Netflix

Biscuits

47 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Vanishing  at the Cecil Hotel is a fascinating story in a terribly made documentary.  If you can ignore the stupid voiceovers and pointless  narrated social media posts, its quite compelling.  

I lost interest in it as soon as they started showing the views of what I presume are vloggers and they guy who runs a facebook group about the whole thing. Utter wrong uns, especially the ones who went to the hotel as if it was some sort of tourist hot spot.

ETA - just getting to the end of the third episode and it’s somehow gotten even more ridiculous. I’m out.

Edited by PB1994

Watched the first part of the Hotel Cecil thing and felt it was okay but initially thought that it was going to be just the one episode so I could just about be bothered with it. About twenty minutes left I realised it wasn’t about done and discovered it was spread across four chapters. Then, just before the end of episode one, they introduced a guy who’s little job descriptor read - ‘internet sleuth’.

I will not be returning to find out what happened.

If anyone wants a decent 40 minute true crime film then ‘Long Shot’ is an interesting story (and unlike Hotel Cecil is over in one go).

38 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

Cecil hotel could have been done in one episode, wasn’t up to much.

Night stalker is worth a watch tho, really good documentary.

Most of Netflix's,  and indeed some other US documentaries could be screened in 2, maybe 3 episodes, but they have a tendency to stretch these things out. I also thought that although Cecil didn't live up to the hype it was ok although those internet "sleuths" took the biscuit. As for the couple from England, who on earth holidays in downtown LA? Have these people never watched The Shield or indeed ANY show set there?

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:
10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Is that on German Netflix? It's one of the shows being promoted for Star on Disney+ in the UK

What, Vikings? Aye. Dunno, it's just... Not pulling me im. The violence is pg along with the entire feel of it.

No, 24, but I presume the answer is the same

13 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Well, yeah It's on German Netflix. 8 episodes in and can't believe I've not came across this before. 

Oofftt, 24 was fantastic at the time, as you work through the seasons you'll feel the first couple of hours are samey every time, but once shit starts to happen its unreal

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

I lost interest in it as soon as they started showing the views of what I presume are vloggers and they guy who runs a facebook group about the whole thing. Utter wrong uns, especially the ones who went to the hotel as if it was some sort of tourist hot spot.

ETA - just getting to the end of the third episode and it’s somehow gotten even more ridiculous. I’m out.

Yes. That is the episode I’m on now. I’ve taken a dislike to the British couple too, who don’t seem to add anything to the story. Maybe we’ll find out more from them.    Wish it was just the cops and the hoteliers talking about it, because the story itself is nuts. 

Yes. That is the episode I’m on now. I’ve taken a dislike to the British couple too, who don’t seem to add anything to the story. Maybe we’ll find out more from them.    Wish it was just the cops and the hoteliers talking about it, because the story itself is nuts. 
I've only watched the first episode but that couple annoy me purely because they're walking down a new City recording their walk ffs.

5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Oofftt, 24 was fantastic at the time, as you work through the seasons you'll feel the first couple of hours are samey every time, but once shit starts to happen its unreal

I can't remember the specifics - I watched it a long time ago and the series do start to blend into one - but I do remember that series 2 is amazingly good tv-vision.

10 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

I can't remember the specifics - I watched it a long time ago and the series do start to blend into one - but I do remember that series 2 is amazingly good tv-vision.

Season 2 was sensational. That was when it used to be on BBC2 on a Sunday night

On 10/02/2021 at 10:27, JustOneCornetto said:

Anyone started watching Season 2 of Snowpiercer?

Thought Season 1 had it's moments but wanted to see what people think before I get into it again. It's being released week by week and I think 3 episodes have been shown so far.

I've put it off until I finish Hannibal. 

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

The manager from the Cecil Hotel seems both strange and not very bright. How was she in charge for 10 years?

She strikes me as exactly the kind of person who’d run an absolutely terrible hotel.  Her lack of empathy for anyone is almost pathological.

20 hours ago, The Golden God said:

The manager from the Cecil Hotel seems both strange and not very bright. How was she in charge for 10 years?

Was it 80 people, she said, had died in the hotel in the 10 years she was there? She seemed to think that was totally normal.