Netflix

Biscuits

Finished After Life.

Probably the saddest thing I've watched. Plenty of tears. Very moving in places and some good laughs. Very recognisable cast, the majority of whom were in Life On The Road, but don't hold that against them.

Gervais is excellent here.

Also, there's a phenomenal dog.

Just now, Tynierose said:

I loved it.  Was excellent and very poignant.

My favourite bit was of course his attack on the fat ginger c**t.

Which one? The first one or the hammer one?

Finished Snowpiercer.  Was alright.
Undercover next

Started it, snowpiercer, was quite meh about it will finish it in drubs and drabs

jumped onto FAUDA, Israeli/Palestinian terrorism plot, really enjoying it and subtitles do keeps the phone out of hand to follow the story

On 13/07/2020 at 21:50, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Watches this the other night. Decent watch , although the story's been told and retold. 

The thing I took away from this is the fall of Rudy Guiliani from top prosecutor and basically the first person to correctly use the RICO statute and the leader of the team who took down the New York Mafia leadership to an absolute embarrassing pro-Trump nutjob. 

Watched the first episode of Somebody Feed Phil. Usually really enjoy this type of show but haven't taken to this one straight away. I think the problem is Phil himself, he comes across as your typical wise cracking New Yorker crossed with your typical American tourist, the only thing missing was the USA baseball cap and a 'fanny pack'.
He doesn't come across as someone who's particularly well traveled or knowledgeable about food, I think in the first episode alone he says 'this is the best thing I've ever eaten' about 3 times.
I'll give it another episode or two and see if he grows on me any.

22 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Undercover next

Takes a while to get going, acting is hammy at times but it's an alright watch overall. 

The main character on the police side is just a thoroughly unlikeable man. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Takes a while to get going, acting is hammy at times but it's an alright watch overall. 

The main character on the police side is just a thoroughly unlikeable man. 

Aye first episode a bit meh. However will watch it all. 

Need to be thinking what to watch next 

Finished Snowpiercer.  Was alright.
Undercover next
The film was shite so ive given the series a swerve. Big fan of the director and a cracking cast but bored the shit out of me

8 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Having not bothered originally when it was on BBC1, I've started watching Life on Mars.

Really enjoying it tbh, although I'm not a fan of the supernatural aspect, but I see why it's in there.

It's tremendous, all wrapped up in two series..or is it?

On 23/07/2020 at 13:33, G_Man1985 said:

Fear city... three episodes and tbh was a good viewing.

I really enjoyed it even though I knew most of the story, was cool to view it from the FBI's perspective, the parts about installing bugs in cars etc was very interesting. 

21 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Currently watching Line of Duty after missing it on beeb, it's been excellent.   Only had Netflix since May but it has been a great acquisition.  Love Narcos.

Have you now, fella.