if a large section of their life together was missed out. I thought it ended up more about the ageing process, mobility/health problems and housing issues although it was great to see them finally getting married with all their friends and family there.