Netflix

Biscuits

11 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Just watched the night stalker. Did anyone else find that they had to look away when they did the close up on his eyes in the photo of him staring back at the camera? He really was a creepy looking fucker. 

They talked about his eyes a lot and it's hard to disagree with any of it.

On 10/01/2021 at 16:29, Savage Henry said:

Midnight Diner is a weird Japanese/Tom Waitsy surrealist thing. It’s set in a Japanese Restaurant that only opens at night.  I’m all in. 

Hadn't heard of that and started watching the OG Japanese version rather than Tokyo Stories.  Best programme I've watched in a while.

One of my friends has been telling me, for literally years now, to start watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. From the small clips I had seen I always believed it to be your standard US comedy, the odd laugh here and there but no real depth to it. 

I’ve had to message him and apologise for pushing back against it for so long, it’s absolutely excellent. I always enjoy shows where each episode has its own story and everything gets tied up before the end of the episode. I know there is some storylines that carry on through the show, but on the whole each episode can stand alone. Usually seeing a show has 14 seasons would put me off, but on this occasion I’m happy to see that. Half way through season 2 at the minute and imagine I will rattle through the lot quite quickly just watching a couple of episodes each night before bed. 

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

One of my friends has been telling me, for literally years now, to start watching Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia. From the small clips I had seen I always believed it to be your standard US comedy, the odd laugh here and there but no real depth to it. 

I’ve had to message him and apologise for pushing back against it for so long, it’s absolutely excellent. I always enjoy shows where each episode has its own story and everything gets tied up before the end of the episode. I know there is some storylines that carry on through the show, but on the whole each episode can stand alone. Usually seeing a show has 14 seasons would put me off, but on this occasion I’m happy to see that. Half way through season 2 at the minute and imagine I will rattle through the lot quite quickly just watching a couple of episodes each night before bed. 

There's a thread in the US TV forum. But you're right, you should have started watching it sooner

Really liked Bonding (though I thought the first series was much better than the second). Episodes are only 15-20 mins, though it has got me looking at the dog’s collars in a different light. Quite a sweet comedy around  a couple of former high school pals who move to New York. The girl pays for her college by being a dominatrix and she recruits her gay best pal as her assistant. Some gross-out humour but one of those programmes where you really like all of the characters. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8237fa076cfb29a4b88b82bff3dc10f5.jpeg

I have had Netflix for several years but barely watched anything on it other than Stranger Things and the Ted Bundy tapes.

Can one of you hardcore Netflix geeks compile a top 10 biggest/must watch shows as I always forget which ones I’ve heard of, sound good and want to see. 

1. Making A Murderer. 

1) Don’t f**k with cats
2) Santa Clarita Diet
3) Better Call Saul
4) Tiger King
6) Fyre Festival
7) Bojack Horseman
8) abjucted in plain sight
9) unsolved mysteries
10) Trailer Park Boys