Netflix

Biscuits

Eventually catching up on Stranger Things after persuading the wife that the kids can watch a 15. Halfway through s4 and still great. 

The Volcano : rescue from Whakaari was a fascinating but fairly upsetting watch.

Sandman. Episode one seemed like about four hours of ponderous shite so won't be continuing. 

On 21/06/2019 at 05:56, 19QOS19 said:

When They See Us

This was a hard watch. I can't recall the last time I was completely fizzing for almost a whole episode of tv. Shows how corrupt the American judicial system was (still is!). Rather than examine the evidence and look for who it matches, they picked these boys and tried to work what little evidence they had around them.

Hard to discuss it without spoilers but I liked the wee touch right at the end. Interesting that as the boys aged so did the actors except Jharrel Jerome. I thought he was absolutely outstanding and will give the actors of Chernobyl a serious run for their money in the awards.

Don't know how I missed When They See Us at the time it came out as I really like these type of true life docs/mini series. Watched it all yesterday and as above I was raging at the injustice against the Central Park Five especially when Trump was shown spouting his racist bile. The lives of five young men and their families ruined because of the ultra right US law enforcement/court system. Some consolation that they all seem to have come out the other end with better lives and are helping others because of their experience. 

Second season of Alice in Borderland has dropped. picked right up where it left last time. Really good watch.

edit - Finished it last night, brought it to a conclusion... or has it.. 

Guess it depends on viewing figures. Although someone reporting it will be bloodier than ever (even though no one official has said anything about a possible season 3)

Edited by steelmen

Finished Alice in Borderland S2 as well. I think they should end it there but would consider watching a 3rd season to see what the writers can come up with themselves (or recreate from the spin off manga).

Spoiler

It was decent but some the "movie logic" was a bit off putting. Seeing the King of Spades murder everyone else that he sees for the entire season but miss the main characters every time he shot was irritating. That drives me mad. At least have them constantly in cover or something. They were just running right in front of him.
Then when they do finally meet up close in the alleyway they all somehow survive shots/multiple stabbings at point blank range for long enough to get back to reality.

An entertaining show but with some flaws.

Yeah was just coming on to post about 1899 being cancelled. Netflix are absolutely ruthless now. Glad I only had it on the backlog. Unless something is a big franchise or known quantity it actually puts me off watching Netflix stuff now as it seems inevitable to be cancelled within a maximum of 3 seasons without being resolved. Most don't even make it that far as well.

3 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah was just coming on to post about 1899 being cancelled. Netflix are absolutely ruthless now. Glad I only had it on the backlog. Unless something is a big franchise or known quantity it actually puts me off watching Netflix stuff now as it seems inevitable to be cancelled within a maximum of 3 seasons without being resolved. Most don't even make it that far as well.

Was thinking that after I watched the Longest Night last week. I thought it was only a one season  thing to start with but It is set up to keep going so hope it doesnt get cancelled

On 04/01/2023 at 15:17, Arch Stanton said:

Anyone watched Kaleidoscope?  Have just read a review saying you can watch any of the episodes in any order.

Couple of episodes to go. It’s pretty good. Watching it in the order it streams. Probably could watch it in any order but not sure why you would. 

21 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

Couple of episodes to go. It’s pretty good. Watching it in the order it streams. Probably could watch it in any order but not sure why you would. 

Haven't watched it yet, but I'm pretty sure it streams differently for every viewer with white always being the finale.

Ah. Wasn’t aware of that. I just watched it in the order it streamed for me. Last episode tonight. Watched the Pink episode last night - set 6 months after the heist - reckon I would have been annoyed to see that any earner as it gives quite a lot of finality and wouldn’t have made much sense. 

9 minutes ago, wellboy1991 said:

The Witcher : Blood Origin is some god awful television. Abysmal casting, wooden acting and terrible CGI. 

Cannot believe Michelle Yeoh has linked herself with this mince.

She was also in Star Trek Discovery, which is abysmal.

On 06/01/2023 at 22:24, Detournement said:

Just watched the first episode of Copenhagen Cowboy and it's already shattered me.

There's only 6 episodes so no bingeing. 

Watched the first episode yesterday, looking forward to watching the next one later today (working nightshift)......I like NWR's style !!

Saw a review earlier with the headline of "the most boring version of the coolest show ever but Nicolas Winding Refn knows how to use  neon"

Edited by Geddy_Lee

On 13/01/2023 at 02:53, Thereisalight.. said:

The Hatchet Weilding Hitchhiker. Hero or villain? Discuss

My own view is he was a very troubled soul and the acclaim sent him on an even bigger spiral. I do believe that the old guy he murdered was a sexual deviant (stories online back this up). 

It’s Netflix at its best.  Absolutely everyone involved comes across terribly.