Netflix

Biscuits

I’m 3 episodes into 13 reasons why season 2. The show feels like it’s missing a focal point and the outstanding Katherine Langford’s front and centre presence. There’s a bit of a ‘scream’ feel- trying to guess who’s taking the Polaroid’s etc. I am enjoying it but it feels like I’m watching a different show. 

On 13/05/2018 at 19:46, Falcor Roar said:

Evil Genius is worth a watch. 4 part documentary about a weird bank robbery/murder.  

On 14/05/2018 at 04:13, MSU said:

Two episodes in. The weirdest story I think I've ever heard.

On 17/05/2018 at 18:47, JamieT1314 said:

Evil genius cant be a true story. Absolutely bonkers.

I'd never heard the story of it, and it didn't take long for me to realise that it's also the plot of 2011 movie "30 Minutes or Less", had a quick look at the wiki for the film and they've had the cheek to say they never knew about the 'pizza bombing'! Considering it's the exact same events I'll call bullshit on that one.

On 15/05/2018 at 12:26, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Watched the new show on there, Safe. It's ridiculous, and by the end, not very satisfying at all.

His English accent was bad enough, I almost switched it off 5 minutes into the first episode when he carted away celebrating a goal at that BBQ even though he hit the post. c**t. Stuck with it in the end and glad I did, not the most satisfying ending as you say but I still enjoyed it.

First time in this thread so not sure if it's been mentioned but I rattled through Altered Carbon in a few days and enjoyed that. Plan to start The Rain at some point soon, also still haven't got round to watching Stranger Things or 13 Reasons Why so I've got a busy summer ahead of me.

Edited by LiviLion

The Rain is VERY good. Altered Carbon was great fun too.

Evil Genius... fucking hell. The first couple of episodes had me wondering if it was worth my time but the third episode repeatedly had me with my jaw on the floor and the fourth was one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.

FBI Jerry was a delight the whole way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Watched the new show on there, Safe. It's ridiculous, and by the end, not very satisfying at all.

Me and the Mrs are really enjoying this, not sure how many episodes we have until the end but will get the first season done today.

Would recommend.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Me and the Mrs are really enjoying this, not sure how many episodes we have until the end but will get the first season done today.

Would recommend.

It's probably worth the ride to the last episode for all of the mental shit that goes down. Just didn't think the finale deserved what came before it.

It's probably worth the ride to the last episode for all of the mental shit that goes down. Just didn't think the finale deserved what came before it.

I’ve just finished watching it, think the ending was good tbh.

Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a short series to watch today.

Is there anything similar you can recommend for me today?

Going to start the Staircase tonight, heard absolute rave reviews online about it...
For those that like a zombie flick then I'd recommend Cargo,very good film with Martin Freeman in the lead role.
It is brilliant. Although, out of interest, what classifies something as a "Netflix original"? Because this is cited as exactly that, but I watched it over a year ago.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

It is brilliant. Although, out of interest, what classifies something as a "Netflix original"? Because this is cited as exactly that, but I watched it over a year ago.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Yeah they seem to co-produce quite a few things and class them as Netflix originals.

not sure if has been mentioned elsewhere on this thread but theres a brilliant series on Netflix called "him and her". British comedy thats only got 4 seasons containing 25 episodes in total.

the first 3 seasons are entirely set inside their flat so as you can imagine the script has to be fantastic to keep it going and it really is. a lot of the comedy is very subtle so you need to have a good sense of humour.

ill admit the first episode is the worst but once you get past that one its brilliant.

also the lassie thats in it is a wid!

Aye I love that show, it's a great wee 20 minute burner. The first time I ever put it on I thought it was fucking pish but I went back a few months later and stuck with it and ended up loving it.

Paul is probably my favourite character with Laura comfortably being the worst as she's a complete cretin. The 4th season she goes absolutely through the roof on the Bitch Scale.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments but very subtle at times as well. It'll have it's haters because there aren't many obvious laughs.

Aye I love that show, it's a great wee 20 minute burner. The first time I ever put it on I thought it was fucking pish but I went back a few months later and stuck with it and ended up loving it.

Paul is probably my favourite character with Laura comfortably being the worst as she's a complete cretin. The 4th season she goes absolutely through the roof on the Bitch Scale.

Some genuine laugh out loud moments but very subtle at times as well. It'll have it's haters because there aren't many obvious laughs.
cant disagree with that. the neighbour dan is very obviously funny but theres so many subtle jokes in the dialogue between becky and steve that many folk simply either wont get or simply wont noticed.

pauls character is very well written and i always thought hes the sort of person that everyone knows one like it. id bet we all have either a brother inlaw or friend of a friend etc thats a complete c**t but you just have to bite your tounge and tolerate.

The End Of The F**king World. 20 minute 8 parter. Some will love this. It's dark, it's dystopian and it's just fucking odd. I still don't really get what the f**k it was all about and I can't be sure if I even liked it despite watching it all in a one go. 

Music by Graham Coxon though so it's not completely awful.