Netflix

Biscuits

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just watched Spirited Away. Thought it was absolutely magnificent. Didn't think Japanese Anime was for me but I'll definitely be watching the other ones added.

It was just so weirdly wonderful with the ideas and there never appeared to be a midway lull like a lot of films. It felt like 100mph the whole film.

Tremendous.

Be warned, there are some stinkers out there too, and Netflix has picked a few of them first!

My Neighbour Totoro is also really good. I havent watched them yet but Castle in the Sky and Kikis Delivery Service are supposed to be among the best too

14 hours ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Let's not hold back here. Season 2 of Altered Carbon is gash.

I'm astonished that it got a second series.  I made it through an episode and a half of the first series and that was plenty.

F1: Drive to Survive S2 appears to be every bit as engrossing as S1.  I've watched the first 3 episodes.  I want a spin of series following Guenther Steiner swearing like f**k at absolutely everyone.

Just watched Spirited Away. Thought it was absolutely magnificent. Didn't think Japanese Anime was for me but I'll definitely be watching the other ones added.

It was just so weirdly wonderful with the ideas and there never appeared to be a midway lull like a lot of films. It felt like 100mph the whole film.

Tremendous.

Absolutely do not miss Pompoko or Grave of the Fireflies in the next batch, or Porco Rosso in this. Most of them are just smashing.

15 hours ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Let's not hold back here. Season 2 of Altered Carbon is gash.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm astonished that it got a second series.  I made it through an episode and a half of the first series and that was plenty.

F1: Drive to Survive S2 appears to be every bit as engrossing as S1.  I've watched the first 3 episodes.  I want a spin of series following Guenther Steiner swearing like f**k at absolutely everyone.

Just me that's hoping it gets a 3rd series then? 😂

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

11 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I actually really liked S1 so I get the clamour for the second season.

Just doesn't work for me.

Sunderland Til I Die Season 2 confirmed as being released on April 1st. April Fool's Day.

Featuring the nonsensical January sale of their top goalscorer, the farcical £3m signing of Will Grigg, Jack Ross clutching draws from the jaws of victory and 2 soul-crushing defeats at Wembley, 

Princess Mononoke is the Studio Ghibli masterpiece but they're all great.

Haven’t seen that one for so long. Keep confusing it for Kiki’s Delivery Service which I didn’t care terribly much for.

Tales from Earthsea is the only one I actually didn’t like, and that’s largely because I didn’t understand it.

30 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Haven’t seen that one for so long. Keep confusing it for Kiki’s Delivery Service which I didn’t care terribly much for.

Tales from Earthsea is the only one I actually didn’t like, and that’s largely because I didn’t understand it.

Tales is supposed to be one of the worst. IIRC its based on a book, or series of books, and tries to cram way to much in, to the point where it just becomes confusing

Tremendous.

Absolutely do not miss Pompoko or Grave of the Fireflies in the next batch, or Porco Rosso in this. Most of them are just smashing.
I watched every one of them two years ago.
Best decision ever.
The worst ones you would still rate a 6/10 being the lowest. Just exceptional.
Was watching the top 100 IMDB that initially got me into them

Watched the stranger.  

It was good in the sense that I was interested throughout but the ending was pretty shit.

Will file it under ‘meh’.

The Stranger ..... very good

Just finished ‘Stranger’. As posted above, I guess they did almost manage to pull together the multiple threads of the story, but can’t help feeling a little disappointed with the ending, and certainly a bit far fetched!?

Pretty much echo the thoughts previously stated regarding stranger. A bit much going on for my liking albeit still didn't feel like I'd wasted my time watching it. The wee fat dude reminded me a bit of James Cordon. Can see him having a decent career.

3 episodes of The Stranger in. Everyone is so unlikeable, especially the kids.

I finally finished The Stranger yesterday - overall, it's decent but not great. Agree with others on this thread that it tails off as it goes on; almost like they had too much going on and couldn't manage to bring it all together into a satisfactory ending. 

Aye, a bit meh for me.

There are some very good performances but it's way too complicated. You lose track really quickly and it's clearly trying to do too much. Too clever for its own good.

The dramatic music goes all the way up to 11 for the entirity of the series.

It's alright if you like plot twists and a whodunnit but definitely not must watch.

As someone mentioned, there are a lot of annoying characters. Every c**t is rich as f**k as well, proper middle England territory.

On 03/03/2020 at 12:50, KnightswoodBear said:

I don't think it was as good as S1 but still ver enjoyable. Gunter Stiener is amazing, tells it how it is... with plenty swear words chucked in.

I never realised the drivers were all at the track when crash that killed Hubert. How they managed to get in the cars the following day and race the same track but faster. That takes some balls.

I don't think it was as good as S1 but still ver enjoyable. Gunter Stiener is amazing, tells it how it is... with plenty swear words chucked in.
I never realised the drivers were all at the track when crash that killed Hubert. How they managed to get in the cars the following day and race the same track but faster. That takes some balls.
That's just what the top drivers do and accept it as part of the job. Get that helmet on and race like hell.

The Hockenheim episode was great viewing. Particularly when they cut to Lewis Hamilton and he's going on about how he works harder than everyone else, doesn't give up and he's a born winner, then two minutes later, after binning it twice, he's asking to retire the car :lol: