Netflix

Biscuits

Watched All Quiet On The Western Front last night. The third version and it still brings home the futility of war. Men suffering all sorts of pain, deprivation and deoth while the generals dine in relative luxury. It makes you feel for those survive as much as the dead. 

Around two and half hours but it flew by for me. 

Finally, finally caught up on Heartstopper.

What an utter delight. Totally believable characters and the storylines handled brilliantly. 

Makes it all the more heartbreaking that one of the lead actors was recently hounded out of the closet by the absolute cesspit that is social media and didn't get to do it in his own time like his character.

That said, roll on season 2.

Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities is great.  Little 45 minute short stories.  Watched the first two and blasted through the rest.  For those of us of a certain age, reminiscent of the Fear on Four Radio 4 horrors back in the day. 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Guillermo Del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities is great.  Little 45 minute short stories.  Watched the first two and blasted through the rest.  For those of us of a certain age, reminiscent of the Fear on Four Radio 4 horrors back in the day. 

Brilliant stuff. Thought Kate Mecucci was creepy as hell in Ep4. 

Spoiler

*Taxidermy Looks Easy thread for this pish.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:26, lichtie23 said:

Started FIFA uncovered last night. 

Id never tire of slapping Sepp Blatter

Watching it today.

I presume he hasn't seen any of the bits where he's not speaking to camera, as everyone else's recollection of events is totally at odds with his own!

On 04/11/2022 at 08:43, jagfox said:

Watched All Quiet On The Western Front last night. The third version and it still brings home the futility of war. Men suffering all sorts of pain, deprivation and deoth while the generals dine in relative luxury. It makes you feel for those survive as much as the dead. 

Around two and half hours but it flew by for me. 

Watched this last night. It was fantastically filmed and utterly harrowing.

The new recruits quick descent from the pride of signing up to the horrors of war was horrifying. As was Paul's moment of  contrition in the bomb crater after stabbing the French soldier and watching his slow death.

The final push on Armistice morning and the inevitable outcome summed up the futility of war.

My Cabinet of Curiosities ranking:
  1. The Viewing
  2. The Autopsy
  3. The Murmuring
  4. Pickman's Model
  5. The Outside
  6. Graveyard Rats
  7. Lot 36
  8. Dreams in the Witch House 
Loved this series. The Viewing was by some distance my least enjoyable episode though. A whole lot of build up with a shite finale for me.

Have been watching Altered Carbon.

Really enjoyed the first series.

However the second is pish. Despite featuring many of the same main cast, it just felt different. I think it was the writing. First of all everyone is somehow incredibly stupid now. Secondly it's really dull and really daft. There's a lot of premises to accept with Altered Carbon, but most work and fit within the story. There was too much introduced here that was daft and just had me sighing and shaking my head.

Really big drop off in quality. The usually great Anthony Mackie felt out of place here and the stupidity displayed by his character in a couple of episodes really took me out of it.

Shame that they bungled what was a great concept with great world building.

Pepsi, where’s my jet? Pepsi used to run adverts and you could “get stuff” by collecting points. They offered up a harrier jump jet for 7 million coins and some dude took them to court because he found a loophole to get the jet.

0348b1f1871949bb59fcfe7ac840c139.jpg5d85ebbee7dd2a5cc08b86710dfed703.jpg

On 21/11/2022 at 11:55, 19QOS19 said:
On 19/11/2022 at 22:51, Steve_Wilkos said:
My Cabinet of Curiosities ranking:
  1. The Viewing
  2. The Autopsy
  3. The Murmuring
  4. Pickman's Model
  5. The Outside
  6. Graveyard Rats
  7. Lot 36
  8. Dreams in the Witch House 

Loved this series. The Viewing was by some distance my least enjoyable episode though. A whole lot of build up with a shite finale for me.

Yeah, the Viewing was a whole load of Blade Runner followed by five minutes of The Thing.   Silly.

On 10/11/2022 at 11:26, lichtie23 said:

Started FIFA uncovered last night. 

Id never tire of slapping Sepp Blatter

I’ve only watched the first 3 episodes to date but Jack Warner seems like a hell of guy. Not sure i’d expect to get my money back if I lent him a tenner.

Wednesday

Her being cheeky/sarcastic as f**k at all times is a great laugh. Only a couple of episodes in but the story looks decent so far but it could honestly just be Wednesday being a cow to everyone and I’d still watch, only small gripe is that Gwendoline Christie’s character seems a bit too like Umbridge from Harry Potter, posh, eccentric and an arsehole who claims to have good intentions but almost certainly doesn’t.