Netflix

Biscuits

When They See Us

This was a hard watch. I can't recall the last time I was completely fizzing for almost a whole episode of tv. Shows how corrupt the American judicial system was (still is!). Rather than examine the evidence and look for who it matches, they picked these boys and tried to work what little evidence they had around them.

Hard to discuss it without spoilers but I liked the wee touch right at the end. Interesting that as the boys aged so did the actors except Jharrel Jerome. I thought he was absolutely outstanding and will give the actors of Chernobyl a serious run for their money in the awards.

When They See Us

This was a hard watch. I can't recall the last time I was completely fizzing for almost a whole episode of tv. Shows how corrupt the American judicial system was (still is!). Rather than examine the evidence and look for who it matches, they picked these boys and tried to work what little evidence they had around them.

Hard to discuss it without spoilers but I liked the wee touch right at the end. Interesting that as the boys aged so did the actors except Jharrel Jerome. I thought he was absolutely outstanding and will give the actors of Chernobyl a serious run for their money in the awards.
Also really really enjoyed it and a bit like yourself hard to watch as it was outrageous how it all played out.

Started watching the OJ Simpson thing and very very enjoyable, bit of a farce that he actually got away with it.

Not watched When They See Us. I saw the Central park Five documentary a couple of years ago and the seeth is still within me. Best not stir it up.

And Trump was in it. When they were exonerated by DNA evidence it was put to him that they were innocent. He basically said that they were guilty of something, so it was OK.

Not watched When They See Us. I saw the Central park Five documentary a couple of years ago and the seeth is still within me. Best not stir it up.
And Trump was in it. When they were exonerated by DNA evidence it was put to him that they were innocent. He basically said that they were guilty of something, so it was OK.
Yip he features in When They See Us as well. Forgot to add that in. Even then he was a bigoted fuckwit.

Watched The Society. Basically, a large group of school kids go on a school trip and when they return everybody else has disappeared (and there's no way to leave the town). Was hoping for the series to focus on them trying to find out where everyone has gone, but it very quickly turns into a modern Lord Of The Flies. Disappointing. 

Spoiler

Also, the ending makes me think this 1 season story will be dragged out over at least 5 seasons. The ending felt like something out of Lost

On 26/06/2019 at 01:25, alang1993 said:

Watched The Society. Basically, a large group of school kids go on a school trip and when they return everybody else has disappeared (and there's no way to leave the town). Was hoping for the series to focus on them trying to find out where everyone has gone, but it very quickly turns into a modern Lord Of The Flies. Disappointing. 

Hide contents

Also, the ending makes me think this 1 season story will be dragged out over at least 5 seasons. The ending felt like something out of Lost

I actually thought The Society was pretty decent. To be fair, they do try and work out where everyone has gone but their focus had to be on keeping order and surviving. Hope there's a second season.

Should say that I never read Lord of the Flies and never watched Lost, so the concept is slightly newer and more original to me than it may be to some.

19 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

I actually thought The Society was pretty decent. To be fair, they do try and work out where everyone has gone but their focus had to be on keeping order and surviving. Hope there's a second season.

Should say that I never read Lord of the Flies and never watched Lost, so the concept is slightly newer and more original to me than it may be to some.

To be fair, I thought it was decent. It's just that I've watched a lot of things where it turns into there being different groups of people and how they interact, and bits just felt very similar to a lot of the other shows. The acting from some of the people was good, others not so much. There weren't too many characters I actually liked though tbh. 

I'll probably watch a second season if there is one, but I wouldn't be too bothered if there's not

Edited by alang1993

Started Season 2 of the German show Dark. 

Took me a bit of time to remember all the characters and all the more confusing as it jumps back and forward in time. Should really have watched the last couple of episodes from Season 1 but I've now found this recap which should get me back up to speed

https://www.bustle.com/p/the-dark-season-1-recap-you-need-before-the-ultra-confusing-netflix-show-returns-18015644

I'm about a million years behind everyone as I only really browse Netflix when I'm working late but I'm watching Abducted in Plain Sight.

These people are a bit trusting IMO.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

These people are a bit trusting IMO.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Literally as I typed that the dad just wanked off the kidnapper.

:lol:

Probably my two favourite consecutive posts I've ever read on any site. 

Yeah Abducted in Plain Sight is fucking wild.  I had to keep reminding myself that it was a real event and not a work of fiction.