Netflix

Biscuits

This was my feeling with some of the witnesses...they just wanted it to be him so they could seek some justice which was understandable of course. His demeanor and play acting at times didn't lend itself to his cause though. Like I said i've still no idea if he was guilty as charged but quite likely guilty of some part.
Don't think he was Ivan, the Israeli people and court had him as guilty before he was in the country. The way the Israeli people conducted themselves was ridiculous, attacking defence lawyers ect.

Don't think he was Ivan, the Israeli people and court had him as guilty before he was in the country. The way the Israeli people conducted themselves was ridiculous, attacking defence lawyers ect.

It’s going to be very hard for such a trial to be held without things getting heated and passions running high.

Haven’t watched it fully yet but is it ever explained why the trial was held in Israel ? Seems something The Hague should have been taking on with Germany, Poland, Ukraine and u.s. all making more sense.

It’s going to be very hard for such a trial to be held without things getting heated and passions running high.

Haven’t watched it fully yet but is it ever explained why the trial was held in Israel ? Seems something The Hague should have been taking on with Germany, Poland, Ukraine and u.s. all making more sense.
Not that I recall.

Not that I recall.
Wasn't it because he was identified through the testimony of survivors who were in Israel and therefore Israel applied to the usa to revoke his citizenship.

Wasn't it because he was identified through the testimony of survivors who were in Israel and therefore Israel applied to the usa to revoke his citizenship.

No. The Soviets “leaked” the fake ID card over to the Americans who then revoked his citizenship, during the Cold War mind.

Then, as far as I remember, Israel jumped all over it and got him extradited.

The Devil Next Door - a few of you have pointed out the issues here. The female judge, for instance, seemed to care less that it was him, and more that they got someone to hang these crimes on. I felt very sorry for the victims, but at the same time I couldn't help but feel that some of them were seeing what they wanted to see. And the crowd in the courtroom - jeezo. 

The key bit for me was when he was being extradited to Israel. The Israeli newsreader showed his plane coming in and announcing that the Nazi war criminal had landed. The guy was guilty on arrival.

The devil next door I enjoyed.

Difficult to judge it, the guy seemed like a sneaky fucker throughout tbh, I can’t believe how calm he seemed at times given what he was being accused of.

Saying that, other than the eye witness statements there really was little in the way of evidence against him. It was all far too emotionally charged on all sides to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

Anyone watched Godless?

Its like watching an extended episode of Red Dead Redemption.

I am only 4 episodes in but quite enjoying it.
Yeah, binged it and really enjoyed it.

Yeah it's OK. I can only assume it's been cancelled as there's been no word about it for ages. The lady baddie in it is good.
It was a mini-series. I much prefer these type of Netflix releases as opposed to a Series being dragged on for years.

I remember after walking dead episode 1 thinking "yeah, ok, fine", and immediately forgetting it existed but apparently people out there are still watching after 137 episodes and asking for more. I dont get it

I remember after walking dead episode 1 thinking "yeah, ok, fine", and immediately forgetting it existed but apparently people out there are still watching after 137 episodes and asking for more. I dont get it
I don't actually think the majority of viewers are asking for more but have just invested so much time in it so far that they keep on watching.

No sane person is asking for more.