Netflix

Biscuits

On 6/29/2018 at 20:34, 19QOS19 said:

Yip I thought the first 2 episodes portrayed the locals as right wing bigots and couldn't understand their dislike for the new community. It soon changes and you realise. I imagine the way it's done is intentional and the locals knew the information we're given long before we're told about it (if that makes any sense!)

I'm undecided, having watched it all. No question that the some of the head Rajneesh folk were mentalists and seriously dangerous in terms of their attempts at poisoning the locals, but it seems to me the locals started that spat and it really got out of hand, with bombing the hotel and openly carrying guns/making threats to shoot them. I think if the free love lot had just kept themselves to themselves in the ranch they would perhaps have been there a lot longer. At the same time, I don't think the locals would have let them be, there seemed to be too many "They are different and I don't like different" types amongst them to let it all pass off peacefully.

I need to investigate further and find out if the current day Rajneesh lot still practice all that free love stuff. I am planning a 3 week holiday early next year and could be tempted into a short course with them...

26 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:
2 hours ago, alang1993 said:
I've seen the first season. It was pish, hilariously bad at some points. Surprised it is still going tbh. 

I won't continue with it then lol

:lol:

I thought it might be decent as a 1 season show, but it was just badly acted guff that appears to have been dragged out far longer than necessary (I'm assuming  it's an American show, so that's no surprise)

Edited by alang1993

Just watched a couple of episodes of Evil Genius and between this, The Staircase and Making A Murderer Netflix have managed to make me absolutely terrified of the oddballs and loonies out there. And I'm not just referring to the criminals either, it's some of the folk on the law enforcement side too. 

Edited by Tommy Nooka

Just watched a couple of episodes of Evil Genius and between this, The Staircase and Making A Murderer Netflix have managed to make me absolutely terrified of the oddballs and loonies out there. And I'm not just referring to the criminals either, it's some of the folk on the law enforcement side too. 

What this types of documentary shows is how manipulative both the prosecution and defence can be in these circumstances. Frightening.

If you haven't already, then I highly recommend you add HBO's belter, The Jinx, to your list.

I've not watched staircase yet, but The Jinx is by far my favourite.

Just started watching Episodes. Pretty enjoyable show starring Matt Le Blanc as himself and Stephen Mangan and Tasnim Greig as a couple who move to LA to write a US version of their hit UK TV show. Worth a watch.

Dark Tourist -- New Zealand filmmaker and journalist David Farrier journeys to some of the most dangerous and unusual places in the world. First episodes covers Colombia and Pablo Escabar. I believe Chernobyl is on the cards. It's fascinating stuff. Highly recommended.

I’ve been rewatching Luther recently on Netflix. The first season is tremendous television.

One of my favourite series of any show going.

Love them all.

Dark Tourist -- New Zealand filmmaker and journalist David Farrier journeys to some of the most dangerous and unusual places in the world. First episodes covers Colombia and Pablo Escabar. I believe Chernobyl is on the cards. It's fascinating stuff. Highly recommended.

Started this last night, on episode 2 as we speak. Fascinating.

ETA. Episode 2 kicks off with touring the Fukushima disaster zone. Very eerie