Netflix

Biscuits

Never played the games or read the books but the Witcher looks like it could be good. Only watched first episode mind and will have to go back and watch it again because it looks like there's multiple time lines going on. Confused as f**k tbh, my fault for not paying attention properly.

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Never played the games or read the books but the Witcher looks like it could be good. Only watched first episode mind and will have to go back and watch it again because it looks like there's multiple time lines going on. Confused as f**k tbh, my fault for not paying attention properly.

It is also how the short story anthologies were done.  Simple way to put it, except episode 8, all of Geralt's stories are in the "past".  Same with Yennefer.  Only Ciri's story is the "present" 

It is also how the short story anthologies were done.  Simple way to put it, except episode 8, all of Geralt's stories are in the "past".  Same with Yennefer.  Only Ciri's story is the "present" 
I assume ep.8 is when Geralt & Ciri meet then. They don't exactly make that clear. Know how far in the past it roughly is, like would Geralt be significantly older when they meet up.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:
25 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

I assume ep.8 is when Geralt & Ciri meet then. They don't exactly make that clear. Know how far in the past it roughly is, like would Geralt be significantly older when they meet up.

All the stories have different ages for Geralt's but they all take place in12-13 year period. 

Only downer about the series is no Mother Nenneke who was the high priestess of the Temple where Geralt healed after freeing Princess Adda from the Striga curse.  

I remember the Luka Magnotta thing as it was ongoing and the massive hunt to find him.

Similarly, there was another hunt around the same time of two other guys (teenagers) who were battering (not killing) their own pet cats on YouTube and they managed to track them down....turns out they too were a pair of fucking sociopaths but from a small city in Hicksville, USA whose mammy and pappy more or less had everyone in the city in their back pocket, so the two wee bellends got away scott-free with torturing their own pet and broadcasting it.

On 21/12/2019 at 02:53, UpInTheAyr said:

Only a few episodes in. I'm glad I had read about this going into it. You really have to be paying attention with only references to Calanthe making you aware.

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 19:38, MSU said:

I thought it was a pretty good manhunt type documentary. The home sleuths were great. There are a couple of points that weren’t really addressed that bother me, but otherwise  I thought the reveal in the third episode was done well. 

watched it yesterday and agree.  Found it very harrowing and certainly killed my pre-xmas joy.  I subsequently had some quite disturbing dreams last night.   I did find the whole thing mental. And I agree the reveal was really well done.  

The Irishman was fantastic.

As has been said, only that dreadful fight scene takes points off. It shows that even the world's best actor will slow down with age. (What the f**k was he doing with his hand?!) Ridiculous that Scorsese allowed that scene in the film as it was.

De Niro is fantastic, Pesci is the absolute star of the film and deserving of Oscar success and Pacino has a role that even if he is overacting, he's still underplaying what the man was actually like (It says a lot that the other man to play Hoffa was the wild Jack Nicholson).

It's about as flawless a story and film as there is. Yeah, it's run time means it's not for everyone - but most people watch 100+ hour long series of stuff these days so it's not exactly unmanageable - It'd have been nice if there was a clear point for those type of people that can't sit through that in one go to have a break though.

It will hopefully go down as a classic - I think the end is much more poignant because that's the way the audience views the best actors of the past 50+ years - Past it and time is closing them out.

Whilst typing - The only other thing about the de-aging process that annoyed me was De Niro's eyes. Looked like a grey haze across them. I assume this was an aesthetic choice rather than a necessity as the other actors didn't seem to have the 'blind' look that De Niro had a certain points throughout the film.

Was just about to head out yesterday morning when my missus came home with the recommendation of watching Don't f**k With Cats. 3 hours later, we hadn't moved.

Not sure what it says about me that I found the actual murder video marginally less disturbing than the cats. I do love cats, I suppose - sometimes more than humans.

It reminded me throughout of the Versace murderer. Disturbing that those characters are out there.

For those that have watched it...

Spoiler

Why didn't the home sleuths mention the second pair of hands in the snake video? Was there even a second pair? It did look like it in the video where the mother was talking...

Was just about to head out yesterday morning when my missus came home with the recommendation of watching Don't f**k With Cats. 3 hours later, we hadn't moved.

Not sure what it says about me that I found the actual murder video marginally less disturbing than the cats. I do love cats, I suppose - sometimes more than humans.

It reminded me throughout of the Versace murderer. Disturbing that those characters are out there.

For those that have watched it...

Spoiler

Why didn't the home sleuths mention the second pair of hands in the snake video? Was there even a second pair? It did look like it in the video where the mother was talking...

Did the same thing this morning, had intended going to Glasgow back of 9, that's me just on the train now after watching all 3 episodes.

I too was more disturbed by the cat killings but I too am a cat person.

As for your spoiler, I didn't even notice that!

Almost finished Gregory, a pretty mental documentary on the abduction and murder of a young boy in France, it seems like a bad movie script but it's interesting nevertheless.  

Haven't started Don't f**k with Cats but I saw a clip of one of the "sleuths" completely butchering the pronunciation of Etobicoke and was sickened already! 

5 hours ago, Torpar said:

Haven't started Don't f**k with Cats but I saw a clip of one of the "sleuths" completely butchering the pronunciation of Etobicoke and was sickened already! 

The way he pronounces Fusilier made me wish he become a victim. 

If you're confused by what's going on in The Witcher, episode 4 makes things a little clearer.
Really would be beneficial to read up on this a bit though  before watching.
Just finished 4. Still confused, although it seems to be turning into a standard rag tag bunch of misfits affair.

And surely it's up to the series to explain itself, not our responsibility?

I am enjoying it though.

Just finished 4. Still confused, although it seems to be turning into a standard rag tag bunch of misfits affair.

And surely it's up to the series to explain itself, not our responsibility?

I am enjoying it though.

It is but I've a feeling we're not going to get it. Will definitely be needing a second viewing at some point

Finished the Witcher. I hadn't read the books or played the games, so as with all Fantasy stories it takes a minute to get your bearings. Thought it was excellent. Only 8 episodes so it's an easy binge. I suppose it's one of the annoyingly good things about adaptations in that there's obviously quite a bit still to tell. Looking forward to more seasons.