Netflix

Biscuits

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

The Sons of Sam: descent into darkness. Starts off riveting, goes on way too long, and ends up in stupidity.  Disappointingly rubbish. 

That's how it looked from the trailer. Started off seeming interesting and by the end looked like it could be sensationalist pish. Shame as it's an interesting subject.

A Week Away. - My daughter came home from school saying she had to watch it. So we did and she loved it the whole 3 times she has watched it.

to be fair i didn't mind it. A musical about a bad kid gets sent to a religious camp for the week to turn his life around. The music was catchy if you ignore the religious undertones (or don't if that is your thing) Its just a feel good Disney film, not made by disney.

On 06/05/2021 at 21:09, Savage Henry said:

The Sons of Sam: descent into darkness. Starts off riveting, goes on way too long, and ends up in stupidity.  Disappointingly rubbish. 

I stuck with this until mid way through the last episode before giving up. What could have been an excellent documentary actually turned to drivel by the end of the second part. 

1 hour ago, sfha said:

I stuck with this until mid way through the last episode before giving up. What could have been an excellent documentary actually turned to drivel by the end of the second part. 

Exactly. Like that documentary about the woman who was found in the the hotel water tank, there was a good story which was reduced to nonsense. 

On 09/05/2021 at 15:38, sfha said:

Same here, I feel like not finishing it when I'm on the nonsense part.

12 hours ago, candalan said:

Netflix should tell you when a film is not in english before you start it, as I am nae good at following subtitles!

I always look at the actors names as a guide. 

On 09/05/2021 at 08:38, sfha said:

If you’ve not seen it, Spike Lee’s Summer of Sam is terrific. 

Just binged watched the whole 5 episodes of Halston. Ewan McGregor is outstanding and pleased to hear that the final song was Grangemouth's finest  The Cocteau Twins - Pearly Drewdrop Drop. 

Started watching some Roman Empire docu/drama type of show, never read or looked into the history much but after watching one episode of series 3 I'm hooked. 

Anyone seen it before? I wanna know if I should go back to season 1 or just watch it after this one, I don't think it's chronological? 

Edit - Steaming on through season 3, I'm quite bemused (@Genuine Hibs Fan) at the idea they keep finding heirs to the throne and this is extremely important but then also keep on killing their heirs for "wanting the throne". 

Edited by Stormzy

Finished Making A Murderer. Have no idea why there was a second season, they could've done the whole thing in an episode. 

Good series over all, I've seen people say the second series is so slow paced to kinda show you how frustrating and slow paced the appeals system can be. It did certainly drill home how futile it seems for justice to prevail against the US judiciary system. 

Army of the Dead

Really enjoyed this. When the trailer shows you that some of the zombies could work together I expected it to be a complete cheese-fest but it was nothing like that tbh. If you're willing to accept people coming back from the dead then you can't say it's a ridiculous suggestion that they could be some way co-ordinated I suppose.

It was a decent enough story and some of the action scenes were impressive with plenty of gore. It was a bit short on comedy for me but I suppose if they did too much comedy it would steer towards the cheesy side of things that I wasn't hoping for so I can't really complain.

Overall it was a relatively 'quick' 2 and a bit hours and was decent viewing.

7/10

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Army of the Dead

Really enjoyed this. When the trailer shows you that some of the zombies could work together I expected it to be a complete cheese-fest but it was nothing like that tbh. If you're willing to accept people coming back from the dead then you can't say it's a ridiculous suggestion that they could be some way co-ordinated I suppose.

It was a decent enough story and some of the action scenes were impressive with plenty of gore. It was a bit short on comedy for me but I suppose if they did too much comedy it would steer towards the cheesy side of things that I wasn't hoping for so I can't really complain.

Overall it was a relatively 'quick' 2 and a bit hours and was decent viewing.

7/10

I'm looking forward to watching this. Love big Dave and have swung back around on thinking Zack Snyder is a dumb but fun director. The guy seems like a total dafty but comes across as a good guy.

On 07/05/2019 at 13:11, Mr. Alli said:

Undercover : Dutch cop goes undercover to get into an ecstacy kingpins circle. 

I'm 5 episodes in and really enjoying it, it's a decent laugh. 

Also;

5cd175f70b19e_MV5BM2M0ODA3ZjMtYjBlMS00ZWI5LTg3ODktOThjNmU1NDNmMmNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQwMDg0Ng@@._V1_SY1000_CR0014361000_AL_.thumb.jpg.36adf461d537f048b3d394e011359b05.jpg

:wub:

I found this on Friday. Have been ill this weekend, so have watched 11 episodes and the spin-off movie. Its class and she is amazing.