Netflix

Biscuits

On 06/07/2019 at 20:35, MixuFixit said:

Not feeling the buzz with stranger things this time. Will give it another couple, but it's a slow start

Was thinking the same, although it's starting to pick up a bit(I'm halfway through episode 3). I know a few people who have said it does get a lot better as it goes on(they felt it was slow early on as well). 

I watched the entire second season in one day, so I wonder if took a bit of time to get going then as well, and I never noticed as much :lol:

Not watched it yet but I see the last 5 episodes are among the highest rated ones of the entire series so I'd imagine it's worth sticking with. Watched episode 1 and it's eased us back in I'd say.

Finished series 2 of Dark - gripping throughout, wasn't disappointed.

There are so many layers and links between characters that if a lesser show did it, I think you would just call it stupid, but Dark does everything so well you just let it slide.

They're already filming season 3 so hopefully won't have too long to wait. It will be the final series, which I think is probably a good thing rather than dragging it on and on.

Was thinking the same, although it's starting to pick up a bit(I'm halfway through episode 3). I know a few people who have said it does get a lot better as it goes on(they felt it was slow early on as well). 
I watched the entire second season in one day, so I wonder if took a bit of time to get going then as well, and I never noticed as much :lol:

I’m way behind on this. I’m on episode two of season two. I prefer this series , I reckon, because it has more Twin Peaks references (Billy is basically Leo Johnson), following the Red Dawn references, following the Lost Boys references.

22 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m way behind on this. I’m on episode two of season two. I prefer this series , I reckon, because it has more Twin Peaks references (Billy is basically Leo Johnson), following the Red Dawn references, following the Lost Boys references.

Never seen Twin Peaks. Worth a watch? A few folk I know said it's weird, that's the only feedback I've had :lol:

Never seen Twin Peaks. Worth a watch? A few folk I know said it's weird, that's the only feedback I've had :lol:

It’s the greatest television series ever made, along with Boys from the Black Stuff and the Wire. Only goes completely bonkers around the end of the second series. And even then, it’s not just nuts for the sake of being nuts. Otherwise, there’s always something worth persevering for.

On 14/07/2019 at 20:05, Savage Henry said:

It’s the greatest television series ever made, along with Boys from the Black Stuff and the Wire. Only goes completely bonkers around the end of the second series. And even then, it’s not just nuts for the sake of being nuts. Otherwise, there’s always something worth persevering for.

I couldn’t get into it. Or The Wire for that matter. 

On 14/07/2019 at 20:05, Savage Henry said:

I wonder if it would have worked without the soundtrack, set up the whole atmosphere so you were prepared for weirdness. Loved it too though.

I wonder if it would have worked without the soundtrack, set up the whole atmosphere so you were prepared for weirdness. Loved it too though.

David Lynch is as much a musician as he is a director. The music was, to me, part of the plot.