Netflix

Biscuits

On 13/03/2018 at 19:27, ArabGaz said:

Currently watching Trailer Park Boys. One of mates has been banging on about it for years and a couple of weeks ago I decided to finally give it a shot. Really very amusing and at times it’s proper laugh-out-loud funny. Jim Lahey has been fantastic thus far.

Currently sat on the couch for a few weeks with a fucked back and I've been making my way through some of these recommendations. Sat and watched about 8 episodes of this yesterday and had a 5 minute laughing fit when...

Spoiler

...Julian burst in on Jim Lahey dressed as a woman and Randy in the gimp mask. Jim saying "We were practising for a play" sent me into hysterics for some reason. Actual tears. 

On 14/04/2018 at 04:04, MSU said:

Three episodes in to Wild Wild Country, a documentary series about a sleepy Oregon town with a population of 40 that out of the blue ends up with thousands of members of a Rajneeshi cult setting up home on a ranch on their back door. Fascinating stuff so far and incredibly well made.

Watched all of these from about 9pm to 5am. Tremendous watch although a bit slow in parts I thought. Couldn't figure out why Bhagwan Rajneesh looked so familiar until I eventually remembered a video of him discussing the word f**k:

https://vimeo.com/77442836

On 28/04/2018 at 16:34, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Happy! is fucking fantastic.

Yeah, thanks for that. Decided to watch it with the missus and lost interest very quickly while she's been sitting tuned in, so I can't even turn it off. 

22 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Get back to work ya lazy b*****d.

Fracture in my spine and a herniated disc I'll have you know. At least the CT scan proved to the work I'm not at it. Now if you don't mind, I'm off to watch The Handmaid's Tale. 

Fracture in my spine and a herniated disc I'll have you know. At least the CT scan proved to the work I'm not at it. Now if you don't mind, I'm off to watch The Handmaid's Tale. 

A bit of deep heat and you'll be as right as rain.

On 13/04/2018 at 21:04, MSU said:

Three episodes in to Wild Wild Country, a documentary series about a sleepy Oregon town with a population of 40 that out of the blue ends up with thousands of members of a Rajneeshi cult setting up home on a ranch on their back door. Fascinating stuff so far and incredibly well made.

They used to be known as the Orange People and bought a mansion with a private beach in North Wales, a long while ago. Knew someone who did some work for them and went to a party they had. One of the best I've been to, the main philosophy seemed to be taking lots of drugs, drinking a lot and bonking. They had some laughing therapy that seemed the most mystical thing they did. Perhaps things got weirder later on or I only saw the front they put on for strangers. Will give this a watch.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They used to be known as the Orange People and bought a mansion with a private beach in North Wales, a long while ago. Knew someone who did some work for them and went to a party they had. One of the best I've been to, the main philosophy seemed to be taking lots of drugs, drinking a lot and bonking. They had some laughing therapy that seemed the most mystical thing they did. Perhaps things got weirder later on or I only saw the front they put on for strangers. Will give this a watch.

That's very interesting. I know they had lots of similar communes set up around the world and it looks like your experience is pretty much how it came across in the show. The actual ideals behind the greater mission look fairly harmless. Where it got out of hand in Oregon was the inhabitants of the wee town REALLY took against having this on their backdoor, tried to get them moved through zonal regulations and essentially kicked a hornet's nest in the shape of Ma Anand Sheela. Honestly, there's plenty fault to share around but it was the ordinary members of the commune who I really felt sorry for.

Designated survivor.... best thing my wife and I have watched for a long time .
Designated survivor started off strong, but like 'the ship' the main plot just got too cheesy for me while the espionage sub plot was the most interesting part of the show

4/10 rolls of Edam

8 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Evil Genius is worth a watch. 4 part documentary about a weird bank robbery/murder.  

Two episodes in. The weirdest story I think I've ever heard.

Watched the first four episodes of The Rain. I’m enjoying it. Can’t stop laughing at the way she pronounces “Rasmus” though. [emoji38]

Fauda is really good, don't go for the dubbed version though, works much better in Hebrew/Arabic.

Just started this as well and am enjoying it. I'm really struggling with the dubbing though. The acting is painfully awful. Ironically the best one so far has been the young boy but he goes away quickly as the guy obviously grows up.

No idea why they didn't just use subtitles. That would have been far better.

Have to say I am loving Netflix just now. They are churning out so much interesting stuff (to me at least) that I'm genuinely struggling to get through it all.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Just started this as well and am enjoying it. I'm really struggling with the dubbing though. The acting is painfully awful. Ironically the best one so far has been the young boy but he goes away quickly as the guy obviously grows up.

Have to say I am loving Netflix just now. They are churning out so much interesting stuff (to me at least) that I'm genuinely struggling to get through it all.

Umm, you can watch it in Hebrew with English subs. That’s the point made in that second post you quoted!

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It’s a bit like the game Fortnite. Avoiding the storm or else it kills you, killing all remaining humans for resources :lol: 

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ah right. I just assumed the poster in question had the US version of Netflix as well and that was what they did! I'll have a look when I' m next on :)

It's on the audio options bit...it took me a few goes to get it right.