Netflix

Biscuits

Finished season 5 part a of Money Heist over the weekend.

I love this program, it is one of the best out there but i am not sure what to think of these 5 episodes. 

Spoiler

they seem to have a huge budget for bullets and are determined to use it.

Killing off 2 main characters (technically 3 with Arturo being bumped too) in 5 episodes seems extreme. then there is the whole giving birth part seems too much.

in saying that i still flew through it and can't wait for the final 5 episodes in December. 

45 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Finished season 5 part a of Money Heist over the weekend.

I love this program, it is one of the best out there but i am not sure what to think of these 5 episodes. 

Reveal hidden contents

they seem to have a huge budget for bullets and are determined to use it.

Killing off 2 main characters (technically 3 with Arturo being bumped too) in 5 episodes seems extreme. then there is the whole giving birth part seems too much.

in saying that i still flew through it and can't wait for the final 5 episodes in December. 

Spoiler

Its still good tv but there were some points of genuine silliness that annoyed me. Arturo turning into fucking Rambo being the first. Tamayo telling everyone who will listen that he is going fit folk up, murder people in cold blood etc was ridiculous, especially when the governor was in attendance. 

Always epxected Tokyo to die tbh. 

If you only watch one 9/11 memorial programme this September, make it Turning Point : 9/11 and the War on Terror. 6 one hour episodes that go through the actual events and the resulting war in Afghanistan.  It culminates in the departure from Kabul.   Gives a voice to all sides, including the Taliban and Al Qaeda guys trying to justify 9/11, and the neocons, and the more reasoned of the conspiracy theorist cooks.  

It’s a brilliant, and massive,  piece of work. 

Edited by Savage Henry

On 07/09/2021 at 17:27, Savage Henry said:

If you only watch one 9/11 memorial programme this September, make it Turning Point : 9/11 and the War on Terror. 6 one hour episodes that go through the actual events and the resulting war in Afghanistan.  It culminates in the departure from Kabul.   Gives a voice to all sides, including the Taliban and Al Qaeda guys trying to justify 9/11, and the neocons, and the more reasoned of the conspiracy theorist cooks.  

Watched this the other week. Really comprehensive analysis from all sides. Excellent 

Watched the first 3 so far and not learned much I didn't already know. Will stick with it though.

Started watching the F1 documentary the other day, blitzed through the first season and a couple of the second.

Utterly love it. Love all this background shenanigans that goes on and I haven't followed F1 since Jean Alessi and Gerhard Berger were scooting round.

19 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Started watching the F1 documentary the other day, blitzed through the first season and a couple of the second.

Utterly love it. Love all this background shenanigans that goes on and I haven't followed F1 since Jean Alessi and Gerhard Berger were scooting round.

Is this Drive to Survive?

On 17/09/2021 at 12:14, Stellaboz said:

That's the one. 

Drive to Survive is a fascinating programme.  I kind of lost interest in F1 a few years ago but this has got me right back into it.  Amazing the amount of politics etc which goes on behind the scenes.

Hopefully they do ones that haven't already been made rather than yet another version of the BFG, for instance. If they have the rights to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, hopefully they will expunge the diabolical Johnny Depp version.

Ironically, Roald Dahl completely distanced himself from the original film. Annoyed it focussed more on Willy Wonka rather than Charlie. Great film though.

Would love to see Tales of the Unexpected appear.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Ironically, Roald Dahl completely distanced himself from the original film. Annoyed it focussed more on Willy Wonka rather than Charlie. Great film though.

Would love to see Tales of the Unexpected appear.

Yeah, like quite a few authors, Dahl was completely wrong about an adaptation of his book. Other examples include PL Travers and Stephen King.

I suppose when you've invested months or even years of your life on something, it's easy to look down your nose at the way someone else wants to create it.

On 22/09/2021 at 20:08, Lofarl said:

Didn't Roald Dahl get cancelled in the great cancel fest of 2019?  There was never a version of his biography growing up called Boy was there?  It was a good read if I mind.

IIRC he narrowly avoided it as his estate had already apologised multiple times for his Labour Party-style views on Jewish folk.

Didn't Roald Dahl get cancelled in the great cancel fest of 2019?  There was never a version of his biography growing up called Boy was there?  It was a good read if I mind.

If Lovecraft can continue to thrive after his death then Dahl will be fine although I think Lovecraft did try and to recant his views before he died.