Netflix

Biscuits

• 3 weeks later...

Im signed in on my telly and phone on my mates account, knew they were cracking down on this so wasn't surprised to see my log in on the television has been wiped but, surprisingly I'm still signed in and able to watch on my phone, is this likely to still be available or will they find a way to stop that too?

That actually suits me anyway, have to admit I find Netflix a bit 'meh'.... a lot of the series they rip the arse out of them with far too many episodes, particularly the crime documentaries running to six or eight episodes which could easily be condensed into two or three.... I don't have the time or concentration/interest levels to watch up to eight hours on one subject matter, they got the episodes and length spot on with the Richard Ramirez and Peter Sutcliffe mini series and the excellent Fear City about the mafia in New York in the 70's and 80's, the latter being 3 episodes and the others being 4, were that to be the norm I may have considered subscribing but not for the current content, I tend to just occasionally watch stuff similar to the subject matters I touched on just now on my phone on lazy days in bed after a football/pub sesh/night out or occasionally on my phone for half an hour at night in bed if I'm struggling to sleep, even the standard of films available is average at best, they will need to up their game to persuade those watching previously on other people's accounts like me,  to become subscribe themselves with the current content available at the present prices, not enough to persuade me and, I suspect the vast majority of others. 

37 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Im signed in on my telly and phone on my mates account, knew they were cracking down on this so wasn't surprised to see my log in on the television has been wiped but, surprisingly I'm still signed in and able to watch on my phone, is this likely to still be available or will they find a way to stop that too?

I think with mobile devices, as long as the device connects to the home wifi of the account holder every now and again it will still work.

2 minutes ago, Soapy FFC said:

I think with mobile devices, as long as the device connects to the home wifi of the account holder every now and again it will still work.

My mate stays ten miles away, maybe an idea to pop over for a coffee sometime soon then 😃

Tour de France: Unchained.

Wow.  What a fantastic series.  Takes you inside the pain, planning, triumph and agony of one of the biggest sporting events on the planet.  These guys are seriously superhuman.

If you’re into the tour or even if you’re not this is thoroughly recommended.

PS - I’m STILL gutted about Lance. 

32 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Wow.  What a fantastic series.  Takes you inside the pain, planning, triumph and agony of one of the biggest sporting events on the planet.  These guys are seriously superhuman.

That the one with John Cena?

Gloria

Slow moving espionage series where not a lot happens, but it's still compelling. The acting and casting is excellent and I'm learning a lot about a place and period (Portugal early 70's) I'd previously known nothing.

Edited by velo army

On 09/06/2023 at 14:27, Biscuits said:

Really, really enjoyed it but there's a bit of revisionism if you follow the sport. Alaphillipe ruled himself out the Tour weeks before hand so the real selection debate here was whether they took Phillipsen (obviously a big story after returning from that horrific Tour of Poland crash) or whether they bring Cavendish who is the greatest sprinter of all time. 

Also leaving this on the cutting room floor is borderline unforgivable. It's one of the most sporting moments I can remember in my years of watching cycling:

However I will Stan for Wout van Aert forever. The guy races with the most panache of anyone in the sport. 

Highlight of the entire show was probably seeing the rest of the squads react to this completely ridiculous bit of descending from Pidcock:

4 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Big fan of Daniel Portman using (mostly) normal Scots in Loch Henry.

Only 20 minutes in but the Yank woman wants to f**k up 

Spoiler

Tells harrowing story about a serial killer who killed his da. 

“Sounds a great laugh let’s go see the house.” f**k up hen 

7 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

The main lad went too heavy on the rolling of certain letters. His man sounded Irish at times!

But good episode.

Totally missed the massive clue when the maw was being interviewed and dropped the lines about not being on camera for ages etc.

On 16/06/2023 at 05:14, The Golden God said:

Only 20 minutes in but the Yank woman wants to f**k up  

Good episode, main accent criticism would be Portman/Stuart sounding like he’s from Glasgow when the character clearly isn’t. 

Spoiler

Well she was an arsehole but didn’t quite get want that to happen. 

On 11/06/2023 at 19:17, TopDon said:

Anyone recommend some good films on Netflix tia 

The Platform. 

Enjoyed Black Mirror so far. Figured out Loch Henry ending pretty quickly after the zoomed in to a certain person at one point. Just started the last episode. Enjoyed them all so far though I thought Mazey Day was a bit "Simpsons did it!". 

Seen all the new Black Mirror episodes now. Enjoyed them all, albeit to varying degrees. Would rate them thusly (best to least best):

- Loch Henry (an all time Black Mirror episode for me)

- Joan is Awful (almost an all time Black Mirror episode)

- Demon 79

- Beyond The Sea

- Mazey Day

On 21/06/2023 at 22:34, DA Baracus said:

Seen all the new Black Mirror episodes now. Enjoyed them all, albeit to varying degrees. Would rate them thusly (best to least best):

- Loch Henry (an all time Black Mirror episode for me)

- Joan is Awful (almost an all time Black Mirror episode)

- Demon 79

- Beyond The Sea

- Mazey Day

Yeah I think everyone agrees that Mazey Day just wasn't good in any way at all, I actually liked Demon 79 the best then Joan is Awful and Loch Henry equally next with Beyond The Sea a pretty good idea but too long and felt a bit flat.

On 16/06/2023 at 00:37, Mr. Brightside said:

yep was just about to post the same....

When his dad appeared and instead of him saying "speak of the devil" he says "speak of the c*nt"...my (English) missus turned to me and said "You lot really do love that word don't you".  To which I obviously replied "f**k aye ya c*nt!"   

Great episode and series was brilliant.  Got to hand it to Charlie Brooker must be coining it in as well.  That first episode had some big names in it.