Netflix

Biscuits

Just finished Woodstock. Had no knowledge of this beforehand so was going in blind. Fucking hell. Absolute c***s everywhere. The two bell ends who organised take the crown but those in the crowds were complete fuckwits as well. For all the organisation was a complete shambles I don't think it justified arson and rape ffs.

I loved how that Scher weapon or whatever he's called, blamed Limp Bizkit for the riot. You book rock bands you're going to get wild crowd. If you have enough security it doesn't get out of hand though. Arsehole.

I did pish myself laughing at the bit where the lassie was telling us that the portaloos had basically burst to make big mud puddles full of shit and piss and the very next scene cut to a couple of roasters covered in head to toe in said shit giving it the "Woooo, get in the mud!!! Woooo!" [emoji38]

Should do one of these documentaries about TITP, instead of a bunch of frat boys going around torching stuff and sexually assaulting women it would just be neds running around full of eccies and Buckfast stabbing each other while Calvin Harris plays in the background 

38 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Should do one of these documentaries about TITP, instead of a bunch of frat boys going around torching stuff and sexually assaulting women it would just be neds running around full of eccies and Buckfast stabbing each other while Calvin Harris plays in the background 

Don't forget the lads who just drove off with the ATM

On 10/08/2022 at 22:51, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Enjoyed the first episode of The Sandman.  Having never read the comic I'm not sure if it's a faithful adaptation of it, but with Gaiman involved I assume it must be? 

It is and it isn't, but either way I've been enjoying it!

On 14/08/2022 at 11:02, 19QOS19 said:

Just finished Woodstock. Had no knowledge of this beforehand so was going in blind. Fucking hell. Absolute c***s everywhere. The two bell ends who organised take the crown but those in the crowds were complete fuckwits as well. For all the organisation was a complete shambles I don't think it justified arson and rape ffs.

I loved how that Scher weapon or whatever he's called, blamed Limp Bizkit for the riot. You book rock bands you're going to get wild crowd. If you have enough security it doesn't get out of hand though. Arsehole.

I did pish myself laughing at the bit where the lassie was telling us that the portaloos had basically burst to make big mud puddles full of shit and piss and the very next scene cut to a couple of roasters covered in head to toe in said shit giving it the "Woooo, get in the mud!!! Woooo!" emoji38.png

that was funny but the security guard that sold his yellow tshirt for $400 because he had a spare one in his bag was my favorite moment.

On 14/08/2022 at 11:02, 19QOS19 said:

I did pish myself laughing at the bit where the lassie was telling us that the portaloos had basically burst to make big mud puddles full of shit and piss and the very next scene cut to a couple of roasters covered in head to toe in said shit giving it the "Woooo, get in the mud!!! Woooo!" emoji38.png

Almost everyone comes across badly in that.  At one point the MTV woman talks about how she thought that things were going to turn into a tragedy, so she went to the rave tent. 

• 1 month later...
I've started watching a thing called Godless on Netflix.  It's a western with Jeff Daniels.  I must have missed it originally as it was released in 2017, but it's absolutely fantastic.
I was just looking for some western to watch, will give this a go.
Cracking Limited Series. As most LS are on Netflix tbh.

Yeah, have just finished Dahmer.

Evan Peters was so good he almost made JD seem likeable, a tremendous performance.

However, as seems to be the norm for Netflix these days, a 10 part drama could easily have been 6 or less. Having said that, recounting the story of Tony, where JD made a connection and stabilised his work and domestic life, was worthy of its own episode.

Did anyone else spot Molly Ringwald straight away? It was at least the 2nd or 3rd episode in which she appeared that I recognised her. In reality Richard Jenkins must be about 25 years older than her.

The series is not without its faults but is much better than the recent Jeremy Renner effort.

On 23/09/2022 at 00:50, Arch Stanton said:

Evan Peters was so good he almost made JD seem likeable, a tremendous performance.

However, as seems to be the norm for Netflix these days, a 10 part drama could easily have been 6 or less. Having said that, recounting the story of Tony, where JD made a connection and stabilised his work and domestic life, was worthy of its own episode.

Did anyone else spot Molly Ringwald straight away? It was at least the 2nd or 3rd episode in which she appeared that I recognised her. In reality Richard Jenkins must be about 25 years older than her.

The series is not without its faults but is much better than the recent Jeremy Renner effort.

Watching it at the moment, on to ep 7, and is well worth it. I also have to say Evan Peters performance is mesmerising.

On 23/09/2022 at 00:50, Arch Stanton said:

However, as seems to be the norm for Netflix these days, a 10 part drama could easily have been 6 or less

Netflix really kill the flow of a series with these superfluous episodes, parts 7, 8 and 9 were effectively unnecessary.