Netflix

Biscuits

On 19/11/2021 at 16:30, BallochSonsFan said:

Live action Cowboy Bebop is online now.

First episode watched. It's really good. True to the anime in style.

It's fine. The casting in some essences is wild though. Vicious is whiny little bitch that wouldn't look out of place from the Targaryen c**t in season 1 Game of Thrones. The original was a cold calculated SoB with better hair. This one is terrible.

It's been a week and we need more people on here talking about how fucking tremendous Arcane is btw.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

On 27/10/2021 at 23:17, Lurkst said:

Finished Squid Game after a week long binge. Thought it was excellent. Intriguing concept with some superb acting (from the Koreans anyway).

Just seen this. Insane attention to detail, fair play to them 👏

Just finished Money Heist. Not embarrassed to say i shed a little tear. Read a review of the last episode from someone who said they shouldve done a Sopranos type ending (if you have seen the episode, you would know at which part) which i think actually wouldve worked here

Currently watching the last few episodes of La Casa de Papel (Money Heist) and it's ok. I like that they can still create tension, even after the professor gets out of it repeatedly. I like how the characters are likeable. I still love Helsinki, Palermo and the Professor, and I still pure fancy Alicia Sierra. 

There are big problems though. The fact that all of the characters are incapable of regulating emotions turns even the slightest setback into a huge fucking drama. Temayo is the worst for this. He is a manchild whose petulant ego is the driving force in all of his (re)actions. He's also maddeningly incompetent and, you imagine, would have been removed early on. Denver is a close second. An utter bellend of a character who offers next to nothing in terms of expertise. He has no skills useful to this robbery, but is just here because he was in the last one (alongside his equally useless paramour, Stockholm). He spends much of this series throwing tantrum after tantrum and it's more soap opera than heist movie with these guys. 

Actually there really shouldn't have been a third series. There were some delightful bits of nonsense in the first three, but each character had a part to play and their own arc and story. It was genuinely fun and engaging. This has been a bit more of a hodgepodge of misguided fan service and pretty lazy writing. The first heist had charm. And a lower body count. This one is more violent, but it's entirely one dimensional. The baddies are bad, they don't have motivations beyond simply winning and Temayo is a pantomime baddie, which is a waste of a good actor. 

I'll keep watching it as I'm invested, but I just wanted to have a moan about it here ☺️

I'd like to hear other thoughts and am unafraid of hearing that I might be talking pish.

16 minutes ago, Sammy00 said:

Ratched series is cool. I watched it steadily, time flew by unnoticed. It is not for everyone, many will think that this is some kind of cruel nonsense. But I see something more in this, a very high-quality picture, it does not load, although it keeps it in suspense, everything is beautiful, juicy, and of high quality. And of course, everything is exaggerated here, black humor, you need to understand it. I think this is a very worthy novelty, everyone played just fine! I recommend!)

I couldn't

get into it after the first episode but the missus liked it. Mayby gave her ideas...

Arcane. Bloody hell. Magnificent series.

My only slight regret about it is that I didn't have a huge massive telly to watch it on. 

The artwork and soundtrack are absolutely stunning and add so much to what is already tremendous writing and intricately detailed characterisation. 

I love series where characters aren't either good or bad, and when the writers let you consider the relative merits of each motivation. We're clear who the protagonists are, and who the main antagonist is, but we're not always in favour of the actions of the hero, and we're invited also to have sympathy for the goals of the antagonist. 

It's animated, but definitely not for weans.

This was absolutely fuckin brilliant.

Second season of The Witcher is very, very good, but the ending…oh my.

Having actually played the Witcher 3 for the first time in between watching the first season and the second, it was much easier to follow knowing both the references, and what happens at that point in the story.

On 16/12/2021 at 00:00, velo army said:

Arcane. Bloody hell. Magnificent series.

My only slight regret about it is that I didn't have a huge massive telly to watch it on.

The artwork and soundtrack are absolutely stunning and add so much to what is already tremendous writing and intricately detailed characterisation. 

I love series where characters aren't either good or bad, and when the writers let you consider the relative merits of each motivation. We're clear who the protagonists are, and who the main antagonist is, but we're not always in favour of the actions of the hero, and we're invited also to have sympathy for the goals of the antagonist. 

It's animated, but definitely not for weans.

This was absolutely fuckin brilliant.

Get a better TV and watch it again. More than enough going on to get something out of a second watch.