Netflix

Biscuits

I'm Thinking Of Ending Things is one of the weirdest films I've ever seen, total bonkers. Some good performances though.
Does it get going? We've watched it up until they get to the house. Struggling all the way up until that point but turned it off for another day. I will go back to it as I'm hoping the normally excellent Toni Collette pulls it up.

Does it get going? We've watched it up until they get to the house. Struggling all the way up until that point but turned it off for another day. I will go back to it as I'm hoping the normally excellent Toni Collette pulls it up.
Not really. It's a certain point after they leave the house that they lost me and you can't take it seriously after that. It just lost it's mind completely at this part..You'll know what I mean if you finish it.

5 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Started it yesterday also.

On 03/09/2020 at 17:17, G_Man1985 said:

So finally chosen something for Netflix. 

Sons of Anarchy you have been chosen 

I thought it was a really good show, the 3rd season (the irish one) is a bit slow but the rest are really really good.

On 31/08/2020 at 10:58, steelmen said:

I am 5/6 episodes in and enjoying it. Its great bringing the story back to let you see what had happened to Jonny and Danny since the films ended

BUT

I am wondering how they have made more than 1 series of it.. guess i will find out

Kobra Kai finished, and i am delighted they made a season 2, plenty more nostalgia but an interesting storyline through it too.

the last episode was something special, intrigued to see season 3 now, gutted it won't be until next year.

Aye it's bizarre. I had a theory about what was going on, but I was totally wrong (I think)
I thought I had an idea until I listened to a review of it which made me realise it's even more depressing, even by Kaufman's standards.

Started watching the sci-fi series Away about a mission to Mars with a multi-national crew of 5 led by Hilary Swank. Three episodes in and it's playing out more like a soap opera with very little space stuff and it's all too convenient that they can just phone anyone on Earth at anytime with no hitches whatsoever. Will probably continue but hoping for more space action.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

What's the consensus on Queen of the South? No spoilers please, just started it lastnight and there was some pleasing grittiness on show, but also a fair amount of cheesy pish. Need something with a few seasons to get onto. Is it worth a go?

Eh think it's class. You will enjoy it 

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Can we all agree that Hawk is a wee fanny who needs a good hiding?

I liked him in season 1, even forgave his kick on Robbie.   Became a right wee dick in season 2, I do wonder if he’ll find the right balance if he does get a hiding. 

Nearly always find myself backing Johnny Lawrence.  Only real notable mistake of his was bringing kreese back into the fold but even that came from a good place.

I’ve softened a little to Daniel LaRusso but can’t get past his arrogance. 

53 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I liked him in season 1, even forgave his kick on Robbie.   Became a right wee dick in season 2, I do wonder if he’ll find the right balance if he does get a hiding. 

Nearly always find myself backing Johnny Lawrence.  Only real notable mistake of his was bringing kreese back into the fold but even that came from a good place.

I’ve softened a little to Daniel LaRusso but can’t get past his arrogance. 

Hawk's ex bird called it right. He's a wee shitebag bully.

Aye Kreese is a c**t but will be a good villain season 3. Could we see Johnny and Daniel teaming up?!

Daniel's wife has called him on his pish multiple times and did so again in the last episode. She knows the score.

What's the consensus on Queen of the South? No spoilers please, just started it lastnight and there was some pleasing grittiness on show, but also a fair amount of cheesy pish. Need something with a few seasons to get onto. Is it worth a go?
Took me a few to get right into it. Latest season the Mrs and I watched it in about 3 days and were gutted when we finished it. One of my favourite shows just now and it has that "just one more episode" about it.

Give it 4 or 5 episodes and I'm sure you'll get right into it. You will also get really fed up with "Salut".

The Defiant Ones has popped up on Netflix. It's the show that inspired the guy who made The Last Dance. The starting point is Dr Dre and Jimmy Iovine selling Beats to Apple for 3 billion dollars. It traces the career of each, meandering off into social and music history. The talking heads are surprising too. Also, if you liked Straight Outta Compton, this covers it all much better.

Took me a few to get right into it. Latest season the Mrs and I watched it in about 3 days and were gutted when we finished it. One of my favourite shows just now and it has that "just one more episode" about it.

Give it 4 or 5 episodes and I'm sure you'll get right into it. You will also get really fed up with "Salut".

This all over. A bit cheesy to begin with but stick to it and you will really get invested. Pote is the boy.