Netflix

Biscuits

Finished night stalker. It didn't tell me anything new about the case, however it was very well made I liked the reenactment parts and the 2 detectives giving their side to it gave it some heft. I would like to see more from makers of it.

That fucking mayor in San Francisco almost scuppered the whole thing though.

On 01/02/2021 at 21:29, Boostin' Kev said:

Midnight Diner that Savage Henry recommended is quality.

I can easily watch about a film’s worth in an evening.  I still can’t tell if the yakuza assistant guy is a completely nuts character or if the actor is just dreadful. 

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I can easily watch about a film’s worth in an evening.  I still can’t tell if the yakuza assistant guy is a completely nuts character or if the actor is just dreadful. 

There were 2 films made in between the first 3 serirs' and the last 2 which were Tokyo Stories. 

Ryus one of the best characters. 

Just getting into this. Good call whoever it was that suggested it. The production took a bit of getting used to to begin with. It's filmed more like a reality show. I love the wee bits at the end where they show you how to cook the food.

Watched the first 2 episodes of Bodyguard last night. The one with Richard Madden & Keeley Hawes. The first 15 minutes was unbelievably tense.
Very impressed so far.

Wanted to watch that but I've seen basically all the key scenes and know how everything ends already so think it would lose some of its effect.

23 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Wanted to watch that but I've seen basically all the key scenes and know how everything ends already so think it would lose some of its effect.

Somehow I managed to completely miss the whole thing at the time. I remember Richard Madden touring round every bit of press going to talk about it but I never seen a second of the actual show. Finished it last night in one sitting. Worth a watch. 

Might do Line of Duty next because, again, I managed to completely miss that. 

Somehow I managed to completely miss the whole thing at the time. I remember Richard Madden touring round every bit of press going to talk about it but I never seen a second of the actual show. Finished it last night in one sitting. Worth a watch. 
Might do Line of Duty next because, again, I managed to completely miss that. 

I know a couple of the twists in Line of Duty but yeah, I'll probably go for that. With Bodyguard, a fair chunk of it got ruined by twitter and Gogglebox

12 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

Line of Duty is immense get on it immediately. The new season should be out in the next month or so too.

Martin Compston saying on his Twitter there is a massive twist episode 4 of the 7 in this upcoming series...

...my, totally baseless theory.

Remember the original baddie from series 1, Tommy Hunter was Scottish?

Arnott turns out to be his son/brother and reverts to his Scottish accent, the London accent he has used all along being a cover for his true identity.

You heard it here first.

Watched Crack: Cocaine, Corruption & Conspiracy the other day, America is an absolute shite show of a country. 

Finished The Night Stalker too, the crocodile tears from the female LA Times reporter was hard to believe after she was quite willing to blow the whole investigation for an exclusive. 

Now watching Trial 4, absolutely shocked to discover Boston Police is full of racist "Irish" guys!  

On 09/02/2021 at 12:18, steelmen said:

Watched the Vanished the other night. couple go on camping/holiday home holiday and little girl goes missing.

I am not sure if i liked it or not but like most things i had to explain it all to my other half when it was finished.

I watched it a while back and understand your sentiment.  

Watched Crack: Cocaine, Corruption & Conspiracy the other day, America is an absolute shite show of a country. 
Finished The Night Stalker too, the crocodile tears from the female LA Times reporter was hard to believe after she was quite willing to blow the whole investigation for an exclusive. 
Now watching Trial 4, absolutely shocked to discover Boston Police is full of racist "Irish" guys!  
Aye the reporter was a strange one. To me she came across as someone who thought she helped find the guy. I viewed her as a complete c**t who was more interested in getting a story rather than stopping the maniac killing more people.

Not unique with a reporter, right enough.

Vanishing  at the Cecil Hotel is a fascinating story in a terribly made documentary.  If you can ignore the stupid voiceovers and pointless  narrated social media posts, its quite compelling.  

Edited by Savage Henry

On 09/02/2021 at 12:18, steelmen said:

Watched the Vanished the other night. couple go on camping/holiday home holiday and little girl goes missing.

I am not sure if i liked it or not but like most things i had to explain it all to my other half when it was finished.

Just put myself through that....

Maybe shouldve taken heed from the IMDB reviews but went against my better judgement. The best i can say about it is that it wasnt very good