Netflix

Biscuits

Finished the Swedish HBO show Beartown (Bjornstad) at the weekend, good watch, not sure if it's streaming anywhere in the UK. I'm now looking for any other good Nordic shows to watch, any recommendations? Bordertown any good? Quicksand?
I thought Trapped (Icelandic) was brilliant.

12 hours ago, Saigon Raider said:
22 hours ago, Torpar said:
Finished the Swedish HBO show Beartown (Bjornstad) at the weekend, good watch, not sure if it's streaming anywhere in the UK. I'm now looking for any other good Nordic shows to watch, any recommendations? Bordertown any good? Quicksand?

I thought Trapped (Icelandic) was brilliant.

I'll second this.

Why Did You Kill Me? - bit of a strange documentary about a young woman who was shot and killed in what seemed a pretty random event but as you see both the police side of the investigation and the girl's mother using social media to track down the gang member who shot her daughter you realise there's more to it. You feel a bit of sympathy at first for the gir's family but it fades away as you realise they are heavily into drugs themselves.

On 12/04/2021 at 13:53, 19QOS19 said:
On 12/04/2021 at 10:45, Torpar said:

If you go with Bordertown let me know what it's like. I have that on my list. I got a few episodes into The Rain which was decent. Need to get back to it though.

I had high hopes for Bordertown, I read it was one of the most popular shows in Finland, it might be one of those 'stick with it, it get's better' type of shows but I got bored in the middle of the second episode and switched to watching Trapped, which so far is an excellent watch. 

Yeah any sympathy you feel at first quickly evaporates when you find ou more about her.
Even now she smirked when she said that she didnt tell them everything, beggars belief when the guy is trying to find out who murdered your daughter.