Netflix

Biscuits

On 23/03/2021 at 17:19, steelmen said:

I do wonder if Daddy Stroll will ever sack baby Stroll because he is a shit driver. by rights Perez should still be there and Lance should be unemployed.

I really like Riccardo, i think he is a good laugh. I like Horner too, he is married to the filthy spice girl.

I remember when Karren Brady took over as part of the board at Birmingham City. Married a footballer there, then sold him. 

On 20/03/2021 at 20:26, Craig the Hunter said:

Anyone watched Murder Among the Mormons? Crazy story, a really good 3 part documentary. I had my jaw on the floor for large parts

I watched part way through the first episode but couldn't really get into it. Is it worth sticking with?

On 25/03/2021 at 15:17, sfha said:

I watched part way through the first episode but couldn't really get into it. Is it worth sticking with?

Replying to my own reply to a quote!

I watched it again and it was well worth sticking with. I originally thought the first part was a bit meh but in hindsight it WAS setting up a lot. I would never have guessed that ending!

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:
Hello friends,

Anyone got any good dystopian film recommendations they’ve seen on Netflix recently?

Watched The Platform yet?

No. Worth a try?

I like films like Children of Men and just watched a short series called something like ‘Tribes of Europa’ which was an easy watch.

No. Worth a try?
I like films like Children of Men and just watched a short series called something like ‘Tribes of Europa’ which was an easy watch.
Brilliant film. One of those that gets you in the mindset of "I wonder what I'd do in that situation". Well worth a watch.

Just started watching "The Irregulars" after spotting a recommendation in the Herald. I'm only 5 minutes in but I'm immediately disheartened by an all too familiar oversight. This is about a street-gang used by Sherlock Holmes, but the kids all speak like they went to Harrow. There's a lot of talk about diversity in films and series, but it tends to revolve around sexuality, gender and race. Too often class is overlooked, and this is especially jarring when the characters themselves are working class, or below it in this case. I'll keep it up for this episode, but it's hard to believe in a Victorian London where the street kids are posh. 

Watched the first season of Ratched.  Despite a lull in the middle where it completely loses focus, and despite the lead character being inconsistent at best,  we made it to the end.   Fairly entertaining stuff, largely.  Worth it if you are at a loose end.

Watched the first season of Ratched.  Despite a lull in the middle where it completely loses focus, and despite the lead character being inconsistent at best,  we made it to the end.   Fairly entertaining stuff, largely.  Worth it if you are at a loose end.

I had the same feeling about it. Felt it was about 2 episodes too long.

binge watched The Final table yesterday. really good master chef type program.

12 pairs of top chefs go round the world to cook a dish from that country. the UK one was... the english breakfast as voted for by Cat Deeley, Gary Lineker and some food critic.

bottom 3 have to cook again for that countries top chef and 1 pair go home.

Amazing the detail they go into on some of the dishes, also amazing to see how some of them with Rosettes fcuk it up.

18 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
21 hours ago, Nick_BCFC said:
No. Worth a try?

Brilliant film. One of those that gets you in the mindset of "I wonder what I'd do in that situation". Well worth a watch.

Watched it last night. Not bad, thanks for the recommendation.