Netflix

Biscuits

Cuckoo - been on my list for ages and got round to starting it the other night. First season is fantastic. Ive havent even got through episode one of season two and Im thinking of binning it already [emoji20] 
The Twilight guy grows into the role and some of the later seasons are excellent so I'd recommend sticking with it. Latest one had the potential to be horrendous but was also very good. Steve Chance comes into his own as the absolute highlight alongside the ver dependable Greg Davis playing Greg Davis.

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:
18 hours ago, Mr X said:
Cuckoo - been on my list for ages and got round to starting it the other night. First season is fantastic. Ive havent even got through episode one of season two and Im thinking of binning it already emoji20.png 

The Twilight guy grows into the role and some of the later seasons are excellent so I'd recommend sticking with it. Latest one had the potential to be horrendous but was also very good. Steve Chance comes into his own as the absolute highlight alongside the ver dependable Greg Davis playing Greg Davis.

Cheers. I might stick with it, I do like Greg Davies

I've got a ton of stuff to watch now, three different new series of programs started on NETFLIX  in Feb and another one is coming at the end of Feb, plus Picard on Amazon too, brilliant viewing ahead.

Plus i'm always meaning to get back to Money Heist after only having watched it up to ep 9 in the first season.

On 13/02/2020 at 11:32, smpar said:

The better half watched the first episode of The Stranger on her own but I’ve watched the next few episodes, been really enjoying it. There’s a lot of twists and turns but hopefully it has a good finale, it has great potential at the moment anyway.

I thought it was very good, was very similar to Safe and you could tell it was the same people behind it.

Ive just started series 4 of Power and finding it a bit of a slog to get through and losing interest a bit and don't really fancy watching it right the way to the end at this point in time.

Watched a bit of The Stranger but not for me. Thought it was like any other run of the mill BBC-type dramas with chronic acting and full of insufferable middle class tossers. Mrs liked it though.

That’s a fair assessment, although I’d say they were upper class tossers based on the size of houses and the cars they drove.

I absolutely loved Safe and have binged it a couple of times since. I mentioned entertaining trash earlier in this thread and that definitely falls under that. I'm actually in a mind to watch it again later thanks to this.

The Stranger kinda lacked something. There was all of the twists and the quick plot pace but I didn't care enough about any of it. So it all just kinda washed over me. It's a fun show I guess, but I definitely won't be in a rush to go back and watch it.

41 minutes ago, throbber said:

That’s a fair assessment, although I’d say they were upper class tossers based on the size of houses and the cars they drove.

When you don’t notice nearly 400 quit going out your bank I’d say definitely upper class.

I finally finished The Stranger yesterday - overall, it's decent but not great. Agree with others on this thread that it tails off as it goes on; almost like they had too much going on and couldn't manage to bring it all together into a satisfactory ending. 

I finally finished The Stranger yesterday - overall, it's decent but not great. Agree with others on this thread that it tails off as it goes on; almost like they had too much going on and couldn't manage to bring it all together into a satisfactory ending. 
Mrs Boo liked it. On her tablet in bed thankfully.

Finished season 2 of Sex Education.  Excellent series. Delighted they are making more.

Was looking at the Wiki page for the show and it turns out that the actor who plays Eric (Ncuti Gatwa) actually went to Dunfermline High School and would be just a few years below me.  Good interview with him here: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jan/05/ncuti-gatwa-i-will-say-yes-to-anything-sex-education

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Finished season 2 of Sex Education.  Excellent series. Delighted they are making more.

Was looking at the Wiki page for the show and it turns out that the actor who plays Eric (Ncuti Gatwa) actually went to Dunfermline High School and would be just a few years below me.  Good interview with him here: https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2020/jan/05/ncuti-gatwa-i-will-say-yes-to-anything-sex-education

Absolutely agree. I do find it strange that, given the subject matter and, according to my 16 year old, pretty accurate depiction of teenage sexuality in all its forms, that it is rated 18. I reckon it could help a few youngsters come to tems with their own situation, and it's a shame that some parents (like Mrs WRK initially) might feel it was "inappropriate" for the demographic it is most relevant to.

On 08/02/2020 at 01:16, jimmy boo said:
On 07/02/2020 at 16:35, Mr X said:
I loved Narcos but havent even got round to watching the Mexican one. Should I bother?

100% you should! Had no idea second one was upon us.

Yes! I’ve just started the first episode. 
Hopefully we will see plenty of Isabella and her surplus tit