Netflix

Biscuits

It's certainly a can of worms. You could go through a lot of past shows with a fine toothed comb and find something offensive to someone. In Sunny in Philly they use blackface as well as saying the N word. They also say the N word in The Office. Neither are offensive in the context but I don't know how far this will go just now.

I've only watched TLOG in bits but I knew they had a blackface character.

411full.jpeg.ba288a3639020ded59ddd6f08e53ed25.jpeg
Papa Lazarou. He's the only relevant character I remember.

Not sure what's going on but I didn't post that picture above although that was the character I was referring to. 

Self reported to the mods for clarification in case I get into trouble with snowfakes.

Edited by jimmy boo

You quoted a post that contained the picture, hence the picture appeared in your quote. Are you new to the internet? 😉

I'm leaving the picture on as it seems to make more sense to leave it here so that those who have never seen the programme will know what people are on about.

You quoted a post that contained the picture, hence the picture appeared in your quote. Are you new to the internet? [emoji6]
I'm leaving the picture on as it seems to make more sense to leave it here so that those who have never seen the programme will know what people are on about.
I quoted a post? I only mentioned a characters name and a picture somehow appeared. Never happened before so someone is at it.

29 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:
You quoted a post that contained the picture, hence the picture appeared in your quote. Are you new to the internet? emoji6.png

I quoted a post? I only mentioned a characters name and a picture somehow appeared. Never happened before so someone is at it.

Do you like the playstation? Ah like the playstation.

On 13/06/2020 at 18:53, spud131 said:

Anyone watched Da 5 Bloods yet? Was thinking bout giving it a watch tonight.

Not yet - it's about 2 hrs 35 and I struggle to stay away that long for anything but planning to catch it in the coming days. 

Finished The Eddy at the weekend. Really glad I stuck with it as it gets better and better. Reminded me a bit of Gomorrah in that it's filmed beautifully, even if the locations are often pretty grim (Paris estates), and each episode will move the plot on but is almost a mini film in itself, focusing on a different character each time. 

A few of the cast were together in the film A Prophet and the young American female lead was in The Hate You Give and is the real standout. The male American lead was in Moonlight and it's directed by the director of Whiplash and there are elements from both these films in it. Quality bit of TV. 

Lenox Hill

Blasted through this over a couple of nights. It's a documentary about a hospital in the centre of NYC. It focussed mainly on the neurology side of things and I found it incredible. I had a whole lot of emotion throughout the entire series; sad, happy, angry, amazed, devastated, delighted. Just so much going on. I've always found surgeons pretty amazing tbh but neurosurgeons are a whole different kettle of fish. The characters we follow are very likeable as well and the Chairman in particular seems like such a genuinely nice guy.

I welled up a few times both from being happy and sad. I really hope they make another one of these as it was a great watch for me.

Hereditary

Horror/mystery. Weird one this. Really a slow burner but once it picks up it's a decent wee horror. Really enjoyed the Directing from (debut film) Aster and will look out for his work from now on. The ending left me a bit WTF and I had to look up what it meant. Once I did there were so many clues throughout. Won't say anymore than that.

Toni Collette is once again outstanding. I've yet to see her put in a poor performance in anything I've seen her in.