Netflix

Biscuits

14 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Thought Stay Close was alright.

We watched it over the last week, thought it was all very "meh".  The tone and characters were all over the place.

eta: She ran away and started a new life by moving to the other side of a bridge?

Edited by KnightswoodVanBear

On 14/01/2022 at 15:14, 19QOS19 said:

I'd say it's more weird to persist with something you think is "garbage" right off the bat. I've started loads of TV Series's and not felt it after 2 or 3 episodes. I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting through an entire series that I disliked right from the beginning.

People here seem to be doing that with Afterlife quite a bit, it’s almost as if they’re watching it just to be annoyed at how bad it is. There’s so much choice out there which makes it totally inexcusable to be complaining about anything on your telly being shite, Mrs browns boys is a prime example of a show that so many people actively dislike - just put the fucker off and watch something else it isn’t 1994 anymore.

I watched Wild Things (1998) for the first time the other night. Holy f**k what a ride that film is. I never saw some of the twists and turns coming and it’s really funny in some bits. Also Denise Richards and Neve Campbell in a threesome. Bill Murray is great in his cameos. I thought the female cop might have done more at the end. There’s some plot holes for sure but I loved it.

Taking Lives (2004). Angelina Jolie is a FBI profiler hunting down a serial killer. I saw the twist coming quite early on but I thought it was well done. I really liked the ending. Another one I enjoyed.

On 24/01/2022 at 19:19, throbber said:

People here seem to be doing that with Afterlife quite a bit, it’s almost as if they’re watching it just to be annoyed at how bad it is. There’s so much choice out there which makes it totally inexcusable to be complaining about anything on your telly being shite, Mrs browns boys is a prime example of a show that so many people actively dislike - just put the fucker off and watch something else it isn’t 1994 anymore.

I quite liked series 1 and 2 but have to admit that series 3 was a series too far.  I wouldnt say the first couple of series were great but there were some pretty good moments (my favourite being the postie asking if he can come in to use the bathroom....Gervais wonders whats keeping him so long goes up stairs to see the postie having a bath)

The third series is increasingly lacking funny moments and overtly relies on Gervais saying the C word - I have seen him live and he uses it far more than any comedian I know.....and each reference is a derogatory one....whereas in Scotland the C word is often used as an affectionate term - he is a good c**t.  Nah he his trying too hard and this entire series is just a bit too depressing....several other characters are able to move on but he has not.

Had an extended break from Netflix but started up again couple of weeks ago.

So far I've seen

Afterlife S3 - not as good as first two series but still enjoyable and don't get all this hate for Gervais

Lost In Space S3 - well made with good special effects but bit too heavy on the sentimental family stuff, reminded me of Falling Skies in that respect. Also final episode wrapped up in a bit of rush with all the robot stuff.

Squid Game - good concept, good acting and some really gut wrenching scenes, thoroughly enjoyed this.

Started watching The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window - off to not a bad start and with just 8 short episodes shouldn't take long to whizz through.

Next will be Snowpiercer S3 which I believe is only being released on a weekly basis.

On 31/01/2022 at 12:42, JustOneCornetto said:

Started watching The Woman In The House Across The Street From The Girl In The Window - off to not a bad start and with just 8 short episodes shouldn't take long to whizz through.

My wife watching this on Monday.  I started but kept falling asleep during episode one.  I woke for episode

Spoiler

the way their kid died...jesus christ surely they could have thought of something less unlikely... then the actual fight scene at the end - its a kid..kick her in the head

two but thought it was a p*ss take...its truly terrible.  I actually thought it was a spoof at one point.