Netflix

Biscuits

Squid game was quality. I thought the final game being the "squid game" was a wee touch anticlimactic. I thought the games could maybe have been a touch more imaginative in their cruelty [emoji23]

The glass bridge was horrendously cruel though and the red light green light one was the highlight of them all.

On 01/10/2021 at 15:15, betting competition said:

Watched Shiny_Flakes: The Teenage Drug Lord which is a documentary on a German 15-year that started selling drugs from his bedroom. Found this very good watch and there is now a series How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) on Netflix based on this story.  

That was good docu, good story. It was funny when he met the guy on train after travelling to give evidence against him

Squid Game is class. The Netflix Korean stuff is a highlight for them. Please add Train to Busan you b*****ds.

Train to Busan is on FILM4 this weekend - Sunday 10th October at 01:40am!!!
[emoji1303]

Binged the first 5 episodes of Squid games last night and hopefully finish the rest today/tomorrow but been great so far, really didn’t think I could get into it with it being Dubbed over as anything out of sync gets on my tits but after a while didn’t even notice.

Thought the last couple of episodes of Squid Game were lacking a bit of imagination imo, although I still enjoyed it.  

Spoiler

There was never any real feeling that any of the final 3 were going to die at any point, at the same time as the minor characters dropped one by one. It was sign posted during the glass bridge game, and you could have wrote the script on what was going to happen half way through it. There’s only so many times someone escaping death at the last second becomes surprising. It was still an enjoyable watch but I don’t know if I would be too bothered if there wasnt a second season tbh. 

I think some of the threads were left hanging intentionally for that reason though. The police man who was The Hosts brother wasn’t shown dying on screen, and we never got to know how The Host went from being a previous winner to where he is now. There was also no reason given as to how the guards were chosen and assigned their roles, and the VIP who was left unconscious was never mentioned after that scene. In fact it was a bit strange that the other VIPs didn’t bring that up in the final episode, I would have thought a rogue waiter that had infiltrated their remote island and attacked one of them would have had them more worried than they seemed to be. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

In the minority here. Made it 15 minutes into Squid Game before turning it off. Thought it was shite.

15 minutes is absolutely no time at all to give an 8 hour long show. The first 15 minutes of some of my favourite films aren't even that interesting.

Just finished it there and enjoyed it. It's not 'One of the best things I've watched in years' material but it was excellent nonetheless.

**SPOILERS BELOW**

The second episode was a bit of a drag for me. The whole point of it was to show how shite their lives were outside and why they decided to go back in but I think they could have done it a lot quicker. Given there was a half hour episode later on I think they should have allocated that slot to this episode. Strangely enough I had a feeling No 1 wasn't killed. I didn't think he was the head guy but I did think he was some kind of mole.

I didn't have any problem with the ending tbh. I thought it rounded everything important off and left it hanging for a potential S2. For those who didn't like the ending - what didn't you like/what were you hoping for?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

15 minutes is absolutely no time at all to give an 8 hour long show. The first 15 minutes of some of my favourite films aren't even that interesting.

Just finished it there and enjoyed it. It's not 'One of the best things I've watched in years' material but it was excellent nonetheless.

**SPOILERS BELOW**

The second episode was a bit of a drag for me. The whole point of it was to show how shite their lives were outside and why they decided to go back in but I think they could have done it a lot quicker. Given there was a half hour episode later on I think they should have allocated that slot to this episode. Strangely enough I had a feeling No 1 wasn't killed. I didn't think he was the head guy but I did think he was some kind of mole.

I didn't have any problem with the ending tbh. I thought it rounded everything important off and left it hanging for a potential S2. For those who didn't like the ending - what didn't you like/what were you hoping for?

Literally the only thing that disappointed me as I said before..... The first game with the big robot and the fancy cameras etc... That was some future hell shit. I really wish the subsequent games were a bit more imaginatively horrifying than guys capping them with revolvers once a mistake was made. They had free reign here, and aside from the glass bridge, the games themselves were totally underwhelming.