Netflix

Biscuits

Stranger Things - just rattled through the 2 seasons and loved it, real old school 80's sci-fi horror and nice touch with Paul Reiser playing pretty much the same role he played in Aliens. Great soundtrack and fantastic theme/background music, very Tangerine Dream like. Glad there's going to be a 3rd season.

Good shout on The Invitation. A brilliant movie.

The Ritual works better as a movie about friendship and thought it got a bit hokey when the horror properly kicked off. Still a good wee movie though.

Veronica just had good marketing.

Just finished Brooklyn 99 last night, now I feel lost.
Can anyone suggest something to fill a Brooklyn 99/Office US shaped hole?

It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I also liked the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, very dated but when you got used to it it was great.

2 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

Stranger Things - just rattled through the 2 seasons and loved it, real old school 80's sci-fi horror and nice touch with Paul Reiser playing pretty much the same role he played in Aliens. Great soundtrack and fantastic theme/background music, very Tangerine Dream like. Glad there's going to be a 3rd season.

Theres also a great documentary on the Titanic

34 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Big Bang Theory is the third of my US sitcom watches, along with those two.

Parks and recreation. Made by the same people as the Office US.

Its on amazon prime not Netflix tho!

Flint town is a decent documentary series followingbthe police in an absolute shit hole in the states where there is huge poverty and crime as well as dodgy politicians and the locals can' even drink the tap water.

I see stand up James Acaster has some specials on Netflix. Ricky Gervais on Twitter saying he's a bit special and generally other sources saying he's the next big thing. Whenever I've seen him on Mock The Week, Cats Do Countdown etc he's been extremely MEH for me. Anyone watched these yet? Worth a viewing?

17 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

If you have the nefarious means, I'd say you can find the first half of the fifth season of 99, or Parks and Rec. Otherwise "The Good Place" is still on Netflix and criminally underrated by the mainstream.

5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Finished 'Santa Clarita Diet' Series 2 in a day, really enjoyed it. Very easy to watch, and a few laugh out loud bits. 

One I had forgot to mention was 'Scream', that was surprisingly good.

Quite enjoyed Santa Clarita. Absolutely daft, but seems to have went all in it's ludicrousy and it was far better than it's first season for it.

I'm sure I read they are signed up for 4.

13 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
19 hours ago, JustOneCornetto said:

I'm sure I read they are signed up for 4.

Good stuff although I think given the kids ages that would be about as far as they could go without losing the feel of the set up.

39 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Quite enjoyed Santa Clarita. Absolutely daft, but seems to have went all in it's ludicrousy and it was far better than it's first season for it.

Yeah, I believe the first series went down pretty poorly in the States, but thought this series was a lot better. Good ending as well to set up Series 3. 

Lovesick is a decent comedy.  Guy catches an STI and the series show him going round to meet his ex's and it basically shows why they didn't work out. It's a fantastic programme with some brilliant acting.  Best character is Luke by far.

Programme was originally called Scrotal Recall :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Three episodes in to Wild Wild Country, a documentary series about a sleepy Oregon town with a population of 40 that out of the blue ends up with thousands of members of a Rajneeshi cult setting up home on a ranch on their back door. Fascinating stuff so far and incredibly well made.

Edited by MSU

Three episodes in to Wild Wild Country, a documentary series about a sleepy Oregon town with a population of 40 that out of the blue ends up with thousands of members of a Rajneeshi cult setting up home on a ranch on their back door. Fascinating stuff so far and incredibly well made.

Yeah I'm enjoying it. I've just started episode 3 and before the end of episode 2 I was wondering why the locals were so annoyed with the group given they hadn't done anything wrong. I expect it's going to get darker soon enough.

I'm at the start of ep. 3 as I said and I can't help but think how hypocritical the red necks are (were) just now. They're complaining about the group having firearms and that they were intimidating and there was no way they were armed for defence. Yeah that could be said for every single American ya fucking nutcases!!

Yeah I'm enjoying it. I've just started episode 3 and before the end of episode 2 I was wondering why the locals were so annoyed with the group given they hadn't done anything wrong. I expect it's going to get darker soon enough.

I'm at the start of ep. 3 as I said and I can't help but think how hypocritical the red necks are (were) just now. They're complaining about the group having firearms and that they were intimidating and there was no way they were armed for defence. Yeah that could be said for every single American ya fucking nutcases!!
Yep. Nobody comes out of this looking good. Cult leaders, cult splinter group, locals and the authorities all seem to be twats