Netflix

Biscuits

Which doctor did you start with?
I actually started watching because someone said the episode with Van Gogh was really good (Matt Smith). I watched that one and the one after and enjoyed both stories. I remember an episode years ago that freaked me out. WWII and the kid with the gasmask, so decided to go back to that one (two) with Eccleston. I've watched it from there and am almost at the end of season 2.

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 minutes ago, Mr X said:
Which doctor did you start with?

I actually started watching because someone said the episode with Van Gogh was really good (Matt Smith). I watched that one and the one after and enjoyed both stories. I remember an episode years ago that freaked me out. WWII and the kid with the gasmask, so decided to go back to that one (two) with Eccleston. I've watched it from there and am almost at the end of season 2.

You should really have started at the beginning of the Eccleston ones to get the proper story

9 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
10 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:
Wild Wild Country is worth a look. Documentary about a huge cult that buy a ranch next to a small town and shit goes south.

Watched the first two then gave up. Dragged on far too much for me.

Didn't enjoy the first episode much but I think it was pretty important in setting up the rest of the series. I found the second episode absolutely fascinating. And it only gears up from there. quite

Didn't enjoy the first episode much but I think it was pretty important in setting up the rest of the series. I found the second episode absolutely fascinating. And it only gears up from there. quite
It was tedious. I'll not be watching any more.

23 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Wild Wild Country is worth a look. Documentary about a huge cult that buy a ranch next to a small town and shit goes south.

Watched the first 2 episodes so far. A bit slow at times and really doesn't represent the locals very well so far. Story behind it seems interesting. Some seriously hefty muff on show in parts too, not seen anything like that since my first girlfriend 20 odd years ago.

Watched the first 2 episodes so far. A bit slow at times and really doesn't represent the locals very well so far. Story behind it seems interesting. Some seriously hefty muff on show in parts too, not seen anything like that since my first girlfriend 20 odd years ago.
Yip I thought the first 2 episodes portrayed the locals as right wing bigots and couldn't understand their dislike for the new community. It soon changes and you realise. I imagine the way it's done is intentional and the locals knew the information we're given long before we're told about it (if that makes any sense!)

just finished the staircase. top class documentary, is it a bit long but really good.

i don't know if he did or didn't!

Just finished it too, thought it was fantastic! The 1st few episodes were a bit of a slog but once it went into court it was top telly.

I don’t think he done it, doesn’t come across as the kinds of guy who would commit a murder like that in his own home, as soon as the stuff came out about the weapon apparently used that kinda made my mind up! Sounds to me like she was a bit tipsy, took a heeder doon the stairs, eventually woke up and had a massive struggle and fell again!

Did you watch the Owl theory? They said she was found with her own hair in each hand and within that hair were tiny fragments of pine and feathers!

16 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Just finished it too, thought it was fantastic! The 1st few episodes were a bit of a slog but once it went into court it was top telly.

I don’t think he done it, doesn’t come across as the kinds of guy who would commit a murder like that in his own home, as soon as the stuff came out about the weapon apparently used that kinda made my mind up! Sounds to me like she was a bit tipsy, took a heeder doon the stairs, eventually woke up and had a massive struggle and fell again!

Did you watch the Owl theory? They said she was found with her own hair in each hand and within that hair were tiny fragments of pine and feathers!

i'm the same , but i was also reading somwhere that there was another evidence not talked about, so god knows.

i've read about it , not actually seen anything about it, where can i see this?

Made my way through 'Money Heist' over the past few days. Gang of criminals take over the Spanish royal mint. Some brilliant characters and at various points you are willing both the police and the criminals to succeed. I watched in Spanish with English subtitles as I feel watching a dubbed version detracts from foreign language films/shows.

5 hours ago, DanMc99 said:

i'm the same , but i was also reading somwhere that there was another evidence not talked about, so god knows.

i've read about it , not actually seen anything about it, where can i see this?

It's on Netflix if you have it, it was 10 episodes that were released a few year ago then they released an extra 3 episodes which was about his release from prison/house arrest and being granted a new trial etc.....

Yes you are right, there was other stuff done at the trial I've since read was missing from the docu, apparently the prosecution cut all cameras for parts of the trial. At the end of the day there was no DNA taken from the body  or from the scene for that matter, there was no physical evidence that says that he killed his wife, bascially his foot print on the back of her leg and a spot of blood on his shorts! All they pin pointed was the wounds on the head, the blood and his personal past, how can the jury decide that the case was proven beyond reasonable doubt, it was basically decided on "hmm, I think he did it", that's not the way it should work.

The fact that one of the main talking points of this trial and a big deciding factor was the blood, the man in charge of this area was officially found out to have used false information about what happened not only in this case but 30 odd others and rejected the DNA request from the local police, why? because he clearly knew that the DNA test could come back with something that would blow his theory right out of the water and almost certainly result in Peterson walking free.

Who knows if he did do it or not but he should have had Not Guilty based on the evidence that was provided.

I bloody love the court stuff but f**k doing it for a living haha!

3 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

It's on Netflix if you have it, it was 10 episodes that were released a few year ago then they released an extra 3 episodes which was about his release from prison/house arrest and being granted a new trial etc.....

Yes you are right, there was other stuff done at the trial I've since read was missing from the docu, apparently the prosecution cut all cameras for parts of the trial. At the end of the day there was no DNA taken from the body  or from the scene for that matter, there was no physical evidence that says that he killed his wife, bascially his foot print on the back of her leg and a spot of blood on his shorts! All they pin pointed was the wounds on the head, the blood and his personal past, how can the jury decide that the case was proven beyond reasonable doubt, it was basically decided on "hmm, I think he did it", that's not the way it should work.

The fact that one of the main talking points of this trial and a big deciding factor was the blood, the man in charge of this area was officially found out to have used false information about what happened not only in this case but 30 odd others and rejected the DNA request from the local police, why? because he clearly knew that the DNA test could come back with something that would blow his theory right out of the water and almost certainly result in Peterson walking free.

Who knows if he did do it or not but he should have had Not Guilty based on the evidence that was provided.

I bloody love the court stuff but f**k doing it for a living haha!

the owl theory one , is there  a name for that documentary?

found it funny the amount of jokes his brother and his lawyer were making about going to prison in the lead up. must have been convinved that it'd be a not guilty verdict.

i also think having two southern prosecution lawyers helped the prosecution , compared to the defence having a jewish lawyer and a middle class american 

17 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

the owl theory one , is there  a name for that documentary?

found it funny the amount of jokes his brother and his lawyer were making about going to prison in the lead up. must have been convinved that it'd be a not guilty verdict.

i also think having two southern prosecution lawyers helped the prosecution , compared to the defence having a jewish lawyer and a middle class american 

There isn't a full episode on that, there was a clip at the end, you can see it on YouTube, it's about 4 mins long, it's quite interesting! The only thing that might end that theory is that fact that Peterson said he was at the pool and watched his wife leave into the garden, you'd think she would be screaming like mad outside if an owl attacked her head, an intruder is more likely, he said he never went back into the house for another 45 mins after she left, if that's true anything could have happened in that time.