Netflix

Biscuits

On 07/09/2021 at 17:27, Savage Henry said:

If you only watch one 9/11 memorial programme this September, make it Turning Point : 9/11 and the War on Terror. 6 one hour episodes that go through the actual events and the resulting war in Afghanistan.  It culminates in the departure from Kabul.   Gives a voice to all sides, including the Taliban and Al Qaeda guys trying to justify 9/11, and the neocons, and the more reasoned of the conspiracy theorist cooks.  

It’s a brilliant, and massive,  piece of work. 

I don't know if you've read the book , but , it's very reminiscent of The Looming Tower : Al-Qaeda's Road To 9/11 by Lawrence Wright. 

Saw they interviewed Ali Soufan , who is one of the main characters in the TV series of The Looming Tower. Very good documentary all round. 

On 23/09/2021 at 13:04, roverthemoon said:

The Squid Game. A surreal Korean cross between the Hunger Games and Lord of the Flies. Great characters and keeps you gripped if you don’t mind a bit of brutality and gore. 

This.

It was my 6 year old who told me about this 🙄, started watching it, tremendous. Will finish the last 3 (of 9) episodes today/tonight

Just finished latest series of Sex Education, very good and funny in places. Not sure how many more series they can get out of it before they hit the inbetweeners issue of 30 year olds playing schoolkids, but then again none of the actors actually look anything like 17/18 anyway. 

Edit :the glee club performance of f**k the Pain Away has been stuck in my head all morning. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Just finished latest series of Sex Education, very good and funny in places. Not sure how many more series they can get out of it before they hit the inbetweeners issue of 30 year olds playing schoolkids, but then again none of the actors actually look anything like 17/18 anyway. 
Edit :the glee club performance of f**k the Pain Away has been stuck in my head all morning. 

Renewed for a 4th season so I presume it’s just to wrap up loose ends.
I’ve got to say the entire France episode was great entertainment.

On 28/09/2021 at 13:40, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Only watched a couple of episodes but Midnight Mass has been good so far.

I've just finished it.  Pretty good all in, but I felt that once you find out/figure out where it's going it loses steam a wee bit. 

The boy playing the Priest and the woman that plays the pious headmistress/acolyte are both outstanding. 

Watched all 9 episodes of Squid Game in less than 24 hours. Best thing ive seen in ages although i was a little disappointed in the ending. Ive no doubt that there will be a second season

Highly recommend

On 30/09/2021 at 00:36, KnightswoodBear said:

The boy playing the Priest

Agreed, Big Hamish Linklater stole the show.

Also agreed that it was pretty good, weaker than both the Hauntings IMO, it should have been a four parter probs. 

Flanagan needs to cool it on the monologues.

8 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Enjoyed Squid Game after finishing it but done in at the create a character cutscene shit in the last ten minutes.

Aye, absolutely gone that he went to the barbers and said, 'give me the haircut of a 40 year old British woman'