Netflix

Biscuits

Considering it's a true crime parody about a shit prankster called The Turd Burglar, I'm in awe at how well made the second series of American Vandal is. Brilliant writing* and casting. Everyone was good in it but the actors who played Kevin, Chloe and DeMarcus will go on to big things. Particularly the latter, who really stole the show.

*Even though its swing towards sincerity at the end was really well done, they did massively lean on another show's plot to do it. I won't ruin it by spelling it out but I think anyone who has seen both will know what I'm on about.

Atypical is definitely worth a watch. Programme about a young man with autism and how he and his family deal with it in day-to-day life.

Absolutely excellent. We’ve battered through both seasons the last two days and loved it. Funny, poignant and sad in all the right places. Whole cast is good, but Keir Gilchrist who plays the main character Sam is particularly brilliant. Would thoroughly recommend.

On 09/10/2018 at 11:14, the jambo-rocker said:

Blitzed through the second season of BigMouth and it was great. Watching the last episode back of season 1, I definitely enjoyed it more than I remember, but the second season was still a big improvement on that.

Would recommend.

Been watching S2 this week.  Absolutely hilarious.  

It's utterly wrong. 

You're the man, Steve! 

I'm probably going to get caned for this.  But 'Travels with my father' is very good.   It's Jack Whitehall (who I can't really abide) and his dad Michael travelling about.  Michael steals the show for me.  I'm not sure how much of him is parody, but his staunch Tory/brexit shtick works really well against the places he visits, which for the most part are very liberal.

I know it has been mentioned before but The Defiant Ones is superb. Straight Outta Compton left me disappointed as there's such an interesting story behind NWA and that film just felt like a lazy, santised version. You have this NWA story but also all this amazing 70s footage of the likes of Patti Smith, Springsteen. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I'm probably going to get caned for this.  But 'Travels with my father' is very good.   It's Jack Whitehall (who I can't really abide) and his dad Michael travelling about.  Michael steals the show for me.  I'm not sure how much of him is parody, but his staunch Tory/brexit shtick works really well against the places he visits, which for the most part are very liberal.

I enjoyed that too tbh. Not something I'll be rushing to watch through multiple times but funny enough that I'd watch another season of if it came on.