Netflix

Biscuits

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I can only vouch for Nord, which does.  

Cool. Does seem that Netflix are still trying pretty hard to crack down on VPN use. I've always found Nord to be pretty expensive, even when they do deals.

I havent tried it but this VPN was recommended for Netflix

https://www.vpncity.com/

This?

Netflix and the studios both understand this, and the studios charge more for Netflix to offer the streaming of specific titles in some countries compared to others. Because the content deals are country-specific, Netflix may choose to pay the studio-demanded price to stream a title in one country, while negotiations in other regions fall flat.

5 hours ago, Mr X said:
12 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Don’t need a PM for it. A good quality VPN is legal and for a low price (circa £3 per month) you can work around geo-restricted content blockers.

Nord VPN is a fine choice, but others are available.

Do normal vpns still work with Netflix? I thought they tightened up on that

I think they have tightened up but Nord usually works.

Amazon Prime is the one that is most difficult to get around at the moment.

I pay the equivalent of £8/month for Netflix (all the screens, etc) in Indonesia and they have massively upped their content over the past year. It also means when I come back to Scotland in the summer I log on with my Indo details and get full access to the UK Netflix. For some reason on my Apple TV, with my Indonesian subscription, they don't have access to TV series just movies, although the new movies only cost about £6 to buy and £1.50 to rent.

The Dark Crystal is absolutely excellent, highly recommend it - had a wee look on IMDB out of curiosity as I recognised some of the voices but couldn't place them all, some pretty big names in there (Simon Pegg, Helena Bonham Carter, Mark Strong, Sigourney Weaver and a few others, quite a strong ex-GoT presence too which sort of makes sense in a way)

hmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmm?

On 12/09/2019 at 13:40, Savage Henry said:

Don’t need a PM for it. A good quality VPN is legal and for a low price (circa £3 per month) you can work around geo-restricted content blockers.

Nord VPN is a fine choice, but others are available.

Do you find Nord works with BBC geo blocking? A bit hit or miss with me.

Do you find Nord works with BBC geo blocking? A bit hit or miss with me.

It’s cats chasing dogs. Nord open new servers, and people use them until the Beeb cotton on and block them. Eventually there won’t be any more servers.

I do find that’s it’s much better for sporting events like Wimbledon.

19 minutes ago, Warren Mears said:

Was delighted when I seen they were putting that on soon. I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Has anyone else watched Unbelievable or even some of it? Probably next on my "to do" list TV wise.

Just finished Unbelievable and I'd recommend it. It's well directed, the pace is quite slow but this suits the content of the show. It's challenging at times especially Marie's, played by Kaitlyn Dever, storyline and the other storyline which eventually merges with Marie's follows two detectives played by Toni Collette and Merritt Wever as they meticulously try to find the serial rapist.

Jupiter's Cock!

Scrolling for something to have on while I work from home, and found all the Spartacus series. What a show this is. Aside from all the plus points (violence, gore, crazy storylines, nudity) you get John Hannah as a Scottish Roman, and (my ultimate fantasy woman) Lucy Lawless in the scud.

That, and the language used in it is so stilted and odd, it is weirdly compelling.

Jupiter's Cock!
Scrolling for something to have on while I work from home, and found all the Spartacus series. What a show this is. Aside from all the plus points (violence, gore, crazy storylines, nudity) you get John Hannah as a Scottish Roman, and (my ultimate fantasy woman) Lucy Lawless in the scud.
That, and the language used in it is so stilted and odd, it is weirdly compelling.

[emoji23]

18 hours ago, Warren Mears said:

Was delighted when I seen they were putting that on soon. I've been looking forward to it for a while.

Has anyone else watched Unbelievable or even some of it? Probably next on my "to do" list TV wise.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night. The first one in particular is a tough watch - what is expected of a victim from the police seems ridiculous after such a trauma. The two cops work well with each other and I reckon I will blitz through it in the next couple of days.

Jupiter's Cock!
Spartacus is one of my favoirite series ever. The patter in it is blindingly good!