Netflix

Biscuits

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 18:53, J_Stewart said:

Atypical is back on for its third season, only a few episodes in, but as expected, it’s absolutely wonderful.

Finished it last night, incredibly good series. 

The Mum really fucks me off, but I suppose that's the character. 

The actor who plays Sam is superb, really pulls on the heart strings. 

The Lincoln Lawyer. 

It's a few years  old (2011) and I stumbled upon it by chance. 

Starts of slow, gets up to speed, then develops into a kind of Film Noir (without the black and white cinematography, dramatic music or rain-drenched Los Angeles backdrop).

Matthew McConaughey as a lawyer defending an un-defendable case. Film Noir levels of twists, but the ending makes sense. 

The Devil Next Door.
Ukrainian migrant gets deported from USA to Israel and put on trial as being Ivan the Terrible who committed atrocities while a guard at a Nazi death camp in Poland. Process took about 17 years and I've no idea if it was him still.

The Devil Next Door.
Ukrainian migrant gets deported from USA to Israel and put on trial as being Ivan the Terrible who committed atrocities while a guard at a Nazi death camp in Poland. Process took about 17 years and I've no idea if it was him still.
It's got to be him. He certainly was a good actor. For the guys to be on the stand and just blatant lie ? No way , its him

The Devil Next Door.

Watched the first one. It’s the first thing on Netflix for some time that’s really grabbed my attention.

It's got to be him. He certainly was a good actor. For the guys to be on the stand and just blatant lie ? No way , its him

I’m the opposite. Didn’t think it was him at all. There was no evidence to suggest it was him.

The defence lawyer was bang on when he said nobody was going to go into that court and say “wait a minute, you’ve got the wrong man” when the whole country was wanting him dead.

They weren’t interested in getting the right man they just wanted someone to pin the blame on to feel like they got some sort of justice.

5 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I’m the opposite. Didn’t think it was him at all. There was no evidence to suggest it was him.

The defence lawyer was bang on when he said nobody was going to go into that court and say “wait a minute, you’ve got the wrong man” when the whole country was wanting him dead.

They weren’t interested in getting the right man they just wanted someone to pin the blame on to feel like they got some sort of justice.

This was my feeling with some of the witnesses...they just wanted it to be him so they could seek some justice which was understandable of course. His demeanor and play acting at times didn't lend itself to his cause though. Like I said i've still no idea if he was guilty as charged but quite likely guilty of some part.

Are there no shows where it ends really well anymore!?!
Probably over the piece it's more often a shit ending. I put it down to Producers/Networks milking a show dry and sacrificing quality for quantity.

I'd much prefer more Chernobyl like mini-series's than The Walking Dead like dragged out over years type series.

Probably over the piece it's more often a shit ending. I put it down to Producers/Networks milking a show dry and sacrificing quality for quantity.

I'd much prefer more Chernobyl like mini-series's than The Walking Dead like dragged out over years type series.
Walking Dead needs scrapped asap, yet I keep eating it up whenever a new season is available.

Chernobyl had limited lifespan but was probably better for it.