Netflix

Biscuits

On 5/22/2019 at 23:17, Dindeleux said:

I've been watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam which is incredible.  I'm really into history and the Vietnam war is one I knew a little about but certainly not enough.  The Civil War is similar so will go to that next.

On a negative note I watched a 2-parter on Netflix called Money Heist.  Its a Spanish film/show and its then badly dubbed into English.  Very noticeable and as a result of the language change a lot of the scenes are missing some kind of depth.  One of the worst things I've ever seen, I can't really turn something off after I've started it as I see it as giving up.  Watched the first episode which was about 50 mins, hating it from about 20 mins in.  Then the second part is only about 35 mins - got maybe 20 mins through it before deciding I didn't care what happened at the end and being forced to turn it off.

On a related note a guy from work has told me a way to access the entire Netflix catalogue - everything thats ever been on it.  PM for more details.

One of the best things I've watched in ages.  Watched  it in Spanish with English subtitles. It's up there with 'The Bridge' for quality.  Only just finished watching season 1, so we'll see if they maintain the quality for season 2.

You're really missing out if you watch the dubbed version. 

On 25/05/2019 at 21:08, quickoverayard said:
On 22/05/2019 at 23:17, Dindeleux said:
I've been watching the Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam which is incredible.  I'm really into history and the Vietnam war is one I knew a little about but certainly not enough.  The Civil War is similar so will go to that next.

On a negative note I watched a 2-parter on Netflix called Money Heist.  Its a Spanish film/show and its then badly dubbed into English.  Very noticeable and as a result of the language change a lot of the scenes are missing some kind of depth.  One of the worst things I've ever seen, I can't really turn something off after I've started it as I see it as giving up.  Watched the first episode which was about 50 mins, hating it from about 20 mins in.  Then the second part is only about 35 mins - got maybe 20 mins through it before deciding I didn't care what happened at the end and being forced to turn it off.

On a related note a guy from work has told me a way to access the entire Netflix catalogue - everything thats ever been on it.  PM for more details.

Hi mate tried to pm you but not working. Fancy giving me a message to talk me through it

Did you get added to the PM chat with the instructions?

Has anyone tried it and does it work?

On 5/29/2019 at 16:04, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

One of the best things I've watched in ages.  Watched  it in Spanish with English subtitles. It's up there with 'The Bridge' for quality.  Only just finished watching season 1, so we'll see if they maintain the quality for season 2.

You're really missing out if you watch the dubbed version. 

Just finished Season 2 and the quality was indeed maintained. Excellent stuff.  Kept the tension going right to the end. 

Only criticism is the title. I mean 'Money Heist'?   Seriously?

Makes it sound like some crappy Jason Statham or Vin Diesel rubbish.

La Casa De Papel (The Paper House) was its original title. Makes so much more sense than 'Money Heist'.

Whatever . . . thoroughly recommended. 

My favourite Ken Burns after the Civil War was the Roosevelt’s. The Lewis and Clark one is terrific too but I don’t think that one is available on Netflix. I haven’t watched the WWII one. I stuck it on for 2 minutes and it started with the attack on Pearl Harbour in 1941, which annoyed me slightly, and having watched The World at War only recently I decided against it but given reviews on here I’ll give it a fair hearing in due course.

Just finished 1994 which follows the events around Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio's assassination and who was responsible with an interesting side story of the Zapatista uprising, it unsurprisingly shows the massive levels of corruption in Mexico, a fascinating country imo.

Cause I'm a sucker for subtitled shows apparently, I'm now one and a half episodes into Killer Ratings,  the events of which seem like the premise for a bad TV drama. 

30 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

That when they see us is worth a watch. However, when it skips 12 years later they all look in their 40s when they should be late 20s.

Spending six plus years in jail for a crime you didn't commit will do that to you I'd guess!