Netflix

Biscuits

Just finished "On My Block" which is well worth a watch. 

In a rough inner-city Los Angeles neighborhood, four smart, funny and streetwise teens find their lifelong friendship tested as they begin high school.

One of the four has a brother who is in a gang, which he is sucked into, and the whole series revolves round his pals trying to get him out of it. 

An absolute cliff hanger of an ending, so hoping there is a second series. 

Has anyone warned the horror film Veronica on it? I read that it was a properly disturbing film and up there with the creepiest ones of all time.

Thanks for starting this thread btw, good idea!

I can't think of anything disturbing about it tbh. Nothing offensive.

Edited to add - It turns out there are 2 Veronica films on Netflix. Both from 2017 and both with subtitles so I may have watched the other one. I watched the one about the young lassie in Madrid. I'm going to watch the one about the psychologist later.

On 28/03/2018 at 18:03, G_Man1985 said:

Black lightning. Meh

I find it one of the weirdest TV programmes - the costumes, fights, mask and voice distortion are laughably bad. It attempts to have some more lofty ideals and commentary on race, policing, etc.. which are either a bit worthy or laughably bad again. The acting is on the whole prime ham. But having said all that I quite enjoy it.

I can't think of anything disturbing about it tbh. Nothing offensive.

Edited to add - It turns out there are 2 Veronica films on Netflix. Both from 2017 and both with subtitles so I may have watched the other one. I watched the one about the young lassie in Madrid. I'm going to watch the one about the psychologist later.

It’s the one in Madrid that’s meant to be very scary.

Annabelle: Creation was a very creepy and unsettling film if you are in the mood for being scared!

It’s the one in Madrid that’s meant to be very scary.

Annabelle: Creation was a very creepy and unsettling film if you are in the mood for being scared!
Annabelle: Creation was pish, nothing unsettling about it, rather a typical horror film by numbers

It crept me out a lot anyway. Can you recommend a creepier one on Netflix ?
The Ritual isn't too bad, Netflix original too.

If you want something unsettling, Prisoners and Enemy are on Netflix and are worth a watch

The Ritual isn't too bad, Netflix original too.

If you want something unsettling, Prisoners and Enemy are on Netflix and are worth a watch

The ritual sounds creepy, I’ll try give it a watch later!

I'll also be watching Annilhilation tonight, looks kinda good, and directed by Alex Garland who directed the very good Ex Machina

Have you seen the film triangle? It’s a right headfuck!