Netflix

Biscuits

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Thanks for the tip. Started watching this and really enjoying it so far. 

There’s a UK remake on the way. Not sure it really needs one bit can understand that the fact it’s in French means many folk won’t even give it a try. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/08/2021 at 16:12, steelmen said:

watched Malice at the Palace, the Pacers taking on the Pistons crowd.

Just over an hour to cover it all, not your usual 3 episode Netflix over kill.

Really enjoyed it, real shame that Reggie Miller never got his championship win, that team could/should have done it.

Just watched it there.

How that fat c**t who got on the court and squared up to Artest thinks he was somehow wronged is unbelievable. It's a shame O'Neal slipped as he hit him.

Two new docs on Netflix..

They could easily have churned them into some drawn-out four-parters but instead it’s two fairly brief features.

One on serial killer Dennis Nilsen and one on stoner art legend Bob Ross.

Bob was banging his business partner,  who looked like his great granny. She and her husband came across as truly terrible people. 

If it wasn’t for the mass murdering you’d come away from the Nilsen doc thinking “what a polite, charming, well-spoken young Scotsman”. The least likeable character is a journalist who says Nilsen just made up stories about his grandfather molesting him and about spending time with his corpse as a child.

Obviously nothing excuses someone from chopping folk up but the childhood revelations do at least give a bit of a glimpse into where the anger and deviancy came from. It felt like that guy was being very disrespectful to survivors of childhood abuse and was a bit of a mis-step in the edit. 

Having already seen the Yorkshire Ripper stuff recently it was no great surprise to learn those who survived his attacks were shooed away by the police. 

Two new docs on Netflix..
They could easily have churned them into some drawn-out four-parters but instead it’s two fairly brief features.
One on serial killer Dennis Nilsen and one on stoner art legend Bob Ross.
Bob was banging his business partner,  who looked like his great granny. She and her husband came across as truly terrible people. 

If it wasn’t for the mass murdering you’d come away from the Nilsen doc thinking “what a polite, charming, well-spoken young Scotsman”. The least likeable character is a journalist who says Nilsen just made up stories about his grandfather molesting him and about spending time with his corpse as a child.
Obviously nothing excuses someone from chopping folk up but the childhood revelations do at least give a bit of a glimpse into where the anger and deviancy came from. It felt like that guy was being very disrespectful to survivors of childhood abuse and was a bit of a mis-step in the edit. 

Having already seen the Yorkshire Ripper stuff recently it was no great surprise to learn those who survived his attacks were shooed away by the police. 
Saw both of these over the last few days. Having just watched Des, it's scary how accurately David Tennant got Nilsen's voice and speech patterns.

Bob Ross came out of the doc unscathed, questionable choice in granny banging aside he seemed like a genuinely decent guy. His son should stick a happy little tree up the Kowalski's arses though, they came across as awful, awful people.

Binged Quicksand over the last two days. Swedish drama focused around a school shooting. Only 6 episodes, so it unfolds quickly, but thoroughly enjoyed it and it’s both an uncomfortable and emotional watch. 

Anyone seen Outer Banks? I watched the first couple of episodes last night off the back of watching the trailer and I’m liking it so far, seems like an interesting story, but it’s giving off major vibes of being another one of these Netflix series’ that starts with a solid opening few episodes before turning to nonsense. I see they are still releasing new epidodes which is good but was just wondering if anyone is further in and could recommend keeping with it. 

I just finished Always Sunny a few nights ago, which was my go to series to fall asleep to, and I’m going to go back and watch it through again soon but need something to fill the gap. 

Finished People Just Do Nothing over the weekend. Originally a BBC show but the full series is on Netflix (and film is currently in cinemas). 

An enjoyable mockumentary following Kurupt FM and their highly inflated egos and sense of their own success as they operate a pirate radio station in Brentford. The actors themselves have said the show is inspired by The Office and I think this shines through with some real David Brent levels of delusion from the characters.

just finished the first season of Into The Night.

People on a plane trying to keep in front of the sun as it's killing people.

Pretty decent watch, each episode gives a bit of everyone's back story.  Season 2 is released next week.

Its going to be tough when i need to go back to the office. i have a great home set up streaming programs on one screen while working on the other.

just finished the first season of Into The Night.
People on a plane trying to keep in front of the sun as it's killing people.
Pretty decent watch, each episode gives a bit of everyone's back story.  Season 2 is released next week.
Its going to be tough when i need to go back to the office. i have a great home set up streaming programs on one screen while working on the other.
Not long finished watching this. There are obviously some pretty big plotholes but the whole thing fairly zips along at a good pace and is well worth a watch, shortish episodes too.

Looking forward to where they go with season 2.

Finished season 5 part a of Money Heist over the weekend.

I love this program, it is one of the best out there but i am not sure what to think of these 5 episodes. 

Spoiler

they seem to have a huge budget for bullets and are determined to use it.

Killing off 2 main characters (technically 3 with Arturo being bumped too) in 5 episodes seems extreme. then there is the whole giving birth part seems too much.

in saying that i still flew through it and can't wait for the final 5 episodes in December. 

45 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Finished season 5 part a of Money Heist over the weekend.

I love this program, it is one of the best out there but i am not sure what to think of these 5 episodes. 

Reveal hidden contents

they seem to have a huge budget for bullets and are determined to use it.

Killing off 2 main characters (technically 3 with Arturo being bumped too) in 5 episodes seems extreme. then there is the whole giving birth part seems too much.

in saying that i still flew through it and can't wait for the final 5 episodes in December. 

Spoiler

Its still good tv but there were some points of genuine silliness that annoyed me. Arturo turning into fucking Rambo being the first. Tamayo telling everyone who will listen that he is going fit folk up, murder people in cold blood etc was ridiculous, especially when the governor was in attendance. 

Always epxected Tokyo to die tbh. 

If you only watch one 9/11 memorial programme this September, make it Turning Point : 9/11 and the War on Terror. 6 one hour episodes that go through the actual events and the resulting war in Afghanistan.  It culminates in the departure from Kabul.   Gives a voice to all sides, including the Taliban and Al Qaeda guys trying to justify 9/11, and the neocons, and the more reasoned of the conspiracy theorist cooks.  

It’s a brilliant, and massive,  piece of work. 

Edited by Savage Henry

On 07/09/2021 at 17:27, Savage Henry said:

If you only watch one 9/11 memorial programme this September, make it Turning Point : 9/11 and the War on Terror. 6 one hour episodes that go through the actual events and the resulting war in Afghanistan.  It culminates in the departure from Kabul.   Gives a voice to all sides, including the Taliban and Al Qaeda guys trying to justify 9/11, and the neocons, and the more reasoned of the conspiracy theorist cooks.  

Watched this the other week. Really comprehensive analysis from all sides. Excellent 

Watched the first 3 so far and not learned much I didn't already know. Will stick with it though.

Started watching the F1 documentary the other day, blitzed through the first season and a couple of the second.

Utterly love it. Love all this background shenanigans that goes on and I haven't followed F1 since Jean Alessi and Gerhard Berger were scooting round.

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Started watching the F1 documentary the other day, blitzed through the first season and a couple of the second.

Utterly love it. Love all this background shenanigans that goes on and I haven't followed F1 since Jean Alessi and Gerhard Berger were scooting round.

Is this Drive to Survive?