Netflix

Biscuits

Binge watched all 8 episodes of sex education on Sunday. Definitely my favourite new show in months.

Funny, emotional and thought provoking without really trying to be and likeable characters who show great development through the season.

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I was just on to post this. The second episode, particularly, has some incredible courtroom footage.

Have you watched the BTK documentary yet? Like Bundy he seemed to be a fairly normal guy on the surface but was clearly a twisted individual harbouring some dark fantasies. Not on the documentary itself but his own courtroom testimony on YouTube where he calmly describes each crime in explicit detail as if he's describing some daily mundane task is morbidly captivating. 

I think the fact that most of us can't begin to comprehend how someone is capable of carrying out such acts is what makes it so compelling. 

Spoiler re Bundy:

Spoiler

Far from being the charismatic and likeable character that I've heard him being portayed as over the years, I found him to be a narcissistic, egotistical and arrogant control freak. It had to be all about him with not one hint of remorse for the victims. Very similar to Dennis Rader (BTK) in that regard. 

It's almost as if serial killers are not very nice people. 

Have you watched the BTK documentary yet? Like Bundy he seemed to be a fairly normal guy on the surface but was clearly a twisted individual harbouring some dark fantasies. Not on the documentary itself but his own courtroom testimony on YouTube where he calmly describes each crime in explicit detail as if he's describing some daily mundane task is morbidly captivating. 
I think the fact that most of us can't begin to comprehend how someone is capable of carrying out such acts is what makes it so compelling. 
Spoiler re Bundy:
Spoiler Far from being the charismatic and likeable character that I've heard him being portayed as over the years, I found him to be a narcissistic, egotistical and arrogant control freak. It had to be all about him with not one hint of remorse for the victims. Very similar to Dennis Rader (BTK) in that regard. 
It's almost as if serial killers are not very nice people. 

Never knew there was a documentary of him available. I saw a TV movie about him after I'd read the book.
Off to YouTube I go.
Cheers

Never knew there was a documentary of him available. I saw a TV movie about him after I'd read the book.
Off to YouTube I go.
Cheers

The serial killer documentaries YouTube maze is one of my favourites. That doesn’t probably say very good things about me, but I do find them particularly addictive. Netflix is rapidly following suit.

Anthony Bourdain- parts unknown.
Probably mentioned this already but this is class. I hadn't even heard of the guy but I quite like him.
Would like to think I've learnt a lot about different countries

You should read his books.

A Cooks Tour and Kitchen Confidential are outstanding.

Was gutted when he passed away.

21 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

You should read his books.

A Cooks Tour and Kitchen Confidential are outstanding.

Was gutted when he passed away.

One of the first I watched was the Buenos Aires episode as I’m interested in South America. Not surprised he took his own life watching that, seemed deeply troubled.