Netflix

Biscuits

Big Dave getting to show pretty much all of his acting prowess in Army of the Dead made me happy. He's probably the best actor to come from wrestling in my lifetime. Most of them seem to kind of settle into one groove, but Bautista is very much capable of anything and is a genuinely great actor.

The movie gets 8/10 from me btw. I like it's wee plays on the Romero movies and Snyder's self awareness on his own tropes.

Big Dave getting to show pretty much all of his acting prowess in Army of the Dead made me happy. He's probably the best actor to come from wrestling in my lifetime. Most of them seem to kind of settle into one groove, but Bautista is very much capable of anything and is a genuinely great actor.

The movie gets 8/10 from me btw. I like it's wee plays on the Romero movies and Snyder's self awareness on his own tropes.

I do think Cena has a great career as a comedy actor ahead of him and hopefully Suicide Squad showcases that but made up for big Dave who seems like a top guy who’s picked his roles perfectly and can easily slot into a host of genres. Still cool as hell he was in Bladerunner 2049. I’ve never seen an actor more likely to be in John Wick that hasn’t already starred either.

There's a Highlander reboot being made with Henry Cavill in the lead role, presumably Connor Macleod or a similar character (reboot means they could have an original character I suppose).

Big Dave would be absolutely class as the Kurgan.

I'll watch it anyway at some point, but does Army of the Dead have anything to do with Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead? Always a bit surprised that never got a sequel. I'm assuming the answer's no, as I haven't seen anything tying the two together.

Also, I wouldn't hold your breath about the Highlander remake. That's literally been "in the works" since the turn of the millennium. Henry Cavill's as good a choice for this phantom film as any, though. Quite like him. Decent as Gerald of Nvidia and Superdude.

I'll watch it anyway at some point, but does Army of the Dead have anything to do with Zack Snyder's remake of Dawn of the Dead? Always a bit surprised that never got a sequel. I'm assuming the answer's no, as I haven't seen anything tying the two together.
Also, I wouldn't hold your breath about the Highlander remake. That's literally been "in the works" since the turn of the millennium. Henry Cavill's as good a choice for this phantom film as any, though. Quite like him. Decent as Gerald of Nvidia and Superdude.
Other than the fact it's zombies, no. Stands on it's own.

Just watched Army of the Dead there and it fuckin rocks. Every protag in this has an impossibly high T count. Zack Snyder's class I'm glad the cultural feeling on him is swinging back round. 

7 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Just watched Army of the Dead there and it fuckin rocks. Every protag in this has an impossibly high T count. Zack Snyder's class I'm glad the cultural feeling on him is swinging back round. 

He certainly gets respect for having more perspective on superhero films than the weird fanboys who lost their heads at Scorsese

E118RRtWQAMBC_x.jpeg

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

There's a Highlander reboot being made with Henry Cavill in the lead role, presumably Connor Macleod or a similar character (reboot means they could have an original character I suppose).

Big Dave would be absolutely class as the Kurgan.

Read about this yesterday. Highlander is one of my favourite nostalgic films so I'm hoping they do it justice. I hope they secure the same soundtrack. I watched the film quite young and mind the scene with his wife dying and the Queen song "Who wants to liiiiiive foreeeeever" that stuck with me for a long time and had me very certain I would not want to live forever! 

Henry Cavill is my man crush too so he better do this justice, the real trick is casting the Sean Connery fella correctly. 

Read about this yesterday. Highlander is one of my favourite nostalgic films so I'm hoping they do it justice. I hope they secure the same soundtrack. I watched the film quite young and mind the scene with his wife dying and the Queen song "Who wants to liiiiiive foreeeeever" that stuck with me for a long time and had me very certain I would not want to live forever! 
Henry Cavill is my man crush too so he better do this justice, the real trick is casting the Sean Connery fella correctly. 
Antonio Banderas as Ramirez perhaps?

9 minutes ago, SpiderDee said:
2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Antonio Banderas as Ramirez perhaps?

That's a brilliant shout btw. Looking back I always forget the character was called Ramirez, was he actually Spanish or something? 😂

I don't even think Connery tried an accent. 

17 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That's a brilliant shout btw. Looking back I always forget the character was called Ramirez, was he actually Spanish or something? 😂

I don't even think Connery tried an accent. 

Egyptian originally, or an alien if I remember the Highlander 2 nonsense :)

When he pops up in the Highlands though he had been working within the Spanish court hence the Ramirez name.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

Egyptian originally, or an alien if I remember the Highlander 2 nonsense :)

When he pops up in the Highlands though he had been working within the Spanish court hence the Ramirez name.

Ahhh right that makes a lot of sense. I never watched the later films but I've heard plenty! Are they worth watching just for a laugh? 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Ahhh right that makes a lot of sense. I never watched the later films but I've heard plenty! Are they worth watching just for a laugh? 

I haven't watched any of the sequels in years now. After all there can only one, so it might as well stick to the original.

The sequel is a mess introducing an idea that the immortals are banished aliens, something like that. Starts off with Connor older having one the prize, but then new aliens arrive under the leadership of Michael Ironside. Once he kills one of the aliens the quickening happens and Connor is young again. Then some how Ramirez returns. I don't think it's up there with Blade Runner, but there are a number of cuts out there trying make sense of it.

Third one was a bit more back to basics. Typical 90s straight to video fare with Mario Van Peebles as the villian.

You're then into the TV movie zone. Having never watched the TV series I haven't seen any of them. The only thing I remember about either of them is that WWE's Edge appears in one them.

BBC originally but the British, Ken Branagh-led Wallander series is an absolute delight on Netflix. A generally good procedural lifted by Branagh's performance in the first few series, the last as he comes to terms with early onset dementia is heartbreaking and really good telly.

Believe Me:The Abduction Of Lisa McVey - film based on a true story. It's pretty harrowing and the girl playing Lisa is fantastic as she goes through hell not just in her abduction but what we see in flashbacks with her horrible family situation. Highly recommended.

ETA - it says at the end of the film that Bobby Joe Long who abducted and raped Lisa is on Death Row but just found out that he was executed by lethal injection on 23rd May

Edited by JustOneCornetto