Netflix

Biscuits

9 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Started Good Girls. It has Christina Hendricks. Does anytihng else really matter?

My Mrs has watched it all and Christina Hendricks seems to have turned her off men (well, me anyway) and on to Christina Hendricks. 

On 29/10/2021 at 23:12, 19QOS19 said:

I only saw the dubbed version when I saw clips on Gogglebox. It was terrible. Fair play to anyone who suffered through the god awful voice acting.

Anyone watching foreign shows/films (particularly Asian ones) dubbed when there is a subtitles option is absolutely 'doing it wrong'.

Aye that's the issue with folk not liking it or being to stupid/lazy to watch the subtitled version.

Finished The Unlikely Murderer (Den Osannolika Mördaren) last night, bit of a slow burner, last episode was the best by far, it's about the assassination of Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme and his likely killer. The main character is the kind of odd ball that I've definitely worked beside before, good watch and I quite like listening to the sing song Swedish language 

On 11/11/2021 at 18:25, Elgoulin said:

Someone watched Arcane?

Waiting for the final episodes to drop before I binge it on the weekend but it looks hype good.

Inside job. Opening credits 9/10. Show itself is 3/10. 

Cowboy Bebop looks like it could be terrible, but good terrible. Like the previous watch, I will be watching solely for the opening credits again because the song is an absolute banger. Then I'll watch the anime and their credits again to get them in my ears again.

Cowboy Bebop looks like shit. I thought they were remaking it on the cheap to save buying the rights but they've added the far superior original. Mental. Even the advertising is mad as they keep showing the side by side shots with the originals. 

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
On 15/11/2021 at 12:42, Thorongil said:
Narcos Mexico season 3 was glorious.

I'm upto episode 7 and still enjoying it. Not as bad as some seem to think.

People are always desperate to be the ones to say this and that isn’t as good as it used to be. 

I enjoyed Narcos Mexico but it felt a bit rushed at times. It was as though Amado was untouchable one minute then had everyone after him the next with no real explanation of what happened in between.

Apparently that's the end of it but they could definitely get another season out of it, at least, which focuses on El Chapo.

On 15/11/2021 at 12:42, Thorongil said:

Narcos Mexico season 3 was glorious.

I was a bit ambivalent to the first season of Narcos Mexico, but I thought the second season was a big improvement.  The 3rd season was excellent.  Up there with the best of the original Narcos.

edit: The copper's story about the femicide epidemic was superb as well and could easily have been done over a series on it's own.  The actor playing the cop was probably the stand out in the whole season for me.

Edited by KnightswoodBear