Netflix

Biscuits

16 hours ago, Oscar P said:

Last Breath - a documentary about a North Sea diving incident from 2012.

Actual footage interspersed with commentaries  from those involved.

Fascinating watch.

Indeed! This dramatic documentary captures deep sea diver Chris Lemons' tale of survival in the face of apparent hopelessness. Actually this movie arrested my heart. 

Was reading his Wikipedia page and apparently when in jail he married some women who had been sending him letters etc. She apparently claimed she would commit suicide when he was executed but in 2009 Dna confirmed he had raped and murdered a 9 year old girl so she left him. Yet she married him knowing that he had murdered and sexually assaulted numerous people as well as abducting and molesting numerous children. What the f**k is wrong with some folk.

2 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Night Stalker new on Netflix. That freak makes Peter Sutcliffe seem like a saint.

Watched 3 of the 4 episodes last night. Absolutely crazy stuff. Couldn’t believe the press conference the Mayor of San Francisco gave.

Its also crazy the attitudes different police departments have for each other. There is this crazy killer/rapist on the loose but we won’t try get any evidence off of a car we have locked up because you were in a different area.

7 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Night Stalker new on Netflix. That freak makes Peter Sutcliffe seem like a saint.

Hail Satan!

His upbringing was a bit rough, especially his dad tying him to a cross in a graveyard overnight but still, no excuse for that sort of behaviour Mr Ramirez.

Last Breath - a documentary about a North Sea diving incident from 2012.
Actual footage interspersed with commentaries  from those involved.
Fascinating watch.
I know a north sea diver who says this is not an accurate portrayal of the incidents and there has been a decent cover up to save peoples arses here.

Watched Night Stalker on Saturday, was pretty gripping.  I'd heard of the Hillside Stranger before but this case was a new one on me.  He looked fucking mental in that pic they kept showing of him when they arrested him.

Took me a while but finished The Ripper at the weekend, before watching it I thought people on here must be being a harsh on the feminist but they weren't wrong, as an earlier poster said, pick your battles. Thought they might have touched on Wearside Jack a bit more too.

Taking of which, I started rewatching Sunderland Til I Die for the third time, the massive over confident of everyone before the Celtic game always brings a smile to my face, a rare occasion I was delighted to see Celtic hammering a team. The bizarre editing also still makes me laugh, Sunderland concede at Barnsley, cut to angry fans at Stadium of Light and Brentford and a shot of Simon Grayson looking worried at Hull. Reminds me of the Fall Out Boy movie in the Simpsons when Milhouse quits

Edited by Torpar

8 hours ago, Torpar said:

Took me a while but finished The Ripper at the weekend, before watching it I thought people on here must be being a harsh on the feminist but they weren't wrong, as an earlier poster said, pick your battles. Thought they might have touched on Wearside Jack a bit more too.

Taking of which, I started rewatching Sunderland Til I Die for the third time, the massive over confident of everyone before the Celtic game always brings a smile to my face, a rare occasion I was delighted to see Celtic hammering a team. The bizarre editing also still makes me laugh, Sunderland concede at Barnsley, cut to angry fans at Stadium of Light and Brentford and a shot of Simon Grayson looking worried at Hull. Reminds me of the Fall Out Boy movie in the Simpsons when Milhouse quits

That was the summer of 2017 when Celtic had just gone unbeaten domestically and had also drawn twice with Man City in the CL. They were always going to ruin an English Chanpionship side. The Sunderland fans clearly thought as it was a Scottish side they’d automatically be League One standard.

On 11/01/2021 at 15:04, Twinkle said:

Watched Lupin over the last couple of days, very enjoyable. A mix of Oceans 11, The Thomas Crown Affair, Now You See Me etc

I watched a few episodes of this and I am also enjoying it. The prison bit was a bit ridiculous though.

5 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Night Stalker - thought the last episode was a bit underwhelming, as well. 

The worst person in it was the female news reporter. 

Right? Basically threatened to f*** the investigation and get more people killed. Me and the missus have started watching The Confession Killer, really freaking weird, but I do love these big budget true crime documentaries. I never binge watch anything, but I watched four episodes of The Confession Killer before I was too knackered.