Netflix

Biscuits

On 25/11/2022 at 22:55, The Golden God said:

Wednesday

Her being cheeky/sarcastic as f**k at all times is a great laugh. Only a couple of episodes in but the story looks decent so far but it could honestly just be Wednesday being a cow to everyone and I’d still watch, only small gripe is that Gwendoline Christie’s character seems a bit too like Umbridge from Harry Potter, posh, eccentric and an arsehole who claims to have good intentions but almost certainly doesn’t.

Loving this so far. Christina Ricci as Daphne from Scooby Doo is a welcome/weird feature. 

Edited by Shandon Par

1899 is very odd.  It’s a bit like an Agatha Christie - in that there are class struggles and murders on board a boat - but it’s all very supernatural and dark.   Very much enjoying it, especially as I have no idea where it’s heading.

On 28/11/2022 at 18:51, Savage Henry said:

1899 is very odd.  It’s a bit like an Agatha Christie - in that there are class struggles and murders on board a boat - but it’s all very supernatural and dark.   Very much enjoying it, especially as I have no idea where it’s heading.

Me and the Mrs put the first two on tonight and it is very weird.

6 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Me and the Mrs put the first two on tonight and it is very weird.

Just watched episode 7 and thought ok confused but made more sense the final episode, but there then discovered there is another episode to go! I suspect I will be more confused tomorrow than now.

Alice in Borderland is back in a few weeks after a two year break.

I don't have much hope of a return to the excitement of the first half of season 1 but, given the craziness of the show, surely there will be some good moments to come.
Make or break season for the show.

Started watching 1899 and although I don’t have a fucking clue what’s going on, I’m enjoying it, there’s enough weirdness to keep me intrigued!!!
The whole set up is very reminiscent of the early (good) seasons of Lost, except it’s set in Victorian times and it’s on a ship instead of an island with some nefarious but never seen mastermind behind the scenes using and moving people like chess pieces on a board!!!
Fully expecting to see a smoke monster!!!

Finished Wednesday. Absolutely loved it. Don’t think I’d have watched it going by the description but my daughter had it on one day and I was soon hooked.

It does the cynical Netflix thing of making a greatest hits compendium of what worked in other Netflix shows. Take what’s great about Stranger things and Cobra Kai and add a dash of Scooby Doo and the result is joyous.

Left in two minds about whether they should have another series as it’s hard to see how it could be as perfect as that. 

34 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Finished Wednesday. Absolutely loved it. Don’t think I’d have watched it going by the description but my daughter had it on one day and I was soon hooked.

It does the cynical Netflix thing of making a greatest hits compendium of what worked in other Netflix shows. Take what’s great about Stranger things and Cobra Kai and add a dash of Scooby Doo and the result is joyous.

Left in two minds about whether they should have another series as it’s hard to see how it could be as perfect as that. 

Gonna start this after that 1899 thing I am confusing myself with.

On 23/11/2022 at 22:03, buchan30 said:

Pepsi, where’s my jet? Pepsi used to run adverts and you could “get stuff” by collecting points. They offered up a harrier jump jet for 7 million coins and some dude took them to court because he found a loophole to get the jet.

Enjoyable but the usual Netflix hour long doc split into 4 hours 

Surely with the viewing figures and the ending they’ll do a 2nd series.

Just finished 1899 and I’ve got to say it’s one of the best things he watched this year, not a fucking clue what was happening until the major mind f**k at very end of the last episode, which explains how a Season 2 is possible!!!
Hope Netflix renew this as it looked expensive as f**k to make and they do seem to have second thoughts about expensive shows no matter what the viewing figures are!!!

I've watched 4 episodes, maybe 5 of 1899 and right now I have to say I thik it's nearing "bag of shite" territory. I probably will end up liking it but it's a bit of a struggle just now.

The music at the end of each episode is fucking great though

On 05/12/2022 at 14:45, The Golden God said:

Surely with the viewing figures and the ending they’ll do a 2nd series.

Yeah, I’ve been working loads and hadn’t read any news about it. Hadn’t realised how big it was. Saw some salty/snooty reviews about it saying how it cripples shows with original ideas but that’s unfair as it’s so far removed from the original Addams stuff. It’s just a smart, modern look at friendship and self-worth.

I've watched 4 episodes, maybe 5 of 1899 and right now I have to say I thik it's nearing "bag of shite" territory. I probably will end up liking it but it's a bit of a struggle just now.

The music at the end of each episode is fucking great though

Keep with it!!
The soundtrack is fantastic!!!

On 07/12/2022 at 09:55, Bairnardo said:

I have started Snabba Cash on a recommendation. Only 1 episode in but looks like my kind of jam so far.

Feels a wee bit like they had trouble editing down the books. The business/app stuff doesn’t do it for me. Big Ravy, the lead lady and her sort of boyfriend are all excellent. The local police seem very lax too. They don’t seem to bother too much about machine gun battles on the street.