Netflix

Biscuits

Believe Me:The Abduction Of Lisa McVey - film based on a true story. It's pretty harrowing and the girl playing Lisa is fantastic as she goes through hell not just in her abduction but what we see in flashbacks with her horrible family situation. Highly recommended.
It's a very uncomfortable watch but great filmmaking.
Never expected the real Lisa to look how she does

Bo Burnham's latest special 'Inside'.

He has the ability to make me laugh so much with the piss takes of people but at the same time gets the locked up feeling of the last 12 months pretty spot on here as well.

For Bo Burnham fans it's a treat, for folk who aren't aware of him I'm assuming it would seem a bit off. 

One of my favourite comedians, and turning 30 at the same time as him made one song in particular very relatable. 

5 hours ago, Blink182 said:

Bo Burnham's latest special 'Inside'.

He has the ability to make me laugh so much with the piss takes of people but at the same time gets the locked up feeling of the last 12 months pretty spot on here as well.

For Bo Burnham fans it's a treat, for folk who aren't aware of him I'm assuming it would seem a bit off. 

One of my favourite comedians, and turning 30 at the same time as him made one song in particular very relatable. 

It's absolutely sensational. 'White woman's Instagram' and 'Welcome to the Internet' are songs I cannot get out of my head, not only their for catchiness but the crippling subtext behind them both.

At least a 9/10 for Inside.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Call My Agent

French comedy drama set in an A-list acting talent agency in Paris. This is so well written. So funny but also tugs the heart strings. Has that skin-crawling feel of great sitcoms where you know whatever can go wrong will go wrong and then keep going even more wrong. A bit like Toast of London crossed with Blackadder and Father Ted only everyone is incredibly beautiful. 

From the guy from Highlander to the girl from Betty Blue, French film stars (and even Sigourney Weaver) make guest appearances and are not afraid to send themselves up. 

Watched all 24 hours in a few days.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

any movies to recommend on netflix? 

47 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

No but I can give you some FILM recommendations...

Try The Platform. Decent viewing.

Mitchells Vs The Machines.

It was way better than it had any right to be and worth the watch just for a certain scene alone involving a nostalgic 90s toy.

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Witcher series 2 coming in December.

Cannae wait.

ETA: Is that Fleet Foxes? Fucking awesome.

Edited by Slenderman

I watched this and felt it was trying to lead you one way (rather than focus on how incompetent the police were). I then watched the Jim Sheridan documentary on it (Murder at the Cottage), which was much more comprehensive and balanced. Reading about it Ian Bailey never actually agreed to be part of the Netflix documentary, he just said he'd participate in a trailer. He's obviously a strange guy and an arsehole to boot, but the documentary leaves out a lot of important details.

13 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Witcher series 2 coming in December.

About time. 2 years between seasons is ridiculous and we are now over 2 years since Stranger Things. 

Netflix badly needs to pull its finger out. Some of its cancellation decisions as well are very poor.

27 minutes ago, Thorongil said:

About time. 2 years between seasons is ridiculous and we are now over 2 years since Stranger Things. 

Netflix badly needs to pull its finger out. Some of its cancellation decisions as well are very poor.

2 years is more than reasonable.