I've been watching Line of Duty from scratch since I've never seen it before.

Through the first 2 series, and can't stop watching. Not wanting to post on or read the thread here in case I spoil it for myself!

5 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I've been watching Line of Duty from scratch since I've never seen it before.

Through the first 2 series, and can't stop watching. Not wanting to post on or read the thread here in case I spoil it for myself!

Exactly the same although I’ve just finished the third series in about a weeks time. Had been told off numerous people to watch it but never did as I didn’t think it would be up to much but it’s excellent TV. Love the scenes where they are all over someone in the interview room, and Hastings wee one liners as well. 

Watched quite an interesting - and frightening - documentary about the November 13 attacks on Paris. It’s not a fun watch, but it’s affecting. There’s a moment where you can see Patrice Evra hear a bomb while he’s on the ball, and go “what the hell was that?”.

Undercover : Dutch cop goes undercover to get into an ecstacy kingpins circle. 

I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it, it's a decent laugh. 

Also;

5cd175f70b19e_MV5BM2M0ODA3ZjMtYjBlMS00ZWI5LTg3ODktOThjNmU1NDNmMmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_SY1000_CR0014361000_AL_.thumb.jpg.36adf461d537f048b3d394e011359b05.jpg

:wub:

Exactly the same although I’ve just finished the third series in about a weeks time. Had been told off numerous people to watch it but never did as I didn’t think it would be up to much but it’s excellent TV. Love the scenes where they are all over someone in the interview room, and Hastings wee one liners as well. 
End of season 3 is one of the best things I've seen on TV and the pinnacle of the entire series but it's definitely worth watching to the end, enjoy!

There's a sketch show called I Think You Should Leave now which is frustratingly crap for some of it and then so funny I can't breathe for other bits.

Fred Willard's funeral organist was incredible.

Undercover : Dutch cop goes undercover to get into an ecstacy kingpins circle. 
I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it, it's a decent laugh. 
Also;
5cd175f70b19e_MV5BM2M0ODA3ZjMtYjBlMS00ZWI5LTg3ODktOThjNmU1NDNmMmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_SY1000_CR0014361000_AL_.thumb.jpg.36adf461d537f048b3d394e011359b05.jpg
:wub:

This is really good.

Halfway through series 2 of The Good Place, having only started series 1 on Sunday. The first series was excellent, the second loses it's way a little, plot wise, but is still very enjoyable.

Started watching Dead to Me, four episodes in and really enjoying it with plenty of twists and turns.  Good cast with Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini and James Marsden who was Teddy in Westworld.

Good news. Loved the first one.
This. Think I'll rewatch the first season and get Mrs X to watch to :)

This. Think I'll rewatch the first season and get Mrs X to watch to
Sounds like a plan as it's been a while.

I'm not sure whether this has been mention, but I'm watching a documentary called "The Dawn Wall" about two American rock-climbers attempting an ascent on El Capitan which was previously considered impossible. 

Cannot recommend it highly enough.

On 09/05/2019 at 18:04, JustOneCornetto said:

Started watching Dead to Me, four episodes in and really enjoying it with plenty of twists and turns.  Good cast with Christina Applegate, Linda Cardellini and James Marsden who was Teddy in Westworld.

Aye it's well good.  Marsden is Jack Lame from Anchorman 2 as well.  

Just finished The Lion's Share, about the family of the man who wrote The Lion Sleeps Tonight, and their search for unpaid royalties.  It's a fascinating documentary that doesn't end the way you'd expect at all.

On 4/25/2019 at 16:52, MixuFixit said:

Ken Burns' The Civil War is on Netflix, it is as all his stuff is, exceptional.

I've been watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam which is incredible.  I'm really into history and the Vietnam war is one I knew a little about but certainly not enough.  The Civil War is similar so will go to that next.

On a negative note I watched a 2-parter on Netflix called Money Heist.  Its a Spanish film/show and its then badly dubbed into English.  Very noticeable and as a result of the language change a lot of the scenes are missing some kind of depth.  One of the worst things I've ever seen, I can't really turn something off after I've started it as I see it as giving up.  Watched the first episode which was about 50 mins, hating it from about 20 mins in.  Then the second part is only about 35 mins - got maybe 20 mins through it before deciding I didn't care what happened at the end and being forced to turn it off.

On a related note a guy from work has told me a way to access the entire Netflix catalogue - everything thats ever been on it.  PM for more details.

40 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I've been watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam which is incredible.  I'm really into history and the Vietnam war is one I knew a little about but certainly not enough.  The Civil War is similar so will go to that next.

On a negative note I watched a 2-parter on Netflix called Money Heist.  Its a Spanish film/show and its then badly dubbed into English.  Very noticeable and as a result of the language change a lot of the scenes are missing some kind of depth.  One of the worst things I've ever seen, I can't really turn something off after I've started it as I see it as giving up.  Watched the first episode which was about 50 mins, hating it from about 20 mins in.  Then the second part is only about 35 mins - got maybe 20 mins through it before deciding I didn't care what happened at the end and being forced to turn it off.

On a related note a guy from work has told me a way to access the entire Netflix catalogue - everything thats ever been on it.  PM for more details.

Also from the Ken Burns stable is the excellent The War. This mini series covers the American involvement in the '39-'45 conflict from a 'small town America' perspective which works really well.