Netflix

Biscuits

On 23/12/2019 at 12:40, Armand 2 said:

Was just about to head out yesterday morning when my missus came home with the recommendation of watching Don't f**k With Cats. 3 hours later, we hadn't moved.

Not sure what it says about me that I found the actual murder video marginally less disturbing than the cats. I do love cats, I suppose - sometimes more than humans.

It reminded me throughout of the Versace murderer. Disturbing that those characters are out there.

For those that have watched it...

Reveal hidden contents

Why didn't the home sleuths mention the second pair of hands in the snake video? Was there even a second pair? It did look like it in the video where the mother was talking...

Spoiler

Probably his old dears hands...

Story itself was bizarre. The "home sleuths" came across as arseholes to me for most of it but no doubt they done a lot of decent detective work. Only thing is, they would never have identified the boy if not for that "anonymous tip" that gave his name. Can't help but feel the bold Luka dobbed himself in to try and garner more attention as he moved on with his mentalist plot.

Enjoyed the first episode of The Witcher. Never read the books but played the excellent 3rd entry in the games. Was a bit unsure if they would nail the vibes of the games but Henry Cavill has nailed the gruff, cynical and reserved Geralt from the games (apparently he's different in the books?). The trailers and early previews going with the  "what if the real monsters are the people he meets along the ways" message felt a bit unsubtle but it sets the vibe and highlights that the writers understood what made the game's writing so enjoyable as well. Also it was cool to see in the first episode how he got one of his nicknames.

Edited by NotThePars

On 22/12/2019 at 20:34, Scary Bear said:

I’ve been watching that Vietnam documentary series by Ken Burns. Slow start but develops into an interesting watch with interviews from ex-marines and ex-North Vietnamese Army and Viet Cong. 

Have seen a little bit of that, think there's about 9hrs+ of it to get through though!

There's a Ken Burns World War 2 one on there too that you might like.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

10 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Have seen a little bit of that, think there's about 9hrs+ of it to get through though!

There's a Ken Burns World War 2 one on there too that you might like.

The USA leave South Vietnam to it in Episode 10. I think there are still a couple of episodes to go and each one is approx 1hr 20mins. It really is very good, though. Just takes a bit of time to get through.

Enjoyed the first episode of The Witcher. Never read the books but played the excellent 3rd entry in the games. Was a bit unsure if they would nail the vibes of the games but Henry Cavill has nailed the gruff, cynical and reserved Geralt from the games (apparently he's different in the books?). The trailers and early previews going with the  "what if the real monsters are the people he meets along the ways" message felt a bit unsubtle but it sets the vibe and highlights that the writers understood what made the game's writing so enjoyable as well. Also it was cool to see in the first episode how he got one of his nicknames.

I binged it all last night, it’s fucking brilliant. Only downside is we have to wait till 2021 for the next season. :(

I binged it all last night, it’s fucking brilliant. Only downside is we have to wait till 2021 for the next season. default_sad.png
I've got started on the books in the meantime. Got the first one for a euro on kindle. Would be braw to go back play the first two games too, but that'll never happen.

32 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, SweeperDee said:

I binged it all last night, it’s fucking brilliant. Only downside is we have to wait till 2021 for the next season. default_sad.png

I've got started on the books in the meantime. Got the first one for a euro on kindle. Would be braw to go back play the first two games too, but that'll never happen.

I read the collection whilst playing through my 4th run of the Witcher 3. Never actually played the 1st and 2nd but from what I've heard I'm probably not missing too much if I've read the books. 

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
7 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:
I read the collection whilst playing through my 4th run of the Witcher 3. Never actually played the 1st and 2nd but from what I've heard I'm probably not missing too much if I've read the books. 

4th run, I wish I had the time to do as much!

I was but a 2nd year undergrad. 😛 

Aye I binged it in a day, absolutely fantastic. I almost wish Netflix didn't release everything in one, the anticipation of each episode would be a great build up, although I think that in turn helps weaker episodes. 

I'd love to get started on the books but I then in turn don't enjoy the TV series as much, with Game of Thrones I only really got the suspense in the last few seasons, every surprise before that I'd already known etc. A tough one. 

Toss a coin to your witcher is an absolute fucking tune. 

Hammered through Don't f**k With Cats last night. Great TV, but some observations 

The internet sleuths reminded me a lot of Waffenthinmint. Maybe tracking a cat killer from a video is a more worthwhile enterprise than working out whether virginton attended an exam but the level of obsession in finding out what type of traffic lights they have in different provinces of Canada was bizarre and the suicide of the man in Namibia summarises how dangerous that behaviour can be. Also, Namibia is not difficult to pronounce but when you struggle with foliage and fusilier I can see why you might have trouble. 

The internet sleuths would have gotten absolutely nowhere unless an anonymous person (who I presume to be Luka Magnotta) messaged them telling them they are looking for Luka Magnotta. All they basically got on their own was that he was in North America on account of his cigarettes and his vacuum then they reached a dead-end. If it was Luka who messaged them there is some weight to the argument that they helped encourage his further crimes although if it was one of Luka's family members (who apparently knew about the cat videos) you could say they did do something. 

Luka Magnotta's mother is the most gullible person in the world, even accounting for a mother's love. Totally batshit. 

They really ripped off the ending of The Usual Suspects with the Catherine Tremell/Basic Instinct/There is No Manny reveal but the problem was that most people would assume Manny is made up and I remembered that the killer in Basic Instinct used an icepick so I had already basically put that inspiration together when his mother mentioned her Basic Insinct keyring. 

That bit at the end where Deanna/Bodi Moovan tells me I am complicit in Luka's crimes is fucking bizarre. Yes, by watching a documentary to kill 3 hours between Christmas and Hogmanay 7 years after the crime occurred I am totally complicit in those crimes and definitely the same as a woman dedicating years of her life to watching videos posted by an insane narcissist and then searching the city of Toronto on street view to work out where a set of anonymous concrete steps were.

You could have argued the police could have listened to the warnings however (post murder) they would have caught Luka without any online sleuths given he left his ID in one of the garbage bags right outside his own home (where the murder occurred), was seen on CCTV wandering about with the victim right before he disappeared and he disposed of evidence on CCTV

It's not really clear where the video footage of Deanna's workplace came from.

Edited by The OP

34 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

Was thinking of giving bad blood a watch?? Not sure tho as I haven’t heard much about it.

It's decent enough. There's a fair part of OTT about it but I suggest you keep at it just for the lassie who appears in S2. 

Spoiler

tumblr_pgiit9TYSL1qdm7rno1_500.gif.253458b68dc3016034ace2e9bded6013.gif

I see the complete boxset of Men Behaving Badly has been added to netflix. 
It's been on Netflix for months. That's the only bad thing with Netflix is that they don't have their whole library on the scroll. They seem to choose what they push rather than give us an option to see the entire catalogue.

Based on the spoilers on here and the fact I can't get over the pronunciation of Etobicoke, I'll give Don't f**k with Cats a miss, hopefully someone makes a Bruce McArthur documentary for Netflix instead.

I'm rewatching and re-recommending Hardy Bucks again