Netflix

Biscuits

12 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
13 hours ago, Aufc said:
Currently watching seaspiracy. Bit of an eye opener

Sunday Times had a bit on this and obviously the Scottish salmon farmers disagree with the contents. Not seen it yet but two sides to every story.

yeah i agree it is probably a bit sensationalist with its headlines but some of the video footage is appalling. 

5 hours ago, Olive00 said:

I love Netflix. Now I’m watching “the Crown”. The series is very beautiful and well-shot. When you look, you get colossal aesthetic pleasure. But the feeling of chewing gum does not leave, as if the director is afraid to overload the viewer's brain. Instead of showing historical action (what is happening in the world, behind-the-scenes wars, etc.) - one clear chewed line. Long scenes with kisses, silence of the main characters, etc. Therefore, the impression is very ambiguous. It would be cool if the entire series showed world history through the prism of the life of Elizabeth Il. But alas, no. Everything is provided for this story to last 10 seasons. Otherwise I liked Churchill and the scenery very much.

Aye

I am the type of guy that doesn't want to watch stuff when everyone is going on about it. It may make me a p***k but that's just me and I'm okay with it. Generally if I see loads of people going crazy for something I bookmark it and go for it when the buzz dies down. 

I have just started watching Making A Murderer for the first time ever, I was aware how widely this was discussed and how imo it kinda paved the way for the now generic Netflix crime documentary but I must say so far it is compelling, i didnt know anything about the case and I'm only a few episodes in so please no spoilers but by God it has me seriously hooked. 

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I am the type of guy that doesn't want to watch stuff when everyone is going on about it. It may make me a p***k but that's just me and I'm okay with it. Generally if I see loads of people going crazy for something I bookmark it and go for it when the buzz dies down

I have just started watching Making A Murderer for the first time ever, I was aware how widely this was discussed and how imo it kinda paved the way for the now generic Netflix crime documentary but I must say so far it is compelling, i didnt know anything about the case and I'm only a few episodes in so please no spoilers but by God it has me seriously hooked. 

^^^^ only started following the gers in 2012?

I am the type of guy that doesn't want to watch stuff when everyone is going on about it. It may make me a p***k but that's just me and I'm okay with it. Generally if I see loads of people going crazy for something I bookmark it and go for it when the buzz dies down. 

I’m the same as you a lot of the time although I’m trying to remedy that as it’s good to be into something when everyone’s talking about it.

Worth having a look at the case after you finish watching as I’m sure there were articles written pointing out that the documentary omits a ton of information apparently.

9 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I’m the same as you a lot of the time although I’m trying to remedy that as it’s good to be into something when everyone’s talking about it.

Worth having a look at the case after you finish watching as I’m sure there were articles written pointing out that the documentary omits a ton of information apparently.

The problem for me is with streaming services they drop all 10 episodes of something all at once and then you get people that have binge watched the entire show and just want to get the hot take out there first where as I can't do that nor would I want to so usually I have to completely ignore it otherwise there will be spoilers. 

The people that were watching GOT at 3am and then posting what happened on Twitter caused me lots of displeasure! 😂 

Aye funnily enough I remember some of that criticism but I'm deffo going to power on through then probably read some stuff on it. 

GoT is a good example of why I normally hold off on watching something (usually American) straight away. I've heard numerous people saying it was an awful ending and as a result I probably won't ever bother. The same way I haven't bothered with Lost. That and the fact American will drop shows in the blink of an eye makes me cautious of diving in straight away.

Though not having FB or Twitter means I'm not usually one for reading spoilers so will watch someone from the off if it takes my fancy.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

GoT is a good example of why I normally hold off on watching something (usually American) straight away. I've heard numerous people saying it was an awful ending and as a result I probably won't ever bother. The same way I haven't bothered with Lost. That and the fact American will drop shows in the blink of an eye makes me cautious of diving in straight away.

Though not having FB or Twitter means I'm not usually one for reading spoilers so will watch someone from the off if it takes my fancy.

I'd give it a watch, the ending was fine, it made sense and it doesn't make any of the previous episodes any worse. It's not a grand finale but it really isn't as bad as some people make out and the earlier seasons and battles going into the later seasons are definitely worth it. 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Watch them both. My favourite two series ever. Lost probably edges it for me.

51 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

Watch them both. My favourite two series ever. Lost probably edges it for me.

Aye. The endings of both were far from perfect and probably move them down the list of 'best ever shows' IMO but they are still great series. I never finished Lost when it was on originally and only finally got round to watching it again last year thanks to covid giving me a lot more time for these things. The outcry over the ending was one of the reasons I never bothered going back to it for 10 years but I didn't think it was that bad tbh.

Edited by EH75

24 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think watching Lost, knowing the ending would kill a lot of the suspense/the mystery. I don't want to watch 6 seasons to be proven correct.

I’ve watched it about 5 times and I’m still not too sure I fully understand the ending!

Lost had some great moments in it but it's held up as the worst case of hubristic mystery box writing for a reason. I'm not necessarily against someone not having the answers to their initial premises when they start writing but that show still hadn't worked out where it was going after it concluded.

Game of Thrones is great for 4 seasons then it's fine for 2, then it's eh for one and then it's horrific for the final season. It was really funny watching people coming to terms with how much Benioff and Weiss were unqualified to wrap that story up and how much they had mentally tuned out by the last 6 episodes in anticipation of other projects which I think they had taken away from them. What's even funnier tho is you can clearly see George R. R. Martin took one long at what they served up and realised he just couldn't be arsed tying it up either so now he's doing shit like world-building for Fromsoft games.

Lost had some great moments in it but it's held up as the worst case of hubristic mystery box writing for a reason. I'm not necessarily against someone not having the answers to their initial premises when they start writing but that show still hadn't worked out where it was going after it concluded.

See also The Walking Dead. I'm fully prepared for a shite ending as it's been in decline for years but I've got this far I need to stick with it. It'll be a chore though and I've yet to watch the latest episodes.