Netflix

Biscuits

4 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Going back through the Marvel TV universe on Netflix now. 

Great shows - currently on season 2 of The Punisher. Such a shame Netflix cancelled the lot all at once when Disney+ came along. 

Season 1 of Jessica Jones was immense.

Just finished watching “The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window” and can honestly say it’s one of the top 10 stupidest things I’ve ever seen. However, if you accept that it’s actually just a comedy from the half way point, it’s very, very enjoyable. The opening 10 minutes of the last episode are some of the most ludicrously funny shit I’ve ever seen.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Just finished watching “The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window” and can honestly say it’s one of the top 10 stupidest things I’ve ever seen. However, if you accept that it’s actually just a comedy from the half way point, it’s very, very enjoyable. The opening 10 minutes of the last episode are some of the most ludicrously funny shit I’ve ever seen.

I enjoyed it and knew from the title alone it was going to be a spoof of all the recent Girl On The Train type psychological murder mysteries. I liked all the running gags and there were a few Airplane! type one liners, thought Kristen Bell played the part well. The Glenn Close cameo at the end sets it up nicely for a second series.

Edited by JustOneCornetto

It is a comedy.....it's a spoof...

My wife watching this on Monday.  I started but kept falling asleep during episode one.  I woke for episode
Spoiler

the way their kid died...jesus christ surely they could have thought of something less unlikely... then the actual fight scene at the end - its a kid..kick her in the head

two but thought it was a p*ss take...its truly terrible.  I actually thought it was a spoof at one point.

I enjoyed it and knew from the title alone it was going to be a spoof of all the recent Girl On The Train type psychological murder mysteries. I liked all the running gags and there were a few Airplane! type one liners, thought Kristen Bell played the part well. The Glenn Close cameo at the end sets it up nicely for a second series.
Are there seriously people out there who didn't realize this was a spoof?[emoji54] Surely the title was clue enough?
I quite enjoyed it - Miss Bell is easy on the eye, right enough. It was ridiculous, sure, but fairly consistently ridiculous. I confess I spent a fair bit of the first two episodes trying to work out where I recognized the male lead from without resorting to IMDB. Cracked it, eventually.

7 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

Just watched ‘The Tinder Swindler’ and spent almost the entire thing in shock about how stupid they had been. The Dutch woman getting revenge was pretty funny though.

Watched it this morning and completely agree. Quite enjoyable 

14 hours ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The whole thing was wonderful. The animation was utterly spectacular. 

Agreed. Just about OD'd on the amount of neon light! Every element felt like so much work was put into it. The characters, the plot, and especially as you saw the animation. Next level stuff.

What's really enticing is this feels like only a small part of a bigger world.  This show really could go places. Biggest downside is it might take a while to get a 2nd season if they want to match/or dare I say better that quality of animation.

21 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Are there seriously people out there who didn't realize this was a spoof?emoji54.png Surely the title was clue enough?
I quite enjoyed it - Miss Bell is easy on the eye, right enough. It was ridiculous, sure, but fairly consistently ridiculous. I confess I spent a fair bit of the first two episodes trying to work out where I recognized the male lead from without resorting to IMDB. Cracked it, eventually.

aye, step daughter pointed this put to me on Saturday night.

In my defence I was drifting in and out of sleep when it was on but at same time, aye..fair cop...

The Tinder Swindler is a remarkable watch. I mean, whilst what his victims suffered - and are still suffering - is obviously terrible, I struggled to digest the naivety of some of the women involved. Cecilie, the Norwegian woman, was especially naive. There were more red flags than a Chinese military parade, but she was entirely unquestioning for the most part. 

The Tinder Swindler is a remarkable watch. I mean, whilst what his victims suffered - and are still suffering - is obviously terrible, I struggled to digest the naivety of some of the women involved. Cecilie, the Norwegian woman, was especially naive. There were more red flags than a Chinese military parade, but she was entirely unquestioning for the most part. 

Does it have a conclusion or is it like so many of these online detective style documentaries where it's a bunch of fannies running around with no end product?

The trailer looked decent enough but if the guy has fucked off to Uganda and they're just sitting talking about what he did then it'll be a miss for me.

If you can answer that without spoilers [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Does it have a conclusion or is it like so many of these online detective style documentaries where it's a bunch of fannies running around with no end product?

The trailer looked decent enough but if the guy has fucked off to Uganda and they're just sitting talking about what he did then it'll be a miss for me.

If you can answer that without spoilers emoji38.png

Erm, it does kind of have a conclusion, in a way. It is two hours of mostly storytelling, but it develops at a sufficient pace to keep you interested. I did find some of it mildly amusing, too, especially some of the sheer naivety on display, but it is possible that I just lack some empathy. 

I’ve been watching The Sinner. Stars Bill Pullman. Series 1 was fantastic. Series 2 a bit meh and series 3 also fantastic. Starting the final series this weekend.
 If you like dark, psychological crime thrillers  you’ll enjoy.

I’ve been watching The Sinner. Stars Bill Pullman. Series 1 was fantastic. Series 2 a bit meh and series 3 also fantastic. Starting the final series this weekend.
 If you like dark, psychological crime thrillers  you’ll enjoy.
I liked 4 better than 2 and 3. 1 blows them all away.