Netflix

Biscuits

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Not watched it yet,  but I thought it was more set on looking at the theorists and the wacky behavior that goes with that.  Surely the series isn’t taking these guys seriously?

Some of the other participants do say that they have doubts about them, but Colbert and co form the majority of the doc.

3rd season of the Umbrella academy felt phoned in. A fucking tease after the cracking footloose scene at the start. f**k me did Allison's character annoy me.
I really enjoyed season 3 but as you said Allison was a complete w**k.

On 15/07/2022 at 10:43, the jambo-rocker said:

3rd season of the Umbrella academy felt phoned in. A fucking tease after the cracking footloose scene at the start. f**k me did Allison's character annoy me.

That footloose scene is absolutely magnificent. I honestly don't care about the conflict between the two factions and probably wont watch the rest, but that scene was a joy.

Enjoyed it all in, but big downgrade on the last two for me. Didn't massively buy into the plot, and there were a lot of bits that seemed to just be forgotten about.

Allison was awful, although not as bad as some of the cgi. The bit of Sparrow Number 1 doing his back flip on the roof was so bad, I almost thought it was a parody of some sort.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the Woodstock 99 stuff (three parts).

Entertaining stuff, but the event looked horrendous. Greed was the big winner. The organisers still refused to take blame for things and were still writing off incidents as isolated. 

The folk at the event went mental. Seemed like a lot of appalling people there, the douchy frat boy type, and the number of sexual assualts and rapes was horrifying to hear about.

Also watching Woodstock 99, how were these two c***s that put this together not jailed for a long time, they still devolve themselves of any blame. Genuinely rage inducing watching a mixture of the horrendous organisation and the thick as f**k genuinely horrible people in the crowd.

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

Also watching Woodstock 99, how were these two c***s that put this together not jailed for a long time, they still devolve themselves of any blame. Genuinely rage inducing watching a mixture of the horrendous organisation and the thick as f**k genuinely horrible people in the crowd.

The baking heat on an asphalt airfield with no shade, price gouging everywhere, water taken off people entering the festival, a river of human waste from the portapotties, and Limp Bizkit, it's a miracle more people didn't die. The organizer who said, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here, apart from the women who were raped, everyone else had a good time, kinda tells you everything you need to know.

1 hour ago, MSU said:

The baking heat on an asphalt airfield with no shade, price gouging everywhere, water taken off people entering the festival, a river of human waste from the portapotties, and Limp Bizkit, it's a miracle more people didn't die. The organizer who said, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here, apart from the women who were raped, everyone else had a good time, kinda tells you everything you need to know.

Korn looked absolutely class though.

A bit like a couple of years ago around Fyter Fest where there were two docs made around the same time. It was only a year ago that HBO released their Woodstock 99 doc.

Going into the Netflix doc I knew roughly what to expect because of that. They're both pretty good and include interviews with different people that there are some different stories that get told.

I don't think anyone would be surprised to find out that Lang and Scher were happily interviewed for the Netflix doc. Those two can't help themselves and did try to organise Woodstock 50 for 2019. Which fell apart less than a month before it was to happen. With this little bit of notoriety they've received since then from the docs be prepared for Woodstock 55/60.

Also watched the Woodstock 99 doc on Netflix, what could possibly go wrong, 400,000 people, half of that at least fucked, high frat boy Broski types from the US?? Don't give them water, charge them a fortune for food and don't have enough security! Some of the parts where the guys were surrounding girls and practically stripping the crowd surfers was a tough watch! 

The promoters genuinely beleive they did nothing wrong! 

Rave tent looked good tho 😂

Obviously until someone drive a Van through it! 

On 06/08/2022 at 08:31, DA Baracus said:

I watched the Woodstock 99 stuff (three parts).

Entertaining stuff, but the event looked horrendous. Greed was the big winner. The organisers still refused to take blame for things and were still writing off incidents as isolated. 

The folk at the event went mental. Seemed like a lot of appalling people there, the douchy frat boy type, and the number of sexual assualts and rapes was horrifying to hear about.

I actually shouted out loud and called Scher an c**t when he tried to shrug off the rapes because "they would happen in a city of 250000 as well"

Fucking slimy c**t.

1 minute ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

I actually shouted out loud and called Scher an c**t when he tried to shrug off the rapes because "they would happen in a city of 250000 as well"

Fucking slimy c**t.

Aye, that was horrendous. What an awful c**t of a man.

On 09/08/2022 at 14:49, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Fucking slimy c**t.

That was the bit that had me shouting "f**k off" at the telly.

On 09/08/2022 at 14:49, KnightswoodVanBear said:

Fucking slimy c**t.

On the HBO documentary he said that the amount of naked/topless women at the festival that weekend was asking for trouble, and a direct correlation with the sexual assaults that happened over the weekend, absolute creep. 

Go to any beach in the height of summer and you will see hundreds of women topless etc, you don't see them being groped and worse consistently and being implied they were encouraging, inadvertently or otherwise men to act like utter letches.